2007 Noble M400 -- 3200 miles | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2007 Noble M400 -- 3200 miles

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by pshep138, Sep 30, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    These are great cars. Has this ever been a CA car? If so, does it have an SB100?

2. pshep138

pshep138 Formula 3

Apr 20, 2013
    The Midwest
    No sir. It has been a Nebraska car since it was picked up from the assembler when new.

3. pshep138

pshep138 Formula 3

Apr 20, 2013
    The Midwest
    Very similar car just popped up on eBay, '07 M400 in the same color, highly modified with 8k miles for $69,900 OBO.

4. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    what car is that? my god it looks gorgeous

5. pshep138

pshep138 Formula 3

Apr 20, 2013
    The Midwest
    Begrudgingly, I have listed the car on eBay. 18 watchers within 48 hours of posting. Will be interesting to see if any offers come of it.

6. pshep138

pshep138 Formula 3

Apr 20, 2013
    The Midwest
    3,800 views here, 60+ watchers on the eBay auction, and still just getting lowball offers. :(

Starting to think it may be best to just re-list the car in spring.

7. pshep138

pshep138 Formula 3

Apr 20, 2013
    The Midwest
  8. secretcollector

secretcollector Karting

Aug 4, 2013
    The Motor City
    No skin in this game, just a suggestion - you have written about the many "lowball" offers you've received and it being on eBay. Perhaps just let the crowd here on Fchat (which is a serious buying crowd) know exactly your bottom line today and you might find the right guy?

9. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    Specialty product going to take a specific buyer. Be patient. It's not like selling a Boxster. There is either someone looking for one or not. Hard to sell someone into this car since it has such a narrow appeal. Personally it shows better in person so if you cannot attend venues to show it off, I'd suspend the offering. Either way, good luck. These are cool toys.

10. pshep138

pshep138 Formula 3

Apr 20, 2013
    The Midwest
    Good point.

To anyone on Fchat, 54 would buy the car today. That includes a professional detail. I do not believe you will be able to find a nicer example of an M400 for less money.

You are very right, the buyer will have to be someone looking for this exact car, or something very similar. And there is no issue with being available to show the car off... but there are very few opportunities to do so in the midwest in November.

11. pshep138

pshep138 Formula 3

Apr 20, 2013
    The Midwest
    *sigh* bump. eBay listing expires today. 100+ watchers.

12. Perkman87

Perkman87 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 23, 2010
    Ft. Lauderdale FL.
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Perque
    Price is right. Cant believe
    it is not gone yet.

13. ncjetskier

ncjetskier Formula 3

Jul 7, 2012
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Nice car, but where would you purchase repair parts for it or even maintenance items?

14. pshep138

pshep138 Formula 3

Apr 20, 2013
    The Midwest
    You can buy lots of the engine parts from your local Ford dealer to be totally honest. What you can't get from them, you can find pretty easily online. TurboHoses here in the US is a great resource for these cars.

15. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Great car. It has taken me a while to warm up to them but it definitely has a presence. I envision that I would like to have an Ultima GTR in the garage one day but I would try one of these first if it were available!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrUHqV7-txQ]Jorrik driving Noble M400!! - 1080p HD - YouTube[/ame]

16. pshep138

pshep138 Formula 3

Apr 20, 2013
    The Midwest
    Bump, a strange flurry of interest in the car over the weekend, but no one has shown up with cash.

Great car for someone for not a lot of money. $54k and will run with cars that cost twice as much.

17. pshep138

pshep138 Formula 3

Apr 20, 2013
    The Midwest
    Car is on local Craigslist now. Really trying to get it sold.

18. pshep138

pshep138 Formula 3

Apr 20, 2013
    The Midwest
    *crickets chirp*

19. pshep138

pshep138 Formula 3

Apr 20, 2013
    The Midwest
    A 25k mile M12 (older, slower version of the M400) was just listed in California at $49k.

Can't believe no one has jumped on this car yet.

20. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    My opinion means nothing in this matter since I'm a bit shy of being able to afford this as a personal toy. But man, I want to buy this car so bad...If I could sell my Mondial, MGA, and my TBird, I'd be on this so fast...Gorgeous, fast, wickedly fast, did I say fast? I love it. Just can't at this point. I hope someone steps up, they'll be super happy, THIS is bang for the buck (that's a Vette jab ;)

21. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    I agree--I've always loved Nobles...I'm just not in the market for any car for that price right now.

But damn...I love the thing (minus the wheels). Good luck with the sale. If anything here is a free bump.

22. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Personally, I suspect the reasons why this hasn't sold yet.....

Noble (now Rossion), has suffered some brand identity and viability as an ongoing business for many years. Dean left the company several years ago, and Ian left just recently. Those two guys were the backbone of the company, and the future of Rossion is now in the hands of some investors. I think the unknown about parts, repairs, and other facets of future ownership is spooky. Also, these cars are typically a 3rd car for people who already have something else. Add to that, these cars don't finance very well, and resale is hit or miss.

One of the things Rossion did that was smart, is they 'standardized' the build of the Rossion cars. Although the chassis is built in S. Africa, the build of the Noble's varied by who did the mating of engine and chassis. Some were good, others not so good.

I also think the $50k price point has changed a lot since these Noble's were built. Back then, a Ferrari or other exotic was much more expensive, and people bought these as track car alternatives. Now, however, fifty grand buys a lot of different things.

I looked at the Noble, and several other cars......I have a lot of cars, and the slot that the Noble was going to take was filled by a Lotus Elise, which I upgraded to a Lotus Exige S260 RGB recently. Yep, the future of Lotus is now also a bit spotty, but it seems the reliability, parts, resale, and other facets were a better choice, at least for me it was a better overall package.

This car will eventually sell..........but, it is either going to take a price drop to attract some people willing to take a chance (like me and I am sure several others), or someone that is specifically seeking a Noble and finds you.....

My unofficial, unscientific, and unverified thoughts........

:)

23. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I have an Ultima Can Am..... interested???

24. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    That must be interesting.
    "Will you take $5k CASH, today?"

I love these things ever since having some demonstration laps at Road America. The best part is that other than a wreck no damages are catastrophic so you can feel free to beat it like a rented mule.
    How is it to live with as a road car?

25. BoulderFCar

BoulderFCar F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Asheville, NC/Ft Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom
    i think that's a pretty fair summary. The price per smile ratio on this is amazing. I wonder about spares parts. For example, where would you source a windshield. I'm sure it can bus done but it's a hassle. At this price point though, it's kind of a what the heck proposition.