Sold - 2002 Red/Tan Ferrari 360 Spider Six Speed Manual | FerrariChat

Sold 2002 Red/Tan Ferrari 360 Spider Six Speed Manual

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by ferraristyle1, Apr 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferraristyle1

ferraristyle1 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    RARE SIX (6) SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION!
    Absolutely TURN KEY and ready for summer! No stories just an amazing car! You are looking at possibly the best red/tan, manual transmission Ferrari 360 Spider example currently for sale in the country! Why do I say that? Well read on…

* For Sale * 2002 Ferrari 360 Spider * 6 Speed Gated Manual *
    • $104,995.00 OBO
    • Rossa Corsa over Tan
    • Black Top
    • 19,925 Miles
    • No Wrecks/Accidents/Paint Work
    • Never Tracked
    • Clean Carfax
    • No CEL lights
    • All Maintenance Up-to-date 4/2019
    • Fresh Major W/ Belts (Hill Engineering) 4/2019
    • All Fresh Fluids 4/2019
    • New Elastics In Convertible Top 4/2019
    • New Transmission Mounts 9/2017
    • New Ball Joints (Hill Engineering) 9/2017
    • Only 5,000 Miles on Tires & Brakes
    • Factory Scuderia Shields ($1,000 Ferrari Option)
    • 3 Piece 18" Modular Rims ($1,800 Ferrari Option)
    • Factory Challenge Stradale Exhaust ($4,768 Ferrari Option)
    • Challenge Front & Rear Grills ($1,000 Ferrari Option)
    • Red Brake Calipers ($600 Ferrari Option)
    • Carbon Fiber Airboxes W/ BMC Filters (By Fabspeed $1,135)
    • Silicon Intake Hoses (By Fabspeed, $195)
    • Ferrari 360 Carbon Fiber Compensation Panel Cover w/ Cavallino ($295)
    • Complete Carbon Fiber Interior
    • Carbon Fiber Gas Cap
    • Ferrari Cavallino Embossed Headrests
    • No "Sticky" Buttons
    • Hills Engineering Shifter Fork
    • Ferrari Factory Car Cover
    • Aftermarket Stereo head unit W/CD and IPod hookup
    • Built In Radar Detector
    • Delivered With Full Professional Detail Inside/Out
    • Battery Maintenance/Trickle Charger
    • 1 Key
    • Fire Extinguisher
    • Ferrari Fix-A-Flat
    • No Tools
    • Maintenance Records To 2014 (Includes 2 Majors 2014 and 2019)
    This 2002 Ferrari 360 Spider is ready to go and has just received its major service and comprehensive pre-purchase inspection (PPI) by Scott Rosso of Rosso service. Mechanically, everything that needed to be addressed was repaired. By the way, if the name Scott Rosso sounds familiar, it should. Scott was the crew chief of the 2002 Ferrari 360 that WON the Rolex Grand Am Series! Scott is the guy that has personally performed all service on the car for the past 3 years. Literally the best of the best, the Top Gun of Ferrari 360 mechanics! I can't think of any other person that you would want to have work on this car! Please do not take only my word on the condition of the car. Feel free to call Rosso Service at (410) 638-2886 with any mechanical questions you may have.

Now to the main event! Yes, Ferraris really are special. They’re the ultimate car toy and perhaps the purest driving experience of automobile entertainment on the face of the Earth. If you like to drive simply for the pleasure of the activity, or are a hardcore Ferrari tifosi enthusiast, then this 2002 Ferrari F360 Spider wants to be your dance partner. It’s certainly the right color: quintessential Rosso Corsa, Italian for “Racing Red” and the color used by Ferraris that have carried the checkered flag at every major Formula One race for decades. And perhaps even more important the famed Ferrari gated shifter!

With just 19,925 miles on the clock (as of this writing it is 19,925 but I plan on driving the car), this lovely F360 Spider looks like it every bit like a modern era Ferrari. The revised bodywork of the 360 was a big step forward from the wedge shaped Ferrari’s of the past; such as the 308, 328, and F355. The teardrop shape of the 360 is softer, rounder, yet every bit as aggressive. It’s a shape that carries forward today in the 488. The gaping air intakes up front, the faired-in headlights that look like they were borrowed from Lemans, and the F1 inspired air ducts in back are pure form-following-function….all making this car one of the most dramatic shapes on the road. In fact, the Ferrari 360 car spent over 4000 hours in the wind tunnel getting everything perfect to produce the rear downforce without the use of external spoilers.

This 360 has the desirable 6 speed manual gearbox, the last of a generation. Since 2012 you CANNOT buy a Ferrari with a manual transmission gearbox in a V8 model so this car is sure to appreciate in value, so don’t worry about the mileage. Just look at the 308 and Testarossa market! When I first bought this car in 2014 308’s were $35,000. Now they are double that! Same with the Testarossas.

