2006 F430 Spider - VIN 147002 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2006 F430 Spider - VIN 147002

Discussion in '360/430' started by Joe_CT, Feb 20, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #26 Joe_CT, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I had the 3M Pro Shield clear bra applied to the rear quarter panels today. The whole front clip and rockers already had the clear bra on them.

There was a small scratch in the rear quarter panel when the car was delivered (I think it got there when the major was done pre-delivery). My detail guy got the scratch out with a combo of 1500, 2500, and 3000 grit sand paper. I had the clear bra applied to ensure no scratches get in the paint during future service on the car.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. elias1

elias1 Karting

Mar 21, 2015
    Congrats, i own an 07 same color,enjoy it.

3. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #28 Joe_CT, Dec 18, 2016
    Well the snow has hit the Northeast so the winter projects begin. The car got a full exterior detail yesterday and today I decided to deal with the sticky window switches and surround.

I pulled them out and figured I would try to clean them and if that was not successful, I would send them out to be done professionally.

I am happy to say with about three hours of work, a little scrubbing with Greased Lightening cleaner on a Griots Garage Scrubber Pad, a soft toothbrush, and lots of mechanics paper towels, everything cleaned up great.

4. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #29 Joe_CT, Jan 14, 2017
    I finally got all the right tools to get the oil and filter changed today. The undercarriage looked good with no leaks.

The font hex bolt was 10MM and the rear hex bolt was 19MM. I also had an old oil filter cap in the collection that fit the oil filter perfectly.

I tightened the oil filter to 30Nm as indicated. I tightened the front 10MM hex bolt to 25 ft/lbs and tightened the rear to 35 ft/lbs and all seemed to be in good order.

It took about 10.75 quarts to bring the oil up to the middle of the min/max holes on the dipstick.

I used the Ferrari oil filter and Valvoline 5W40 Fully Synthetic Oil.

5. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #30 Joe_CT, Jul 25, 2017
  6. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I had the best of intentions of driving the F430 Spider more this summer but work and family commitments got the best of my time. The weather is now turning colder and I got word the new 488 Spider is on the assembly line so by year end she will probably go back to Miller Motorcars on trade. I did get her out a few more times to the office and to Cars-N-Coffee so it looks like 3,850 miles is where my journey with her will end.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Kerwind likes this.
  7. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
  8. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    And the average has been maintained........

Do you intend to use the 488 ?

9. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    So I see my old F430 Spider was recently sold by Miller Motorcars. I hope the new owner will find this thread and keep it going.

10. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I miss this 430 Spider. I wonder where it ended up.