2004 Atlanta Italian Car Day (ICD) Sat Oct 2nd | FerrariChat

2004 Atlanta Italian Car Day (ICD) Sat Oct 2nd

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by www.PanteraPlace.com, Aug 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. www.PanteraPlace.com

Nov 1, 2003
    The 2004 Atlanta Italian Car Day (ICD) will be held Saturday, October 2nd on the grounds surrounding Kurt's Restaurant, 4225 River Green Parkway, Duluth, Georgia 30096. Duluth is about a 30 minute drive north of Atlanta. http://www.kurtsrestaurant.com/

The event time is 10 AM to 3 PM. Kurt's Restaurant will cater the event and will be open during these hours to exclusively serve the ICD event. The club will offer bottled water & soda for a nominal fee.

All Italian vehicle owners will pay an admission fee of $15. to enter their car in order to pay for trophies and event costs. The lunch meal cost will be separate from the vehicle admission fee. The public is welcome.

All marques will compete for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophies in their respective marque. Each registered owner will vote for one car in each of the marques. The 1st, 2nd and 3rd place awards will be determine by the number of votes for each car. Several other awards will be given including best modified and "Best of Show." Raffle prizes will be awarded similar to past years.

A professional photographer will be on hand to record the event and take a photo of each car. (There is no obligation to buy a photo.)

I have the information and registration page setup on www.PanteraPlace.com for the 2004 Atlanta Italian Car Day. If you plan to attend please pre-register.

I went out to the new venue today and it looks wonderful. It is really outstanding with more than 200 parking spaces available for show cars plus separate and nearby spectator parking.

Mike

2. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Hmm. I may be incredibly jet lagged, but I should be in the states that day. Karen will be getting to the US about two weeks before me. If the cars are ready, we may make it over for the day...

3. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Sorry, can't make it. Looks like I'll probably be playing with 0846 and 002C that day.

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Only 25 cars pre-registered so far. Hop to it, people!

And remember, they don't have to be exotics. Fiats, Alfas, Lancias--if they're Italian, there'll be a place for them.

And Italian motorcycles are welcome, too. Benellis, Moto Guzzis, Laverdas, Ducatis, even scooters like Vespas and Lambrettas--all are welcome.

5. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    All Italian is just that..

Please, please for the sake of the show don't try to bring in a Bitter SC, rebodied Miata or heaven forbid, an NSX.

Space will be there for an all Italian show. If anyother make comes, they'll be shooed away politely.

Tho it's officially a public show, it's really set up for the owners of these cars and all accomadations are for them first and foremost. Accompanying spectators are always welcome i.e family and friends, but we will not be setup to accept "street" traffic. We don't want to police children dropping ice cream cones and putting hand prints on cars, and dogs lifting their legs on fine Italian wheels.

This is a first for us to have the show at Kurts this year. We hope it will be the best one yet.

Please understand that if you come to the show, plan to be "in" the show. Just coming for an hour or so is really an inconvenience in the setting up of the show and co-ordination of the parking and photo shoot. We plan to have some off location, but nearby, parking for those who want to see the show but not participate, and we really do appreciate participation as that is what the reason this show exists.

Jeff Davison
    on behalf of F.L.U.

6. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Ok everyone, the First Redeemer show was terrific. Lets now draw our attention to Italian Car Day on Oct 2nd, its right around the corner!! ICD just gets better and better each year. No worries about parking, there is plenty of room at Kurt's. I cannot wait, I just hope we have the same weather as we had for the First Redeemer show. See you all there!

7. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Looking for volunteers to help with the show. Parking, raffle tickets, etc..

We have some people from the Alfa, Pantera and Fiat clubs to lend a hand.
    Since John Delvac has gone M.I.A. we need people from the Ferrari side of things.

Please contact John Montgomery if you can lend a hand.

(864)304-6537

8. Zupra

Zupra F1 Rookie

Mar 31, 2004
    St Louis
    Full Name:
    Chesney
    Raffle tickets? you mean there is a raffle game?

9. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Hello Everyone,

Italian Car Day is right around the corner, so here is one more reminder..
    Sorry if you have already received it.

We could use some volunteer help parking cars or working the raffle &
    lunch ticket sales desk. Please let me know if you can help for one hour
    or so.

I will be there by 7:30 AM Saturday, October 2nd to get set up. We will
    also be there Friday evening to set up the tent and hang some banners. Any
    help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!
    John Montgomery
    864-304-6537

Atlanta’s 8th Annual Italian Car Day!

Date: Saturday, Oct. 2nd, 2004, 10 AM to 3 PM.
    Registration fee $15/car (lunch not included).
    All registration is at the door like last year:

Place: Kurt’s Restaurant, 4225 River Green Parkway, Duluth, GA 30096
    (770-623-4128)
    The event site is in north Atlanta in Duluth GA off Peachtree Industrial
    Boulevard.
    Show officially starts at 10 AM. First come, first served at registration
    and on the field.

Directions: From Atlanta:

Take I-85 North outside the Perimeter to Exit 104, Pleasant Hill

Turn left and go 4 1/2 miles to Peachtree Industrial Blvd. Right on
    Peachtree Industrial, go to second traffic Light (River Green Parkway) Left into River Green behind AGCO.

From I-285:

take Exit 31, Peachtree Industrial north 12 miles outside the Perimeter. The road forks half way through, stay to the right, stay on Peachtree Industrial.

After 12 miles you will cross Pleasant Hill. Go to second traffic light, make left
    to River Green Parkway, the second building on the right.

EACH REGISTRATION INCLUDES:

DASH DISPLAY CARD (numbered for voting)
    ONE OFFICIAL VOTING BALLOT
    ONE RAFFLE TICKET for door prizes donated by vendors.