Again, don't take my word for it. Since 2014 the values of the last generation of exotic cars, in general, fitted with a manual gearbox has in many cases increased by over 100%. The reason for this is because when the Ferrari 360 was in production, most buyers did not choose to spec the car with the classic 6 speed gearbox; so current supply is VERY LIMITED! According to Haggrety, and looking specifically at Ferraris since January 2015, the average auction sale price of the 1999–2005 Ferrari 360 increased over 40 percent. This includes the most desirable 6 speed manual transmission cars, in Spider or Modena (coupe) trim. Haggrety places a +$40,000 to +$50,000k valuation on manual transmission cars. That is why there is such a discrepancy between paddle shift, F1 style cars and manual transmission cars. Additionally there is about a $5,000 to $10,000 premium difference in price between the coupe and the convertible Although last produced in 2005, the current value of the used Ferrari 360 is strong – lowering in price has basically stopped, and there has been an increase for many of these vehicles on the market. The timing for purchase on these used Ferraris is now, especially as the additonal cost of ownership will start to rise these models become more rare. A few years ago, in 2013 or 2014 you would have been able to find a nice, automatic 360 Modena in good condition for $70,000. Now, however, you can expect to pay at least $80,000 for the same vehicle. And, if you are going to be in the market for a manual, you can expect to pay over the $100,000 mark as there are fewer available and they are highly sought after. This being said, the financials on the 360 year over year show a steady positive trend. . So this well optioned 360 Spider 6 Speed car is sure to go up in value. Speaking of options, this car has every single option except for Daytona seats and the upgraded stereo system.

So just how rare is the manual transmission on a Ferrari 360? Well only 15% to 20% of all 360 Spider’s made between 1999 and 2005 were manual transmission cars. To put that into perspective, that’s about only 700 cars WORLDWIDE! Now, narrow that down to interior/exterior color combinations you want, and then options....just how many Ferrari 360 Spiders do you think are out there in the desirable red/tan combination that include options such as factory Scuderia fender shields and front and rear challenge grills? As time progresses it will be increasingly difficult to find a nice copy like this car with a mechanical history and the options of your choice..

Paint quality on Ferraris is legendary, and the luscious paint is so bright and shiny that you’re almost afraid to touch it as it looks wet. It has just undergone a full detail and minor paint correction. Inside and out, the car is immaculate, and the finish is mirror flawless. There are a few very minor stone chips on the car, but nothing you’re going to see without crawling on the ground or that are unusual for a 20 year old car.

The car has never been wrecked, hit, dinged, or tracked, so every panel is unmarked and in fantastic condition. There is no paint work on this car. Clean Carfax! With the Rosso Corsa exterior, the only real choice for the interior is tan leather, which has that wonderful supple look and feel that only the Italians seem to have mastered. In fact, Ferrari uses 5 cow hides to make 1 Ferrari 360 interior! Supportive bucket seats are in fantastic condition and despite the very soft hides, there’s almost no wear on the seating surfaces. There is just a tiny bit of rub wear on the driver’s side bolster (pictured), but no rips or tears!

Tan carpets with black and tan dash compliment the exterior. The three spoke steering wheel wrapped in Italian leather has the 8,500 RPM redline tachometer mounted so that it’s the first gauge you see when you glance down through the spokes. The full carbon fiber interior (not the typical raw aluminum) remind us that this is a racecar at heart. That’s right, full carbon fiber interior. Look at a stock 360 interior and see how the raw aluminum color just dates the interior of the car.

Of note, “sticky buttons” (the switches/plastic), have been addressed. Everything works, from the A/C to the power windows to the black canvas folding top with brand new elastic to ensure perfect performance. This is a big deal, as if these elastics go bad, they can easily bend the top rails at a repair costs of over $6,000. If your buying a 360 Spider and these have not been replaced, be careful.

The V8 Ferrari sound is a sound like no other car…period! The 3.6 liter DOHC, 400 V8 in this Ferrari sings an Italian symphony, thanks to the $4,000+ optional factory Ferrari exhaust borrowed from their track car, the Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale! At low speeds, it produces a synchronized chorus, but when you rev to the 8,500 RPM red line, it begins to scream to a blistering crescendo. You’ll look forward to tunnels and underpasses just to hear this marvelous sound!

Of note, this car has just had its belts replaced, all fluids changed, and a major service done, so everything is up to date, which is critical. Do not buy an unmaintained car, you are just asking for problems. Don’t look at a low purchase price only to find out the car needs a major, elastics, mounts, etc. That’s going to set you back $10,000 to $15,000 of-the-bat. And you DO NOT want to drive a 360 without a DOCUMENTED belt service....unless you want to risk destroying your engine! Keep this in mind, a Ferrari 360 may not be terribly expensive to buy but there will be expensive maintenance if the car was neglected. Fear not here! As I stated before, this car is turn key! Ready to go and enjoy summer with the top down.

