2006 Ferrari F430 Spider - Los Angeles CA - Must Sell | FerrariChat

2006 Ferrari F430 Spider - Los Angeles CA - Must Sell

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by zakiu, Nov 3, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zakiu

zakiu Rookie

Jul 31, 2016
    #1 zakiu, Nov 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2017
    I am selling a 2006 Ferrari F430 Spider w/ 37k miles on it. I thought I purchased this from a private individual, but he was less than honest about the car. When it arrived I found it was not the 2 owner garage kept vehicle that I was told, but a prior rental / HPDE rental vehicle. Due to an inability to register the car, among fiscal reasons, I need to sell it as I do not have the time or finances to take on repairing it. There is a prior ad for this vehicle on Fchat if you search for it.

2006 Ferrari F430 Spider F1
    37xxx Miles
    Red w/ Tan Interior
    Red stitching, piping, carpet.
    Carbon Interior Trim
    Wheels Refinished in "Graphite Gray"

Upon receipt, I took it in for a PPI and they found the following:

A/C Inoperative & not cold. Requires further diagnosis.
    Exhaust manifold is blown out.
    The front convertible top gasket is torn. (they estimated 2 hours + 895 in parts).
    The clutch wear is showing at 100% and the throwout bearing has seal leakage.
    The coolant is low and the pH is bad.
    The oil was a quart low, but they added a quart.
    Top has a hole in it, on the left rear panel. It is minor and I do not know if it leaks.
    All four rotors are done and the pads are low.
    The ball joints are torn (joints may also be worn) Suspension is sloppy.
    The engine crossframe member is missing (lower hardware).
    Left and right inner CV boots are blown out.
    Valve cover gasket is leaking.
    Clutch hydraulic bleed block needs to be updated. estimated 2.5 hours and $100
    Wiper blades need replacement.
    Some hardware is missing from the engine bay panels.
    The valve cover heatshields on both banks are broken.
    It had Autolite spark plugs and I had them replaced with proper NGK plugs.
    Front passenger wheel is bent. It has a slow leak.
    The Check Engine Light is on. It needs a new o2 sensor once the headers are replaced.

The interior leather is not in good shape. The driver's seat has been repaired.
    The headlight shows signs of past condensation inside. I suspect due to a prior repair.
    The truck latch pops open at speed once in a while.
    The rear quarter and rear decklid seem to have an irregular gap.
    Many of the tools / toolkit are missing, including the battery tender.

The Suspension Malfunction, EDIFF Malfunction, and Drive Mode Malfunction lights cycle. Codes:
    Magnetic Valve Connection
    Pressure Difference Control
    Vehicle coding incomplete
    Left Front Body Acceleration Sensor
    Ambient Air Temp Sensor - Bank 2
    Fuel Level Sensor B Circuit
    Altered Lambda Signal/Blocked on Rich Water Bank 2
    Unknown Error (ATT)

Most of the typical F430 common wear items are in fair to poor condition, such as the drivers seat bolster is worn from getting and out of the car (been redyed multiple times), the passenger airbag leather is starting to shrink and detach, the leather around the vents is receeding, the soft top has some creases, the rear plastic window is a little cloudy, there are some small rock chips on the front end, there is a touched up part of the rear quarter above the wheel, and there is a ~2"x.5" piece of clear coat missing from removing an old clear bra on the fender. It comes with 2 keys, partial maintenance records, and the manuals.

I understand that these are a lot of issues, and I am interested in selling it. That said, I would like to get as close to 90k as possible obo. I am reasonable and will listen to any offers and concerns.

I have some photos and I will take some more. If you search for the old thread, please keep in mind that those photos are from at least before 3/2016 if not earlier. I will post new photos soon.

2. zakiu

zakiu Rookie

Jul 31, 2016
  3. zakiu

zakiu Rookie

Jul 31, 2016
  4. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Jesus. GLWS ?

604Nick, rongotti and whatheheck like this.
  5. ricmat

ricmat Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    Good lord.. I remember precisely the old add - and your remarks afterwards.
    Sorry to hear this - good luck with your sale!

6. zakiu

zakiu Rookie

Jul 31, 2016
    Does anyone know how to edit an ad after more than 10 minutes? I need to update the OP to indicate further condition detail and correct typos / errors.