Registered vehicles are eligible for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place "Owner's Choice" Trophy for their registered marque class plus the coveted "Best of Show" award. Italian Motorcycles have their own class.

LUNCH! Enjoy Kurt’s fine Italian Buffet served at noon. $12 adult, $6
    children No reservations required. http://www.kurtsrestaurant.com/

Raffle tickets sold at the event for $1 each. Drawings at the show.
    Visitors may buy raffle tickets. New sponsors welcome.

More Information at: http://www.panteraplace.com/

Let us know you intend to display your car this year! See pre-registration
    form at http://www.panteraplace.com/

(Rain Date: Sunday, Oct. 3rd, 2004 10AM to 3PM)

10. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    John,

My wife Cyndi will be coming with me, and she won't mind working the raffle tickets or registration for an hour or so, we will both be there early to set up anyway, let us know if you want her to help....

Stephane Pedaggi
    Scaledetails

11. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    The Kurt's Restaurant website has directions that would have you take Pleasant Hill Road, which is usually a mess in the Gwinnett Place area. Here is an alternative which I used for the last Kurt's show back in May. It is a lot nicer, if a bit longer:

On I-85 north, take Exit 108 to Sugarloaf Parkway. Turn right and stay on Sugarloaf until it ends at Peachtree Industrial Boulevard. Turn left and continue on Peachtree Industrial for about 2-3/4 miles. After crossing GA-120, the next right turn will be River Green Pkwy. Turn in and watch for the sign to Kurt's.

12. Alex_Grim

Alex_Grim Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I just got an Alfa Gtv6 and I was wondering if the condition of the cars have to be excellent? It is a silver car that some one put a cheap paint job on and it is sort of chalky. The rest of the car is great just the paint needs to be redone. Would this be ok to bring and put into the show?

13. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002

ANY GTV6 is a cool car, I love how that 3.0 V6 howls! Screw the paint.... bring it!

Terry

14. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    any condition cars are welcome if they are Italian. We may even have a "Most Challanged" award :)

JD

15. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    I have always wanted a GTV6!! Love those cars! Bring it!!

16. Alex_Grim

Alex_Grim Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Thanks for the response. I'm glad to know condition is welcome. I'll plan on comming Friday evening to help set up. Could you please give me an idea of the time that everyone will start to set up on Friday.

17. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    John Montgomery and I will be ther Friday PM. We'll also get there around 7:30 - 8:00 AM to set up tables, registration etc... Show won't open till opening time, but probably some will show up early.

Jeff

18. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    GENTLEMEN,

START YOUR DETAILING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I just got back and I had a great time. I even won a raffle prize!

I'd say there were about 25 Ferraris, though not all were there at the same time. For those of you who were at the May show at Kurt's, we were parked in the same area--but Ferraris exclusively this time--and there was just about enough room.

With the exception of the Berlinetta Boxer (where were you, Frank?) and the 456, all models from the last 30 years had at least one car on hand. (Though in the case of the Maranello, it was a 575 for sale by FoA.)

There were several cars from the vintage era as well, and the three Borrani-equipped cars wound up with the three prizes as picked by the attendees: a 250 GTE (first), a 365 GT 2+2 (second) and a 365 GTB/4 Daytona (third). This era was also represented by a short-nose 275 GTB.

A gorgeous 1959 Alfa Romeo spyder won Best in Show. Other cars that struck my fancy were a couple of nice Maserati Ghiblis, a purple Lamborghini Urraco, a four-door Iso Rivolta S4, and a road-going Ford GT40! (Yes, a few non-Italians showed up.) I didn't hear who won the motorcycle prize, but I favored a beautiful Benelli.

I'll have some photos to post by midweek but I'll bet some of you digital camera guys will beat me to the punch. Oh yes, the buffet lunch was pretty good as well.

20. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Many thanks to those who came out to the show. It was a good one with a bit more sponsor participation than last year. Thanks to Flashback, Ferrari of Atlanta, Lamborghini of Atlanta, T.Rutlands, Scale Details (Great to finnaly meet you Stepane and Cindy, and what a fantasic model of the Testarossa you brought - should have entered it in the show!), and many more. Without them the show would not have been possible.

Appologies to some of the spectators for the minor inconvenience of off site parking. It seems the people who were holding the bicycle event on River Green Drive played with some of our street signage.

Even tho the show was about 30 shy of last years turn out, the quality of the event was better with greatful thanks to Kurts for providing the venue and the excellent lunch for us this year. It was refreshing to be able to enjoy a beer or some wine, whereas the park district at Lake Lanier did not permit it.

I hope everyone enjoyed the show. The weather was perfect for the event. The cars were simply magnificent, as was the entusiasm that I saw in all of the participants faces.

Jeff Davison

21. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Thank you Jeff, and congrats on your Scorpion winning the class.....Thanks to everyone on a great show, it was a perfect day, thanks to John Montgomery, a job well done again....I look forward to next years' event!!.....

Stephane
    Scaledetails

22. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I regret that I couldn't be there, but I was helping my parents move from South Georgia up to their new home in the Cumming area. I'll be there next year though!

23. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Staphane, thanks for the gradulations, but I took 2nd in Lnacia behind that Classic red, Fulvia Zagato...and alas, my 355 got lost in the sea of Rossa Barchetta.

Frank, It wasn't the same without you!, in fact if you don't commit to the show in the next 48 hours, we won't be holding it.....j/k...... you were missed.

JD

24. Alex_Grim

Alex_Grim Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Alex
    It was a great turn out and a great time. Thanks to everyone that put it on it couldn't have happened with out y'all. Does any body know when any pictures maybe posted? Either on this thread or on Pantera place?

25. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Well, since no one else has posted photos, I might as well post some of mine. Ironically, this batch doesn't have Ferraris in it!