The 6-speed manual shift clutch is healthy and it clicks off crisp shifts and doesn’t slip at low speeds. The suspension is surprisingly supple for a sports car, but that can be quickly firmed up by putting the car in "Sport" mode. Remember, the purpose of an exotic car is not to be comfortable in traffic, it's purpose is to plant a massive grin on your face! Obviously the brakes are hugely powerful with vented and cross-drilled rotors and multi-piston, red painted calipers all around.

The car has probably never seen rain, so the underside is tidy with only a few scuffs that are all but inevitable with how low the car sits. The beautiful Ferrari optional three piece alloys rims were an $1.800 option back in 2002 and are in great condition. Today a set of those rims sells for $5,000 to $6,000! 215/45/18 front and 275/40/18 rear Michelin tires are fitted, and have only 5,000 miles on them.

So what does the car need to be perfect? Well only a couple of very minor things . The car could use new floor mats and a new passenger side speaker. Also the rear right rim wheel has some scratches on the inside of the rim from an attempted removal before I got the car; however this is not curb rash or dents. There is also very very slight dash shrinkage around the vents, and a small strech in front of the wiper sensor, but is mostly unnoticeable. Unfortunately the car came to me with one key, no books or tools. If it is essential to have 3 keys and full books and tools, I can source them for you at an additional cost of $3,000 to the sales price.

So why am I selling? Well I want to upgrade to a Ferrari 458 plain and simple. The car is priced very very reasonably, and I believe to be the best red/tan Ferrari 360 Spider, manual transmission, non garage queen car available in the U.S. I've said it several times...TURN KEY!

Let’s recap the important stuff: low mileage (1000 miles/year), quintessential Ferrari colors, full up-to-date comprehensive service and most of all 6 speed manual gearbox! This one is for real. No stories! Summer is coming!

Additional pics and videos on my Instagram channel @ supercarsean

PPIs are highly welcomed and encouraged. You will not be disappointed! Please do not hesitate to ask any questions that you may have.

No trades of any type, so please do not offer as I am not interested. Buyer responsible for shipping and pickup. I recommend Reliable Car Carriers or Black Horse Car Carriers. Car is being sold As-Is with no warranty. The car is currently shows as a lease as the I use exotic car leasing companies such as Putnam to buy all of my exotics. All payments will be made direct to the leasing company who will send you the title and transfer of ownership immediately.

$104.995 OBO
    Contact Sean 610-420-4319
    [email protected]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

anunakki likes this.
  2. Eric360

Eric360 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Wow, what a gorgeous car! Sounds and looks perfect! GLWS.

3. eswilly

eswilly Karting

Jan 16, 2015
    My oh my. That’s the stuff day dreams are made of.
    GLWS!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Justicepool

Justicepool Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2019
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John L.
    Beautiful car! Surprised at only 1 key and no books.

5. ferraristyle1

Aug 2, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    #6 ferraristyle1, Apr 24, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    That's the way I bought it. If you have been around here for a while, you will know that the keys and codes can easily be sourced here for $900 and the books off of ebay, so it's really a non issue. However if you are interested in the car, let me know and I'll knock $1000 off to cover the cost of the replacement keys and put you in touch with the folks that handle this. They are here on Fchat and very well respected for their craft.

Kindly consider though that the car is 17 years old, things like keys get lost or misplaced and books are usually taken out and sold after the car.

anunakki likes this.
  6. Justicepool

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2019
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John L.
  7. Justicepool

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2019
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John L.
    Message sent

anunakki likes this.
  8. ferraristyle1

Aug 2, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
  9. Justicepool

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2019
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John L.
  10. Bcutrupi

Bcutrupi Karting

Jun 22, 2013
    Colts Neck, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Cutrupi
    Very well written ad. Beautiful car. GLWS

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Justicepool likes this.
  11. Bcutrupi

Bcutrupi Karting

Jun 22, 2013
    Colts Neck, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Cutrupi
    Congrats

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

12. warock3

warock3 Rookie

Dec 27, 2011
    newnan, ga
    Full Name:
    william roquemore
    Did this car sell?

13. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Pukin Dogs F-4B Phantom II. Nice car.

14. Justicepool

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2019
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John L.

Yes, I purchased it last spring.

15. Manda racing

Manda racing Formula 3

Feb 25, 2015
    Bakersfield, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mark
    It still says for sale

16. Justicepool

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2019
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John L.
    Not my fault that Sean hasn't updated the listing, but I bought the car the end of April 2019.