Sold - 2005 F430 gated manual | FerrariChat

Sold 2005 F430 gated manual

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by skinnyd, Feb 24, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. skinnyd

skinnyd Rookie

Jan 23, 2006
    I am sadly looking to sell my 2005 F430 gated manual.
    It has approximately 17K miles and is in excellent condition, located in Dallas, TX.
    I have enjoyed it for the last year and half but its time for it to go to a new home.
    The car is stock and has always been serviced at Boardwalk Ferrari of Plano and all service records are available. The car has always been under Ferrari extended warranty since my purchase.
    Original color is silver. The car has been wrapped in pure white and is a sight to behold.
    As manual gated F430s are rare (I believe there were only about 1000 built), it is difficult to find comparable pricing. I would consider selling for around $165K but I am posting here to gauge interest.
    I will update with photos and more details soon.
    Thank you for your reading this.

2. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Since you are looking for feedback -

1. Pictures
    2. Options
    3. Never met anyone that liked buying a car with a wrap - EVERYONE assumes something is wrong with the paint.
    4. If you want maximum price - pay to unwrap it.

e_m_h, TheDiffuser, SRW_36 and 6 others like this.
  3. Oakes Detail

Oakes Detail Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2009
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Oakes Detail
    Agreed with @ASK328 in our own direct experience. Also, pictures as well - feel free to PM me too, may be interested.

4. socialpro1

socialpro1 Karting

Dec 6, 2017
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Alex
    In for some pictures as well (interior / exterior).

5. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Sorry you have to sell it, F430 sticks are very special cars and the last of the breed. Can't imagine having to sell my 360 stick.

I look forward to pics, and agree with the above that you should have the wrap removed for the sale. Silver is a can't-go-wrong color for any Ferrari.

TheDiffuser likes this.
  6. Metastable

Metastable Formula Junior

When wrapping it is a good idea to take detailed pics and video before wrapping and during the wrap..... Then people will know the car is in good shape under it.

7. skinnyd

skinnyd Rookie

Jan 23, 2006
    Appreciate all the replies and feedback,
    I am busy travelling so will probably not be able to post the pictures until next week.
    The car was wrapped because my preference was for a white manual F430 but I was not able to find one in over 2 years of searching.
    Had the car wrapped through the Ferrari dealership and unfortunately pictures pre wrap were not taken.
    To the best of my knowledge, there were zero problems with the paint, but I understand the concern and assumptions.
    I will definitely consider unwrapping the car (but I will get pictures as it is now first!)
    Thank you everyone for your helpful comments!

8. Charlie Hawkins

Feb 1, 2019
    Laguna Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Charlie Hawkins
    I would be interested in the car with the white wrap on it. Also looking for pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

mathewr likes this.
  9. RoadTo458

RoadTo458 Rookie

Sep 1, 2018
    Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Jack Road
    I was in the market for a gated 360 but a f430 gated should be fine as well. I live in Texas, 2 hrs from Dallas, and would be interested in pictures and closing on this opportunity.

Looking forward to pictures and service records.

10. Victorjz

Victorjz Rookie

Aug 20, 2018
    Full Name:
    Victor Zimmerman
    I live in Dallas and I am interested in the car. Please contact me at 214-648-5782. Thank you.

11. Victorjz

Victorjz Rookie

Aug 20, 2018
    Full Name:
    Victor Zimmerman
    Just noticed that I missed typed my # 214 649-5782 Victor

12. skinnyd

skinnyd Rookie

Jan 23, 2006
    Photos have been placed online.
    f430manual.smugmug.com
    I can email service records to anyone who wishes to see them.
    PM me for any more interest.

13. Metastable

Metastable Formula Junior

It does look very nice. I am surprised to not see more silver on the inside of the door ...... even between the body panels, it is hard to see silver. I only see it on the F430 on the mirrors.

How did they manage to hide that?

14. skinnyd

skinnyd Rookie

Jan 23, 2006
    Thanks. I think they did an amazing job with the wrap to the point where I believe it looks better than the original paint. The F430 silver on the mirror was a really nice touch - thats why I tried to show it in the photo.

15. LI2782

LI2782 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 19, 2010
    This is why some wraps cost 2k and some cost 40k. Obviously different materials like ‘chrome’ add cost, but there really is a significant difference in skill levels of wrappers

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  16. ferraricn

ferraricn Rookie

Mar 12, 2019
    Full Name:
    henry zhan
    I have an interest in your car, how can I reach out to you.

17. skinnyd

skinnyd Rookie

Jan 23, 2006
    You can reach me on my cell at 469 2784326

18. skinnyd

skinnyd Rookie

Jan 23, 2006
    bigeV10 and Fabate87 like this.
  19. Fabate87

Fabate87 Karting

Feb 16, 2014
    Chicago
    Paint and wrap both look good,was this always serviced by Ferrari?

20. skinnyd

skinnyd Rookie

Jan 23, 2006
    To the best of my knowledge, it was always serviced by Ferrari. For at least the last 10 years, it had been serviced at Boardwalk Ferrari in Plano (Dallas) same location. Wrap was done through Boardwalk Ferrari of Plano (Dallas)

one4torque likes this.
  21. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Any pictures of the interior?

22. skinnyd

skinnyd Rookie

Jan 23, 2006
    You can see pictures of the interior at f430manual.smugmug.com. Let me know if you have any issues, thanks.

23. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ok saw the interior, very nice and very clean, thank you.

24. Victorjz

Victorjz Rookie

Aug 20, 2018
    Full Name:
    Victor Zimmerman
    I had the opportunity to view and drive this car recently. It is a strong car in all respects and the paint appeared to be in excellent condition underneath the wrap I did not see chips in the front area hood etc. underneath the wrap. The interior is excellent ...no signs of wear. The clutch is strong, drives well. Everything is as it should be. I’m gravitating towards the F1 Transmission based on the money but for the buyer that wants a manual.......

25. skinnyd

skinnyd Rookie

Jan 23, 2006
    Hi guys! FYI Mike at Yellow Compass Supercars will be representing my car now. Feel free to give him a call at 973-610-7111. Thanks!