7. nickmb

nickmb Karting

Dec 11, 2013
    Austin,TX/SoCal
    Full Name:
    Nico
    Is the person who sold it to you , a member here?

I don't understand how none of these things were disclosed prior? Pretty big things to miss, even without a professional ppi

8. zakiu

zakiu Rookie

Jul 31, 2016
    I had the seller take it to Ferrari of Long Island for a PPI and FerrariLI stated the only thing it needed was an axle boot. You can take that however you want, but I'd like to avoid any discussion about the seller or prior owner at this time.

9. ricmat

ricmat Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    If they say the car is good - have you tried selling to them? (FerrariLI)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. shootermcgavin

Jul 10, 2016
    the real question is what car was actually taken in to FerrariLI to be inspected...

rongotti likes this.
  11. Gum12345

Gum12345 Karting

Jul 8, 2017
    USA
    Good luck. I remember the threads but didn't want to add fuel to the fire by chiming in. Unfortunately, seems like a lot of people owe u apologies

12. ricmat

ricmat Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    Find these unbelievable. All public here - but previous seller member with 2/3k posts. Lots of people vouching for him. Hasn’t been active since sale

13. JayEff

JayEff Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    John
    To me the real question is, what is the car actually worth now, as it is? Regardless of what happened in the past, the car is now in a certain condition. Is that value what the asking price is, or close to it? Certainly it would be a lot of work to fix, and there is some uncertainty attached to it which lowers the value further than maybe the obvious repairs would suggest, but there are people out there with the inclination to do so, given the right price of course.

14. jcdeng

jcdeng Rookie

Aug 27, 2015
    Wow, just wow... newbie here and lurking the forum to learn more before I jump in. And I thought getting a dealer PPI is getting a peace of mind but not in this case.

15. Gum12345

Gum12345 Karting

Jul 8, 2017
    USA
    For someone who loves this community so much to have posted thousands times over the years, my guess is he is already back here under a different username.

I am in the process of buying my first exotic. Now I don't know what I need to do to have peace of mind except order a new car. And I have been dealing with FoLI.

16. RossoC360

RossoC360 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 20, 2008
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Did the dealer that did your PPI give you a quote on repairs?

17. zakiu

zakiu Rookie

Jul 31, 2016
    #18 zakiu, Nov 4, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    With all due respect, after the treatment received I received by members here when I brought my situation up, I prefer not to discuss this here. I received very little help from anyone and I received a lot of angry messages accusing me of starting fires because the previous owner has a lot of posts and I am new to fchat, despite my having been using online forums since 1999. How many posts he has had has nothing to do with his honesty. I am in contact with the buyer of his Maserati and his experience supports my own. I have plenty of evidence. I will not discuss this further. If you would like to, please create your own thread regarding this topic. Discussing the experience brings me a lot of stress and anger and I have been professionally advised to not do so.

If you have any doubts about my claims, you can search YouTube. Here are some videos I found of the car with the rare spec and modified wheels. The GranTurismo is in the second video, if you still had any doubts.

This is what I would like to focus on. Thank you JayEff. I started the asking price at 90k as that is what I ended up paying for it. The market will dictate its actual value. I expect someone who knows their way around a mechanics bay (possibly with one they can borrow) will be very interested in purchasing this car.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  18. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Wow what a bummer....wish u luck

19. zakiu

zakiu Rookie

Jul 31, 2016
    For some of the items, yes. However some of the items required further diagnosis and therefore do not have quotes. For example the A/C isn't working and requires further diagnosis. I threw in estimates on the unusual items above. Things like clutch, headers, valve cover gaskets, etc. are going to range in price depending on if you use Ferrari, an independent mechanic, or you repair it yourself.

20. RossoC360

RossoC360 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 20, 2008
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Jason
    It looks like to me the car was used as a rental for weddings and such and also in the "supercar driving experience" ?

21. RossoC360

RossoC360 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 20, 2008
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Jason
    If only the previous owner was as honest with you as you are trying to be now.

22. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
    Have you considered parting out the car? The sum of the parts may be worth more than your asking price. GLWS.

Jaguar36 and TAILWAG like this.
  23. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    What a situation!

24. zakiu

zakiu Rookie

Jul 31, 2016
    lol - no we haven't considered parting out the car, nor do we have the time and resources to do so. good thought though! maybe someone else will be up for it.