2004 Nero/Cuoio 575 w FHP & Fabio headers 138474 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

2004 Nero/Cuoio 575 w FHP & Fabio headers 138474

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Ferrari55whoa, Dec 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
  2. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    The best invest you can do for your 550.

Daniel

F456M likes this.
  3. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
  4. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    @Jon Von Bon I think your silver rocket 550 is one of maybe the 5 most “special” and with Fabios set up maybe 1st or 2nd position?

For me and some of the guys that have not paid close enough attention can you run us through the options? I was thinking you had the MSW cruise control and a bunch if not all the goodies?

5. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    #55 Jon Von Bon, Feb 3, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    Once owned (and tracked) by the great “fat billybob”. It is the base model 550 with the add ons you mention. A few other goodies and I am glad that I bought it. I posted the delivery pics of the artisans fine exhaust metal work for the benefit of the group and to see how it arrives. Fab is a total class act but I think that he should buy ad time here on F Chat as he gets a lot of kudos here and it would serve him and the community to do so.
    If you wish, I can post up the exhaust in the boxes as he packages it beautifully I can also post up it installed and working when I finish it this winter.
    Congrats Joe in the 575. I spoke to the owner as I was very close to buy it.
    The marrenello is a beautiful and super classy/capable machine. Enjoy in good health.

all the best.

Qksilver likes this.
  6. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thank you, Jeff! I remember when you bought FBBs silver car. I would love to see a chronicle of your exhaust install.

Does anybody know what an annual sponsorship costs?

7. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Our italian friend and the moderators had a falling out of sorts.

Might want to talk or message with him privately on instagram or other.

He has been very helpful generally and in our brief conversation regarding the forum he was "appropriate/professional".

I have my own sense of outcome of him returning as a sponsor given my conversations with him. His product is functional but also fine-art and is priced as a reflection. Given price vs volume, I'm not sure sponsorship would pencil out?

Just one guys 2-cents.

8. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Yes, I'm aware, although it seems like Fabio and the moderators both seem open to a solution if one could be reached. My perspective is that this has proven difficult because communication across the line has been cut off. Terry and others have talked with Fabio about this, Rob has talked to the group about this, but it seems like nobody has actually made an offer to resolve and move on so we can all be one big happy FChat Family. I ask how much a sponsorship is because I wonder how many here would contribute to defray the cost for Fabio so he can rejoin, contribute to the community, and benefit for the incredible work he has done to provide us with the greatest single thing one can do for these cars. I have corresponded a lot with Fabio in the last month and he is a genuinely good guy, as others have said, and I think his passion, knowledge, and product investment deserve the opportunity to pay him back.

Mirek likes this.
  9. NE550

NE550 Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Fabio builds some of the finest exhausts available anywhere for our cars. They are truly works of art, and he is a prince of a guy.

My son and I spent an afternoon with him during our Oct 2019 Ferrari factory tour trip. He showed us his shop, we got a ride in his brutally fast 575M (equipped with his full exhaust, of course) and we had a lovely seaside lunch at La Taverna di Pescatore in Cervia. He is just a terrific person and I count him as a good friend.

Perhaps someday the FC powers that be will see fit to allow him back on. Regardless, he's getting quite a bit of referral business based on recommendations from his highly satisfied customers around the globe. And the Car Fix show 575M install wasn't a bad endorsement, either.

10. docapl

docapl Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Does the Fabio 575M header system lead to CELs? I love the sound of this system. I currently have straight center pipes and Tubis and never experienced a CEL and don’t really want to go there as my prior 550 had chronic CEL issues. Thanks

11. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    No CEL.

Daniel

docapl likes this.
  12. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Jon, I believe I saw them last autumn.
    Are they 3D printed ?

Daniel

13. ifeelfree0

ifeelfree0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    Medina, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I have had one for 2 yrs and can’t seem to get the root cause identified. According to Fabio- I am the only one. Such select company

docapl likes this.
  14. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Fab 3 D modelled them.

I will head up to my shop and take pics of the inside of the boxes. And show you everything and how it’s packed. The primary Cats, headers and mufflers are a treat.

Qksilver likes this.
  15. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    My 575M does not have a CEL and has Fabio's headers, cats and connector pipe.

greg246, docapl and crinoid like this.
  16. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Same: Fabio's 6-1 catted, Fabio's H-pipe, Fabio's rear valved mufflers.

17. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    @Qksilver Joe, I'd have to check my notes (I've only really paid attention for US based cars).....but there are very few "full-front-to-back" fabio systems.

Here are some of my notes.....if there are others with his headers that would be interesting to know. I'm going to be interested also to see @white out feedback/thoughts when he posts up about switching his 575 headers to the 550 headers.

550's fewer than 575's
    +) I'm not sure if @Jon Von Bon keeps his 550 in Canada or Florida.....sounds like he will have a full system
    +) @niftyfivefifty has done a ton of iterations to find the perfect set up. I think he has all but the mufflers?

575's
    +) @Dm993tt 575 has headers and more but not sure how close to the full system? He has a youtube video of his yellow car.
    +) @tazandjan Terry has the full system on his 575
    +) @ifeelfree0 Dan has the full system on his 575?
    +) The LA based Red 575M GTO-Engineered converted to 6MT 575 has the whole system, not sure if the owner is here on the forum?

+) @white out 575 has a really cool non-fabio front-to-back custom set up

+) In Canada does @tres55 have the full system?
    +) In Germany does @DZ-96 have the full system (he has some youtube vids)?

I'm not tracking 599's but you should have Fabio make one for yours?

18. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Eric- My system has Fabio's headers, cats, and connector pipes with factory straight center pipes and Superamerica HGTC mufflers (different from 575M HGTC mufflers).

19. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Musings
    • curious what the catted/non-catted header distribution looks like
    • I thought the yellow car just had mufflers, but not certain
    • A relatively new poster here had UAG convert his 575 and Fabio's exhaust was part of the equation, I believe, but again, uncertain
    • Yes, Fabio SHOULD make a set of headers for the 599 :)
    Had no idea there was a difference. What are the particulars?

20. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    I have headers and cats only, your list isn't correct.

Then Fuchs straight pipes with a small connection left to right (I call it it X pipe light) and Fuchs mufflers.

The most important parts are the headers and cats.
    What you install after that, will not affect the type sound, more the loudness and the character, dirty or clean I would say.

Mine is dirty, the Fuchs parts are responsible for the character.
    Fabios 575 sounds more clean with his full setup.

I hope you understand what I mean with dirty and clean.

Daniel

Ferrari55whoa likes this.
  21. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel

Joe, do it !!!

The best you can do for you 599 GTB.
    I'm so lucky that I installed the 6-1 in my 599 GTB last Oktober, after I got the headers for the 550 in Oktober 2018.

Daniel

Ferrari55whoa likes this.
  22. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel