For Sale - 2004 Ferrari Challenge Stradale 360CS | FerrariChat

For Sale 2004 Ferrari Challenge Stradale 360CS

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by achilles99, May 26, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. achilles99

achilles99 Karting

Sep 26, 2004
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    LT
    Asking $189k, but extremely flexible since I've got a new one coming in.

24,600 miles

- Major service completed last year, plenty of clutch life left.
    - Clear bra on entire car (every painted surface)

Selling to make room for a new Ferrari, wife says one has to go out before another one comes in. I absolutely love this car, but I have to scratch the itch for a new one. I am currently extremely flexible in price because I have a great deal lined up on a new car. Feel free to make an offer.

It's currently for sell on consignment through a friend's dealership, so you are welcome to buy directly from me or through him. Serviced at Ferrari of Atlanta, they can vouch for how clean the car is. Clean title in hand.

http://www.atlexotics.com/ferrari-360-challenge-stradale

2. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Aftermarket stripe?

3. achilles99

achilles99 Karting

Sep 26, 2004
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    LT
    Yes, I believe so. I had a full clear bra put on before accepting delivery and it feels like there is a transition.

4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    It's listed as aftermarket stripe on challenge-stradale.com. Here is some more info on it from there:

Rosso scuderia is gorgeous. GLWS.

5. PVEferrari

PVEferrari Formula Junior

From looking at the pics alone, it's an aftermarket stripe.

6. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Beautiful car!

7. achilles99

achilles99 Karting

Sep 26, 2004
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    LT
    Thought I'd publicly answer some questions that I've received over DM:

1) I own the car, title in hand.
    2) I'm selling it because my wife says one has to go before another comes in. I made the mistake of buying one too many, putting her car outside. Not a mistake I'll make again. I have about 10 cars, so she's being fairly reasonable I think.
    3) Why is the CS being sold? To be honest, it's the one car in my collection that I think I'll be able to buy back later. The others are too rare for me to replace easily. Whoever buys this car, I'd like the opportunity to buy it back when and if you sell it. I love driving it... but I have to scratch the itch on a different car for a few months. I usually keep a car less than 6 months. I've had this for nearly two years. That should tell you how much I love it. Nothing comes close to it in terms of drivability, timeless looks, etc. in this price range.
    4) Clutch life showed as 99% remaining less than 1,000 miles ago when I had the major service done. I drive it very smoothly, so I wouldn't be surprised if the clutch shows the same wear today. You are more than welcome to have a clutch snap/PPI done at Ferrari of Atlanta. Those guys know how well I take care of my cars.
    5) How flexible am I in pricing? Well, worst case I would put it in storage before selling it for too low. I'm getting a good deal on my next car, so I'm transferring some of that savings to a lower price on this one. I'd rather this go to someone who will drive it like I did, rather than trading it in. But, I'm not in a financial bind so I do not HAVE to trade it in. Your offer will have to be at or above trade-in value for me to consider it.

8. Dbacr

Dbacr Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 1, 2015
    Ft lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Lovely. Had I not purchased mine a couple months ago, I’d be all over it. GLWS.

9. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Great pictures. Identical to mine and I’m in Atlanta too. I thought I was the only one.

10. achilles99

achilles99 Karting

Sep 26, 2004
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    LT
    Jason, my friend has one in Atlanta too so that’s at least three of us. I’m looking at picking up a plane, we probably shouldn’t meet up :)

11. FlatRed

FlatRed Rookie

May 10, 2009
    Does the Alcantara wear down like that on all of them?

12. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Haha. True. But I can help you on the airplane front. Shoot me a pm. I love airplanes and know the market.

13. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    No they don't all look like that. That is pretty easy to class up though. I am a little surprised it looks like that myself. However with that said half an hour & a knowledgable application of effort & you would not be able to tell it ever looked worn. Simple and all done by hand.

14. achilles99

achilles99 Karting

Sep 26, 2004
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    LT
    Yeah, that was on me. I heard a shoe brush and water would work to fluff it up... it doesn’t. It just clumped it up. At least not the brush I had. Honestly, it didn’t bother me enough to go beyond my initial attempt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael B likes this.
  15. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Good to hear...honestly I had some pause due to the Alcantara by the vents.

16. Johnny5alive

Johnny5alive Rookie

May 25, 2019
    I’m interested in talking this over with you. I don’t have DM rights yet I think. Can’t seem to find that button.

I’m a multiple Porsche owner and looking at my first Ferrari purchase.

17. JPMD

JPMD Karting

Jan 17, 2016
    FL
    Full Name:
    John
    You will not be disappointed.

18. achilles99

achilles99 Karting

Sep 26, 2004
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    LT
    Are you on rennlist? DM me there (same name), don’t really want to post contact info publicly. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Johnny5alive

Johnny5alive Rookie

May 25, 2019
    Yes. Check your DM

20. achilles99

achilles99 Karting

Sep 26, 2004
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    LT
    Got it, DM'd you my number to discuss.

21. JKLIVIN

JKLIVIN Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 4, 2013
    Can’t figure out how to DM you.
    Call/text my iPhone 858-454-9898
    Rader
    La Jolla, CA 92037

22. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Click on achilles99 then click on 'start a conversation'...

23. achilles99

achilles99 Karting

Sep 26, 2004
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    LT
    @JKLIVIN I just texted you, consider deleting your phone number from this thread to prevent spam. Thanks!