2006 F430 Alarm Question | FerrariChat

2006 F430 Alarm Question

Discussion in '360/430' started by jabramson, Aug 30, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jabramson

jabramson Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    We are getting conflicting answers to the following question. Can you set the alarm system to either "chirp" of not when opening and locking the doors on a 2006 F430? Is there a way to choose this feature? We have received both yes and no from various company stores. I'm almost positive ours did prior to having a radar detection system installed but when we got it back none was audible.

Any assistance in answering this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

2. Trent

Trent Formula 3

Dec 10, 2003
    Indialantic, FL
    Full Name:
    Trent
    My 06 spider does not chirp (thank goodness) but the parking lights blink and there is an audible thunk of the locking mechanism. I hate the chirp-arm alarms, only slightly less than the honk-arm alarms that sometimes scare the hell out of my kids in supermarket parking lots..

3. photonut

photonut F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 16, 2007
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Joel
    my '06 does not chirp.

4. jabramson

jabramson Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Your responses are appreciated. I usually get to my answers the quickest through this forum. I'm also not a fan of the chirping alarm feature other vehicles have.

5. John NY-Naples

John NY-Naples Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    New York
    My 05 does not chirp.

6. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    Mine 2005 does not chirp either it only blinks the blinkers. It does chirp if the rear hood is open and I lock the door.

7. jabramson

jabramson Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Seems to be the consensus that this alarm does not "chirp" when activated or deactivated unless something is not fully closed on the vehicle. Does anyone know if there is a setting where you can change it so that it does "chirp" when activated or deactivated like other earlier models as on the 360 and 355?

8. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
    That would be cool if there was a setting to change.

9. Trent

Trent Formula 3

Dec 10, 2003
    Indialantic, FL
    Full Name:
    Trent
    After my header install I reset the vehicle power using the master switch in the front trunk on the passenger side (LHD car). Now I get 4 chirps on UNLOCK and none on lock until after a 26 second delay.

Logic Table:
    ==========
    1. Lock and Unlock - no chirp
    2. Lock and let sit 26 seconds -> 4x chirps (alarm arming)
    3. Unlock after Alarm Arms -> 4x chirps

Video: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yQUes3zCdc[/ame]

a. lock then unlock (no chirps)
    b. lock and wait 26 seconds for alarm_arm (4x chirps at 26 seconds post lock)
    c. unlock (4x chirps)
    d. lock and unlock (no chirps)

Strange and funny; funny because I hate the chirps.

Yes I have verified that all doors and trunks are closed. I have driven the car 10+ times, behavior constant. Battery fully charged.

Nothing else has changed apart from the headers and exhaust brackets. Maybe the F430 only chirps on UNLOCK with Fabspeed headers installed?

10. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    #10 Moopz, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
    The alarm is impressive, though. My car had a slow leak in the passenger rear tire. When the towing agency came to take it to the dealership, the guy refilled the tire so that the rim wouldn't get damaged when it was backed out of the garage. With that slight change in attitude, the alarm went off (I keep it armed in my garage).

Trent, it must be the Fabspeed upgrade! My car didn't start chirping after I installed the exhaust brackets. :D

Jeff, was the chirping in Trent's video consistent with the chirping you had before your radar install?

11. John NY-Naples

John NY-Naples Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    New York
    This is to correct my prior response. I've had my '05 430 for almost a year, and the car never chirped when I lock or unlock the car. Just the rear tail lights would flash. Yesterday, for the first time, the car started to give be four or five short chirps when I lock and unlock the car. It doesn't bother me one way or the other, but very strange that the car just changes its behavior for no apparent reason.

12. alvav

alvav Karting

Apr 27, 2012
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Leonidas Vavougios

I think that the car may be telling you that the siren battery is about to give up the ghost. I believe that I've read something to this effect in the past. I may be wrong, though.

13. jabramson

jabramson Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Something is not fully latched or a sensor has failed.

