2008 auto show questions | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2008 auto show questions

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Carsleuth, Jan 7, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.

2. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    OMG!!!! ;)

3. Formula 1

Formula 1 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2005
    Group Hug :D

4. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
    Another reason why some people shouldn't be allowed to own Vaseline and a coat hanger at the same time while they are waiting for something to excite them. Skip and Frank you are in on this one too.

Norbert

5. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
    Andreas:

Monday the 11th is the only day that Carolyn is available to go with me that week to the show. Would that be a good day for you, and anyone else who may wish to meet up? Also, since we drive in from the burgs, we really like to leave before afternoon traffic if possible. What time were you considering for your arrival time at the show?

Norbert

6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Monday 11th sounds good. How about 3pm then?

7. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    :confused: ?

8. KTG

KTG Formula Junior

May 16, 2005
    Chicago,IL
    Its just funny that everyone wants to get into the Ferrari section at an Auto Show....There are many Ferrari dealers in the area open 6 days a week, where you could goto fondle a Ferrari...Everyone just wants to be in the ropes and pretend they are superior to the thousands of gawking hillbillies who came to see the latest Chevy products. Its just silly

9. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    The Scuderia isnt available yet at the dealers , nor are there any 599 sitting on the floor ( most are customer cars so its unlikely the dealer will let you seat in it..).

10. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Lighten up!
    Sooo sensitive......

11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    While it is nice to have access to the stand, the bigger thing for me is that at these shows you normally get to see cars the dealers don't have like the MC-12 or the F1 a few years ago. Aside from that I love to take pictures of Ferraris with different "sets": True by now I have tons of pics of most modern Ferraris, but taking them at a car show with all the glitz is a different thing.

A couple of years ago I managed a stop over in Paris for the sole purpose of going to the Ferrari booth. Took a cab back and for from the airport and visited only Ferrari, Maserati and Pininfarina. Last year I went to the LA show just to see the small hall with the exotics.

12. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Plus the Mercedes area has free food and drinks.

When I was in Detroit a couple of weekends ago for The Gallery event they were staffed with executives and designers from the various companies. I got to speak with one of the guys that worked on the Bio Fuel F430. That's not something you can do otherwise.

13. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
    Perhaps you should confine your inappropriate remarks to people you know who will tolerate you.

Norbert

14. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Jeeez!
    You really need to relax a little bit,no sense of humor at all.
    No need to be so touchy,there was nothing inappropriate in my original post that sooo offended your Holy Persona.....
    If you still think otherwise ,I truly and profusely apologize for "abusing your tolerance".

15. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
    ...."there was nothing inappropriate in my original post...." Strickly your opinion, and your now remark concerning my tolerance isn't appreciated either. Perhaps in the future you should just not reply if all you have to say has nothing to do with the thread.

As I said in my previous post, "Perhaps you should confine your inappropriate remarks to people you know who will tolerate you."

Norbert

16. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    the 11th is fine, what is that a Monday? I would prefer to meet on a day I don't have to skip school, but any excuse to is fine :)

17. KTG

KTG Formula Junior

May 16, 2005
    Chicago,IL
    I haven't been to the show in a few years, when I was there, it was always the standard cars from the dealer. If they are bringing new or exotic machines, thats different. I know there was an MC12 a year or so ago(That would be worth seeing). When Shell would bring exotics, they brought some amazing cars! I didn't get to go the year my fav. car, Bugatti EB110 was there. Hell, one year I got to touch the Nissan R390 GT1 "road car"(I thought it was jesus, so I touched it!). On the avg. the "World Largest Autoshow" has lost its pizazz to me, and maybe this is why I don't get enthused like others. Funny thing is I might go this year...So Audi R8 V12tdi here I come. :)

18. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    We plan on going and I agree on a slow day later in the afternoon. So pick one and I'll try to work my calendar around to join up with you all. Dinner and drinks after?

19. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    It has lost it's pizazz. Also, you won't be able to touch or get into the V12 TDI R8. It will be surrounded by ropes or something.

20. XJR-15 RACER

XJR-15 RACER Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2007
    Full Name:
    Mike K
    That's good enough for me, I can't even imagine seeing it in real life

21. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    I posted some pics that I took of it over in the NAIAS thread in the MI section. The grill is a bit much, but other than that it's sweet.

22. KTG

KTG Formula Junior

May 16, 2005
    Chicago,IL
    The last time I went to the show, the R8 was there as a concept car...It had a cardboard cutout for an engine! hahaha

23. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    lol..I never knew that. Well this will be a step up :)

24. carlagio

carlagio Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Carla G.
    So anyway......did we decide where and when and who all wants to meet?

25. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Norbert and I will be playing it by ear as it also depends somewhat on the weather for him. Hopefully around 3pm we can make it happen. PM me your cell phone and I can count you in. I'd think meeting at the Lambo booth would be appropriate.

PS: What's the scoop of your new avatar? A glimpse of things to come?