2003 shocker/damper factory setting? | FerrariChat

2003 shocker/damper factory setting?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by F456M, Oct 4, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Hi everyone. I just bought a 2003 Maserato Coupe Cambiocorsa. According to its service history (from Shelton Maserati in Ft. Lauderdale), the car was lowered 2,5 cm "for track use". I just read somewhare that the way the car is lowered, is simply by adjusting the coil overs so the spring has less tention, which makes the car sit lower. The problem is that with less spring tention, the shockers bottoms more easily. My car has this problem, and I want to adjust the shocks to factory settings. Please help! What is the setting? And how do I do it? Thank you very much.

The two pictures also show the car with the original chromed rims, now powercoat painted back to normal silver metallic, whinc maked the color of the paint look more bright. I like it a lot more now with silver rims!

Erik

Attached Files:

2. Tony H

Tony H Karting

Sep 3, 2013
    Ride heights ground to lower wishbone inner joint at the center of the bolt:
    Coupe/Spyder 2002: Front 177 mm, Rear 188 mm
    Coupe/Spyder 2003-2006: Front 162 mm, Rear 180 mm
    GS: Front 152 mm, Rear 170 mm

MEASURE RIDE HEIGHT
    FRONT
    • WITH VEHICLE ON A LEVEL SURFACE. FUEL TANK FULL.
    • 165lbs. OF BALLAST ON EACH FRONT SEAT.
    • TIRE PRESSURES SET TO SPEC. ALL TIRES W/ SAME
    TREAD AND EVEN WEAR.
    • MEASURE FROM THE FRONT OF THE REAR LOWER
    CONTROL ARM MOUNTING BOLT CENTERLINE TO THE
    FLOOR (BOTTOM OF TIRE).

REAR
    • SAME PREPERATIONS AS THE FRONT.
    • MEASURE FROM THE REAR OF THE REAR LOWER
    CONTROL ARM MOUNTING

3. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Thanks alot! What tool are needed?

4. Tony H

Tony H Karting

Sep 3, 2013
    https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/otc-4792/overview/

This is for Skyhook cars only. You have to take the front shocks out to adjust but you might be able to do the rears in place. You have to unload the nut with spring compressors and full shock extension. There's a rubber ring below the spring and above the nut that binds, all that ### Maserati had to do was put a ring/washer above the nut and adjustment would be real easy.