2007 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2007 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano

Discussion in '612/599' started by CB427, Mar 30, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. phil the brit

phil the brit Formula 3

Jul 7, 2013
    Colchester+Clermont
    Full Name:
    Phil Taylor
    Freudian slip? .... Ferrari's glorious V12, deprived from the Enzo Think you mean derived!

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  2. Potenza430

Potenza430 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 26, 2012
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I had written down Part #261198 for the radio cover kit. They said the part cost $20 US.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  3. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Yes, very funny! Clearly a type-o...

(or was it?! ;) )

4. *599GTB*

*599GTB* Karting

Mar 15, 2016
    North West UK
    Full Name:
    SEG

5. trygve11

trygve11 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 20, 2008
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Jason Hagen
    I heard "chicks and shrinkage" for the 599. I guess I'll stick with my 612 which provides chicks, a back seat and no "shrinkage" problems!

;-)

6. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    612s shrink just like the rest of them if you leave them in the sun.

7. trygve11

trygve11 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 20, 2008
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Jason Hagen
    Hi Taz, I was just kidding! Yes, my dash pulling a bit around the defrost vents. Keep the Leatherique treatments frequent!

8. TODDZTR

TODDZTR Karting

Aug 26, 2004
    near toronto
    Full Name:
    TODD
    What about the 599 shock issues? Apparently they tend to leak with little use and can't be rebuilt, so aftermarket or new one's? That's one of the topics I've seen is common. I have no real world knowledge, just what I've seen on FCHAT. Would like to hear from real owners on this and also the F1 system and it's reliability?

Sent from my BBA100-1 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. johnmlow

johnmlow Rookie

Jul 14, 2017

Hi all, I own a 2007 599GTB, and was lucky enough to find one with less than 12000km on the clock. I absolutely agree with the above (Vito's post) which was extremely comprehensive. I should like to add that many front engined V-12's have deterioration of the fuel line covers, leading to a petrol smell in the cabin. This happened with my (previous) 575, and I have also had these changed on my 599 - it's worth changing the petrol pumps too, at the same time that the tank is being removed.

I think there are two schools of thought with regards to car ownership - if one plans to keep the car in the long term, one has the freedom to upgrade items such as I C E without worrying too much about keep everything "original"; also if ownership is long-term it makes sense to invest more $$$$ in preventative maintenance (like the fuel pumps above); one the other hand, if one only wants to re-sell after a couple of years, then yes, keep everything as original as possible. Either way, it is worth accepting that these are very high performance cars, and this performance comes with regular maintenance, but the rewards are surely there. I hope you will be able to find a great local service centre. Enjoy ;-)

10. CB427

CB427 Rookie

Mar 30, 2018
    Full Name:
    Don Tenerowicz
    Vito.......thanks for the info. Might you or someone be aware of anyone in the New England, NJ, NY, PA qualified to perform an inspection?

As a first time potential Ferrari owner, are there any other models/years that I should consider or avoid, with an automatic transmission. Use will be for street driving/cruising only.

11. nart

nart Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Univeral Autosports in Glen Cove, 516-801-8201, ask for Angelo.

Toddston likes this.