2002 360 Spider value | Page 3 | FerrariChat

2002 360 Spider value

Discussion in '360/430' started by allanlambo, Jan 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    I totally agree.

2. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Mako,
    That's bull ****. Have you even driven any of these cars? To compare the Gallard to the Murcielago as the same car is total horse manure.

If Ferrari made a Gallardo I would be extremely disappointed and know that my car happiness lives with the 355, Lotus Esprit, and Diablo 6.0. It would be no more new exotics for me until something better came out. Why do you think I don't own a 360? Because I think that the 355 is a more enjoyable car. I was offered a 360CS with 300 miles on it for sticker 4 weeks ago and I turned it down. I want to drive what's fun and even if a car has 500 hp and pulls 1g that doesn't guarantee that it's fun.

Even Allan doesn't want a Gallardo as he feels the Murcielago is a way better car. How much more proof than that do you need to know that your hypothesis is total bunk? Let me know, I'll be glad to put some more examples out there.

3. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Personally,I do like Lambo's. But,own a Ferrari and prefer Ferrari's. Regardless of which is the "better" car,the fastest car,whatever. The Lambo doesn't have the 'Soul' that a Ferrari does. Lambo can NEVER,EVER match that,no matter what it does. It can never play "Catch up". Ferrari's have a very passionate 60 + year racing History. Lambo does not. Even if they started an all out racing effort today,they still wouldn't have the same History,or,Mystique that Ferrari has. If they are such performers,why aren't they in racing? F1? You just can't jump into a market,and expect to be "Compared to" like that. Can a Lambo be compared to a Saleen,or a Maclaren F1? Or an Enzo? No. And,I don't hear anybody trying to. It's alot easier to compare down,than up,I suppose.

4. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Sorry, but this email is about as off-base as they come. I have no 360 bias. Let me fill you in on a few details. I had a Gallardo on order, and eagerly anticipated it to REPLACE my 360. I was second on the list at my dealer. The car came, and I didn't like it. Plain. Simple.

Secondly, the Murci is waaaay more car than the Gallardo. If you don't see that, I don't know what to tell you. Have you closely compared the cars? You claim the styling is nearly identical. Pardon my directness, but you may want to consider getting your vision examined.

Thank you for your suggestion about having an open mind. Maybe you should take some of your own advice. I do not praise the "prancing horse" anymore than any other marque. I am a car lover, not a Ferrari homer.

You are right about the Nurburgring time. Very impressive indeed. But when I am about to buy a new car, I want to love just about everything about it -- the performance, the styling, the quality, the feel, and the emotion that it stirs from within me. The Gallardo has the performance and the quality, but for me, it falls short in the other areas I mentioned. For this reason, I turned the car down.

If I had F-car bias, I wouldn't have ordered a Gallardo in the first place. So, my suggestion is to take some of your own advice. Have an open mind. Accept the fact that what you may crave, others may not. There's nothing wrong with that. I'm not threatened by it, and neither should you be.

5. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    Champion motor group in New York can deliver any color Gallardo you want within one week with a premium of $5K.

6. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Once again I agree. I found the Murcie to be a much more interesting car to drive than either a 360 or a Gallardo. If it had more interior storage I'd buy one and use it as a daily driver. I also think it's a better looking car than either. (Comparing coupes)

7. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.

Please find me some. I need about 3-4 of those. Hell it will be first class all the way if those prices are right. I am making a killing on those cars then :)

All I see is Gallardos being offered for sticker. What am I missing here.

8. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    In the words of Arthur Fonzarelli, "Exactamundo!"

9. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I too, am a car lover, or as many who know me will tell you a carnut, not a week goes by that I am not talking to some dealer about a car. I happen to own a 04 spider, my second 360, and it now fills my convertable fix (though it is about 20 outside). Is it the best convertable out there, I think so, but thats my opinion. Is is the best car in the world, no, but neither is the baby lambo, though I happen to like it, but after driving it I thought it was alot like my 996tt not that that is a bad thing.

As for values, well it has already been dicussed the spider will go up $9,500 the 15th of next month, I would like to think that will raise the price of admission all around. Think about it an 01 996tt wholesales in the low 70's thats a 3 year old car that just lost 50k, I'd say getting even close to sticker on an 01 spider would be a wonderful thing to me at least, that is if I was ever thought about resale when I bought a car because if I did, I'd have missed out on alot of fun rides, alot of smiles and alot of great memories.

Which one will be worth less, who the f--k cares, there is an ass for every seat they say, I'd rather drive than worry about what they are worth, hell I own a Maserati Coupe.

10. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Well said Morrie!!!!! You brought up a good point about the current resale prices to what the actual sticker is on a 360 spider. If you bought a 2001 360 spider for sticker you drove the car for the last 3 years with almost no deprec. what car has that benefit?
    Erik

11. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Morrie,
    I've been meaning to ask, how do you like that thing? I am thinking of getting one for a daily as the prices are getting pretty attractive for used ones with low miles.

12. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I like it, put straight pipes on so it now sounds like a Ferrari engine, I thought it was a great GT car before, with the prices now, it is even better. I'd advise a test drive.

13. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    Once again, everyone gets emotional and misses the point. Here's a breakdown for you so that everyone gets it right.

The Murci is far more car than either a 360 OR a Gallardo, no question.

But in terms of exterior styling, reliability, overall performance, and general cockpit ergonomics, the Gallardo and Murci are much closer than the F-chatters acknowledge. Therefore, anyone that seriously bows at the Murcielago alter is absolutely wrong to then turn around and go "oh but I hate the Gallardo". That's an asinine statement. The Gallardo is in effect a 90% Murci, Lambo's own people have described it as such. Who am I, or YOU to disagree.

That being said, no one would choose a Gallardo over a Murci unless their specific goals were unique, that's clear. But the two cars are MUCH closer than this group gives them credit for, particularly in the performance arena.

Next time pay attention to what's written originally, I won't then have to waste time re-typing what I've already said, lol

14. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I like it, put straight pipes on so it now sounds like a Ferrari engine, I thought it was a great GT car before, with the prices now, it is even better. I'd advise a test drive.

15. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Okay, and if you like a MB SL55 then you should like an SLK320. Mako, that makes zero sense. The Gallardo does not look nearly like the Murci, unles you take a Murci and chop 4 inches off the front and 6 inches off the back. And what about the seating position? Totally different. The doors? Only Lambo scissors doors on one. The carbon fiber? Should I go on? There are many things (little things in your opinion) that make the difference between the Gallardo and the Murci. That's okay if they're little in your mind but all those little things add up to world of difference. And I go back to my original post: have you even driven these cars back to back? There's no comparison.

16. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    I pay attention quite well, thank you. And I am hardly emotional. You, however, seem to be getting quite emotional.

I am not bowing to the Murci alter, nor am I stating that I hate the Gallardo. It seems your emotions are causing you to overstate the opinions of the objective car enthusiasts, like myself. The Murci is a great car, and I really like it. The Gallardo is a great car, but I don't really like it. Simple.

Who cares if Lambo's own people describe it as 90% Murci. Do you believe everything you hear? Take a close look at both cars, side by side. Then take a ride in both cars, on the same day. Then tell me that the Gallardo is 90% Murci. THAT'S an asinine statement.

17. loungedog

loungedog Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    New Market, Ontario

What did the guy do...sell it to his son??? :)

18. nart2222

nart2222 Rookie

Nov 28, 2003
    >No question, the 360 values are dropping. Heck, the car is now 5 years old! Big deal! <

no sweat..in another 15 yrs the prices could well start rising again.

N

19. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Haha, Dr Tax, believe me, i could care less what anyone says.

20. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    First off, this post was not about the Gallardo. It was about resale values of the 360 Spider. Then, the crybabys brought out the Gallardo. Which cannot be bought below Msrp, regardless of what some may say.

One reason, i do feel the Gallardo gets mixed reviews, is because it is not compared to the 360 and 996TT, but to the Murcielago, which i wholeheartedly agree is much more car. Just as the 575M is much more car than a 360.

21. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    There is an ass for every seat they say, and you may be thriving with some real asses.

22. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Im going to have agree on some key points. The driving experience in the Gallardo is completely different than that of the Murcielago. The Murci, really is much more car, in every way. I think the Gallardo is meant more towards the person who needs more of a car to drive daily, one that will fit more than one need, while the Murci is what prior Lambos are about, speed, looks and then comfort, a pure exotic, meant for the guy with several other cars, while the Gallardo may be the persons only car.

For me, since they are toys, the only reason i would see to buy a Gallardo over a Murci is if you live somewhere with narrow roads, tight parking, or if just the sheer size of the Murci intimidates you.

I will buy a Murci, then trade the 355 for a Gallardo. I think id end up keeping the Murci forever, or trading for another future iteration of a Murci, but the Gallardo would hang around till something better came around. If you took the Murci away, and left me with choosing any other car, the Gallardo would be it.

23. henryk

henryk Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Door County, WI
    I'm glad I buy older Ferraris: TR, Boxer

This way I don't have to worry about:

Mileage........afraid to add too many miles?,

Present value..........afraid I paid too much?,

Future value........is it sliding downward now?,

Investment potential.............can I get 10% return?,

Stone chips..........who cares?,

Depreciation........irrelevant.

I also don't have to defend the cars. No wonder I get a good nights sleep!!!!!!!!

I'll leave all the "new" car buying to some of you guys.

If I can't work on the car myself, then I don't want it.

24. Burnout

Burnout Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    Great thread, with excellent points being made. This should be mandatory reading for anyone considering a 360, Gallardo, or Murcielago.

25. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    This is true, I agree heartily unless you're weight-concious. There are some guys that after driving a lightweight car like say an Esprit, or Elise, that can't tolerate anything over 3,250lbs, and the Gallardo is close to that. The Murci is a tad heavier, and feels it.

But the Gallardo is certainly closer to a Murci than an SLK230 is to an SL55. That's the kind of moronic jacka$$ statement I've been dealing with here, lol.

No matter what anyone says, if you love the Murci, you should at LEAST like the Gallardo. They're much closer together than they are apart in all of the major categories. It's not even comparable to F-guys that like the 360 but hate the 550. Two totally different layouts, different powerbands, different everything.

At the end of the day the Gallardo and Murci are mid-engined 4WD supercars that differ greatly, but not enough to say "oooh the Gallardo blows, but the Murci is awesommmmmmme!!!!" lololol