2002 GATED 360 Modena - 87k obo | FerrariChat

2002 GATED 360 Modena - 87k obo

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by gbutler, Aug 27, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    #1 gbutler, Aug 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I thought I would try a modern Ferrari and it has been a great car, giving me a taste of the modern world yet still having the old school manual gearbox. However, my love lies in the vintage world so I am selling the car to fund the purchase of a fiberglass 308 and a Challenge car for future track days.

ZFFYU51A320129530
    Giallo Modena / Nero
    29.8k miles
    Daytona seats & factory shields
    Tubi muffler AND headers (eliminating potential of factory header failure!)

I am the fourth owner of the car, and ownership history and records are known from the time of it's first delivery by Shelton Ferrari. All documentation is with the car as when delivered new, including original window sticker, warranty card, all radio codes, key tags, and even the road side assistance card with the original owners name! The car has a clean CARFAX and to my knowledge no previous accident damage. All 3 key FOB's and both keys are present.

The car has an unbelievable maintenance history, including 5 belt changes since new. The clutch has been replaced 5k miles ago and the most recent major service was completed 9/30/16 at 28k miles. This service was not just a "lock & swap", but an extensive service that included installing new Hill Engineering tensioner bearings, removing the cam covers to install new cam shaft seals and checking for any failed valve lifters. Additional work at this time also included new front brake rotors and pads. The cam variator recall has also been completed on this car and motor and transmission mounts have been previously replaced. The car also rides on a set of new Potenza RE-71's with only about 100 miles on them.

The interior is very nice, with no bolster wear on the factory Daytona seats. Additionally, all the stickies have been addressed and the leather dash has no peeling or shrinkage present.

In summary, this car is one that someone can get in and drive for several years with minimal costs other than annual fluid changes, etc. All the known 360 mechanical and cosmetic issues have already been taken care of and the major service is fresh. All the car needs is a new owner to get in and enjoy it!

For further questions, feel free to give Glenn a call at 704-962-9683
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    #3 gbutler, Aug 27, 2017
  3. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Wow great color combination, detailed records and of course manual. Should not last long. GLWS.

4. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    This car is presented beautifully. Someone interested in jumping into the Ferrari world would be hard pressed to beat a car like this. I'm not even a 360 guy but I would find this very tempting. Its nice to see a car so well cared for.

GLWS

5. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    Photos of recent service - No "lock & swap here, note cams out of car to replace cam shaft seals, lifters inspected, and Hill Engineering tensioner bearings

6. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    #8 gbutler, Aug 27, 2017
  7. mmarino55

mmarino55 Rookie

Dec 2, 2007
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Michael Marino
    Well sorted and beautiful car, some one is going to be blessed to have this, Good Luck with the sale brotha!

8. Jeffg11

Jeffg11 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 31, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff Grabowski
    Wow! Very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Seems like a very well sorted car at a very low price compared to the rest of the market.

10. DOWORKFCAR

DOWORKFCAR Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2016

Agreed. If I didn't pick up a 550 this summer, I'd be all over this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. douglas360

douglas360 Karting

Nov 7, 2016
    SoCal
    The front dash vents have "popped" (seems to be the case from the pic) so it's sadly only a matter of time before the leather dash begins to shrink.

A very nice gated 360; I'm sure it'll go quick. GLWS.

12. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    Correct, the front dash vents have "popped". They are $135 each from Ricambi and my mechanic has replaced several of these (without tearing the dash apart!) on other 360's. So relatively inexpensive fix, I just have not gotten around to having it done yet.

13. soin

soin Rookie

Oct 27, 2012
    Sensible realistically priced cars are such a breath of fresh air, GLWS

14. douglas360

douglas360 Karting

Nov 7, 2016
    SoCal
    The vents "pop" because the leather is shrinking. The OEM vents have these crummy plastic tabs that hold them in place. Those tabs snap from the pressure of the leather being pulled tight as a drum and when they do finally let go - that's when the vents pop up and become loose.

Having researched this whole problem pretty extensively - I have no idea how your mechanic could replace the vents (and anchor them properly) without removing the dash. If he has an easy fix, legions of 360 owners want to talk to him. It's not the end of the world - I didn't fix mine and it still drove like a scalded cat. :^)

15. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    Just back from 3 week vacation and need to re-focus on moving this car, hence reducing price to 87k to drum up some more interest.

16. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I'm interested in this car. Cash customer (I've had my eye on another yellow 360 stick for a while now). I'm only wondering what redoing the dash leather is going to cost. I know the vent-only approach won't be enough for my perfectionist taste, so do you have any idea how much that would be?

Thanks,

George

17. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    No idea how much, but in my opinion it really would be a shame to spend the money as there is nothing else wrong with the dash other than the vents "popping". It is better than 90 percent of the cars out there. But then again, if you are a perfectionist a Ferrari will be an expensive proposition, especially a 15 year old car.

18. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I know, I spent over $40K on my 456M in five years, but in the end, it was the best sorted one of its type out there. Worth it to me, as I enjoy making them perfect. I'll ask around.

Cheers,

George

19. douglas360

douglas360 Karting

Nov 7, 2016
    SoCal
    You'll get quotes anywhere from $2k - $4,500. If you're handy, removing the dash (and replacing it) is labor intensive but not terribly difficult (just annoying). There are full write-ups on how to remove the dash. You can easily save $1k in labor if you DIY.

Honestly though, at the revised asking price, this car is a deal and a half.

20. Vonbarron

Vonbarron Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2014
    Westside Mofo
    Full Name:
    S B
    I’m of course willing to trade my euro 308, it’s dying to be a track car

21. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    A friend of mine said he has been trying to contact you about this car. Can you check your spam folder or post an e-mail address (or sent it to me via chat message). Thanks

22. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    my email address is [email protected] --- your friend can always give me a call or text me as well. My number is at bottom of original ad

23. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    He sent you a text and an e-mail, but no reply. He said he will call you this afternoon. His area code 816.