2006 Z06-- anyone driven one? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2006 Z06-- anyone driven one?

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by WarrenF355, Jul 4, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    I remember always enjoying the "cockpit" of the vette. I had an '87 (Red, of course) that I loved looking down the hood while driving. From the outside it might have looked like the front didn't offer much, but from the inside............

2. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Best looking car from the front is the Aston Martin DB9 and Vanquish. I didn't realize how nice the Z06's wheels are til I posted that pic.

3. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    I like the new C6/zo6. I havent driven one or anything yet. But it seriously looks good.

4. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    That Z06 looks way better to me. But that might just be coupe over vert bias.

5. C6Z06

C6Z06 Karting

Dec 4, 2004
    MI
    #30 C6Z06, Jul 10, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Lower the Z06 and put after market rims on it just like the Viper and then give an opinion. I have always admired Vipers, and have always thought that the GTS is one of the sexiest cars on the road, better looking than my C5 Z06 even lowered with a nice set of rims. But, when I saw a LB C6 Z06 in person, I must admit that this is one of the very few cars that I have seen that, in my eyes, looked even better than a GTS. And this is coming from huge GTS fan. The C6 Z in person looks incredible. Not sure if you guys know, but it is even wider than the Viper, standing 76.9" wide agianst the Vipers 76.2" width. (I believe these are the correct measuremetns. What I do know for sure is that the Z06 is .7" wider than the SRT-10)

Here is a look at what the Z will look like form the rear..And once seen in person it looks ever wider because you can see both of the rear fenders hoovering over the 325 meats, not just the left side like this pic.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    #31 JaguarXJ6, Jul 10, 2005
    Thats a total photochop.

Look at the tread. Its completely the same across like two big meats glued together!

Besides, no one owns black cars in AZ. I call BS!

:D :D :D

7. isellpower

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #32 isellpower, Jul 11, 2005

Now you're getting carried away. Did you really say the C6 looks better than a clown shoe? One of the guys on the alley has a signature that reads: A Vette wouldn't attract the attention of a Viper if it were on fire and surrounded by 2 fire trucks. You are also comparing width to the SRT10 Vert and not the coupe. The Z06 looks just like the plain old C6. As far as the pic with the wheels, here's a Copper Head with wheels much like those. Park that Z06 next to Javo's car and people would accidentally bump into it as they walk toward the Viper.

8. isellpower

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #33 isellpower, Jul 11, 2005
    I'm not even going to bother comparing the rears of the GTS to the C6, but here is a non Pchopped rear pic of Shank's Viper compared to the C6. No matter what Vette you're driving, if you see that fuel filter on the rear of the Viper turn off and save yourself the ass whipping. Is that two spare tires on the rear of the Vette? If not, why are they so skinny?

9. C6Z06

C6Z06 Karting

Dec 4, 2004
    MI
    Opinions are like a**holes, you know the rest. I can a 01 GTS with 7K miles for 49K. I can also get an SRT-10 for 65K with 3K miles. The new Z is more expensive than both. If I wanted a Viper, I would get a Viper..;)

Everyone has different taste, and I happen to like the Z better. Can't wait to get mine!

10. shiggins

shiggins Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    I drove both incarnations of the viper, thought they drove like trucks. I'm anxious to try the Z06 though.