2005 360 spyder fuel smell/roll over valves | FerrariChat

2005 360 spyder fuel smell/roll over valves

Discussion in '360/430' started by Josh662, Jul 10, 2024.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Josh662

Josh662 Rookie

Jan 26, 2024
    Full Name:
    Josh Jorritsma
    Hi I have a 2005 Ferrari 360 spyder that has a slight fuel smell occasionally. I do not notice the smell when parked only when driving occasionally. I have checked all the normal suspect areas ( fuel pumps/ roll over valves, fuel lines etc) and have not found a visible leak. I am a motorcycle mechanic so I do have good mechanical knowledge. I do not have any engine lights either. With a scope I checked the roll over valves and they do not look cracked or look like they have been leaking but it is difficult to see all angles of them with out removing the convertible tub. I know everyone says you must remove the convertible roof to access the roll over valves but wondering if anyone has successfully changed/removed the roll over valves without removing the convertible top as it does look possible to lift the tray to access the with out removal. I know Ferrari and Ferrari techs will say it "must" be removed but I did see a thread that it can be do but it did not have details. Any advice would be appreciated to inspect the rollover valves and perhaps any advice on something I am missing for this fuel smell.
    Thanks

2. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

I was also told on here that the tub can be removed but no one ever posted how

3. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Mine occasionally will smell like gas too. It’s never consistent. And I’ve had the car in multiple times for services and it’s never been mentioned to me. I usually smell it after it been parked from a drive. I’ve always been curious as to why the techs would never mention it since they like to find stuff to fix all the time

4. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
  5. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
  6. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    BTW, before you get alarmed at those mods, take a look under the engine and you will also see two similar ports
    to allow oil changes without having to remove those 1003 bolts holding the bottom tray

Let's be realistic. At close to 25 years old and not exactly collectables,
    I haven't done it yet but may consider when the time comes.
    Just saying!

LorenzoR likes this.