14. bgmix

bgmix Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 1, 2009
    AZ|NYC|FL
    Full Name:
    Bob Giammarco
    Did you install new headers? Sorry, couldn't resist :)

15. ph12

ph12 Karting

Jun 28, 2015
    Los Angeles
    I was messing with my passenger door this weekend and this this problem appear. After looking into it here is my conclusion on what happened and it may help others

the locking mechanism in the passenger door tripped somehow so even when the passenger door is closed the car thinks its not closed all the way even though mechanically everything will seem fine. locks windows move up and down, everything.

the car basically has a 25 sec alarm delay and will arm itself after clicking lock as if the is door open. it will beep 4 times upon opening to warn you it was not locked all the way.

you just have to use the key to lock unlock the door or trip it manually (by moving the locking latch while the door is open) to trick the car back into normal door mode. the exact sequence to do so i can't determine b/c it was trial and error for me but its a combination of key unlock closing arming, etc.

i'm never gona operate the door out of sequence again b/c the locking mechanism is a bit sensitive and once its tripped out of sequence its hard to get it back to normal operation.

16. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
    06 Spider no chrip, Long flash of the lights is locked, short flash is unlocked.

17. mdwfa2001

mdwfa2001 Formula Junior

Apr 21, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    K
    actually contrary to what everyones saying on here...mine does chirp sometimes...and i love that chirp sound. Unfortunately, its very random. sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes happens after i reset the battery, sometimes it doesn't. There is no pattern it follows. At my most recent ride it did chirp. ..but it usually doesn't last long. I think you get the point. It's so sad that ferrari can't even get the alarm chirp right.wtf.

btw .there are no latches loose or anything not shut.

Again i think ferrari put i a good chirp on there...they should have made it standard without all these issues.

18. Pozzi blue

Pozzi blue Rookie

Apr 8, 2017
    I just had a similar situation after changing the battery. I put in the code for the radio and locked it and got the 4 chirps after 25 sec. After a while of this, I eventually went in to set the time above the steering wheel and played around with the other modes with the mode/set buttons and then it stopped chirping when I set the alarm. Other reasons could be the doors, trunk or engine compartments are open, but it should tell u that when u turn the key on the car to where u would start the engine

19. kiryu

kiryu Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2016
    Los Angeles
    07 spider no chirp

wow this is weird! ferrari mystique everyone is getting something different lol

20. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Not uncommon for alarm sirens to fail. If no chirps, good idea to test the alarm and make sure the siren is good.

21. StickBreitling

StickBreitling Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2012
    My F430 never chirped when I bought it. However, after getting the car back from servicing, I noticed that it started chirping when arming the alarm. I also noticed that the climate control was completely unresponsive, which is a pain as the windows fog up easily in wet weather.

After searching around the forums, I did an Italian reset. The climate control sprung back to life and the chirping disappeared and hasn't come back since. I figured that the dealership didn't leave the car in self learn mode long enough after servicing.

22. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    A chirp means something is wrong. The number of chirps is code for the particular issue. For example two chirps means one of the closures wasn't closed.

23. houtie123

houtie123 Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2007
    Cape Town, RSA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    correct.

From manual : Should the siren beep twice when you
    activate the alarm system, this means that
    one of the doors or the luggage/engine
    compartment lid is not perfectly closed and
    therefore is not protected by the perimeter
    surveillance.
    Check that the doors and lids are properly
    closed and close the open door or lid, then
    reactivate the alarm system

24. ShadowF430

ShadowF430 Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2017
    Portland
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Bringing this back, a tech was trying to figure out why the window lights stay on.... still do but after I left I lock car, walk away and 20ish seconds later....beep beep beep beep.... thanks to you guys,I THINK this was my order.
    1. Lock car with fob
    2. Unlock with fob
    3. Lock car with fob
    4. Unlock pass door with key(window rolls down but don't open door)
    5. Lock pass door with key
    6. Unlock drivers door with key (window down but don't open door)
    7. Lock drivers door with key
    8. Unlock with key and open door
    9. Close door and arm with fob

I think that was the order but for sure it was locking it then working passenger side to drivers side

25. DefunctNeurons

DefunctNeurons Formula Junior

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    Okay, not the OP but similar alarm chirp issue. 2006 F430 coupe - getting crazy number of chirps when locking and unlocking, plus occasional chirps after locking with flashing lights. Checked all door switches, seem okay. Battery pretty new and on tender. Any suggestions? Here’s a vid if it helps: Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app