2008 Enzo + ? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

2008 Enzo + ?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by icemanbops, Oct 9, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Thanks for the clarification Mike and congratulations with the car!

Are you saying tool is a tool?

2. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Thanks for the detailed clarification Marcel.

3. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Man, you were not joking when you said business has been crazy! :D

Enjoy the car and stick around here. It would be great to see pics! Of the Veyron too.

Best,

4. F430Modena

F430Modena F1 Rookie

May 26, 2005
    Portugal
    Nice Bought the 401 Enzo Ehehe

I hope one day see that car in swiss roads :D

Regards

5. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    Please don't! The majority of people here know that you just want to share your experience.

6. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Congratulations on both the Enzo and Veyron.

It amazes me that some people come and pollute what started as a great thread by posting negative comments without knowing the full story.

7. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Mike, I hope you'll post pictures, and I hope you'll continue posting. I have a question, if you'll indulge me. If all of the components on the car are brand new, is it possible that Ferrari equipped this Enzo with the new F1 Superfast transmission? I think that would be interesting, and would be yet another example of why this car is different from the rest.

8. Baasha

Baasha Formula 3

Jun 20, 2004
    NorCal
    Congrats on the Enzo! Wow! Having 2 Enzos must be freakin awesome!! And to top it off, a Veyron as well. Definitely post some pictures of all three when you get a chance. As for the haters, just ignore them.

Marcel stated this car was crashed in CA and the 'driver was killed'?!? Was this the Steffan Eriksson Enzo that was crashed on PCH?? He didn't die if I remember correctly? Anyway, now the car is fully rebuilt and in the best color, black! :D

Mike, enjoy the cars in good health mate!

9. BAKY

BAKY Formula 3

May 23, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Bobby
    #59 BAKY, Oct 11, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
    DONT START ON ME NOW :)

I WUZ JUS BROWZIN THA BORED WILE MA WIFE WUS MILKIN THE COWZ....I JUS CALL'EM LIK I SEE'EM....

LET ME GO HOOK UP THE WAGON SO I CAN ENJOY THE NICE DAY! LOL.

***CAN SOMEONE PLEASE POST ONE OF THOSE "OWNED" CARDS FOR SSNISTER**

10. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    No it wasnt the PCH car. If I remember correctly it was a gentleman who wrecked it near his home and did die unfortunatly. Not sure if it hit a tree or something. Near Monterey?

Sorry for my poor memory but all the sad info about that crash is on this site somewhere.

EDIT: I wasnt too far off. I just found this link http://www.ferrarifaqs.com/another-ferrari-enzo-crash-one-victim-involved.html

11. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    So can someone please explain how if the car that was rebuilt and has the same VIN how it has become a "2008"? If you say buy a '69 Camaro that was wrecked, and totally replace it all, but keep the VIN it is still a '69. If anything you think you'd want it to still be a 2004. Won't it be hard to sell a "2008" Enzo when the time comes? Not being a dik, just wondering how this is possible....

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  12. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    #62 TOOLFAN, Oct 11, 2008

OK. I'm sure some are waiting for my response, well here goes. First off I meant you or car no disrespect and to think I did is rather odd. I did not call the car anything negative, nor would I. I personally think car is a very cool piece of history. I was sent those photos by the "original" owner sometime ago, and many of the assembly photos were posted on online at car sale sites. I didn't post the letter because I believe that to be over the line. I know the story of the car from a friend of mine who works in Italy, I will not share the story of the car because that is not my place I simply talked about the cars rebuild process. Its odd that some of the very same people asking me questions about the car are now turning around and sending me emails or posting negative statements about me. Talk about being bipolar. So I would like publicly apologize for offending you and I will not respond to any of other statements as I believe fighting online to not only be immature but idiotic. Negativity in this place will only create more negativity. Once again I am sorry for hurting your feelings if I did, that was not my hope or intent in anyway.

Have a good day

13. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    It's a tragic story. And the picture I have of the Enzo engulfed in flames is too gruesome to post. From what I understand, Gary was Laguna Seca having a good time. He left there and headed home. His wife was at home waiting for him. On the way home, he had a heart attack - hence the crash. He never made it home to his wife. If this isn't the correct story, then I apologize; but it's the story I heard.

Here's the short of it. A person buys an Enzo in 2002, '03 or '04. Something happens to that Enzo, i.e., a crash, either immediately after taking delivery, or some time later down the road. They call the factory to have it "repaired" (translation: **** hit the fan, can you make me another one, the check is in the mail). A new one is made, given the same serial number, and sent off to the owner. New car equals new car warranty. Warranty lasts for three years from the date of delivery - date of delivery is whenever the new car arrives. Eisenberg's car wasn't repaired - a new one was built around his serial number. Ergo, new car equals new warranty. Warranty can't end in 2011 if it's a three-year warranty on a car that was made in '03 - why'd it take five years to be delivered? That's one slow boat! So it's a new car. Date of production, with that serial number, is probably some time in '08. Since it's a US car, the check digit and the year number in the VIN have probably been changed. But aside from the serial number, it's a brand new car.

14. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    question for you guys...

if this car already existed and was just rebuilt instead... that would still make it one of the original 400 (or so) cars... not an additional car.

15. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    There's actually no question in your post, just statements. :)

But what you're saying makes sense. The only thing that this new car shared with the first one bearing its serial number, is the serial number. It's a completely new car; an additional car. It's just replacing one that no longer exists. So in the list of Enzos that exist worldwide, the new one with the same serial number just cancels out the old one. Technically speaking, that means that there were more than 500 produced, but only about 500 remaining.

16. F430Modena

F430Modena F1 Rookie

May 26, 2005
    Portugal
    This is my question...

In fact we have 400 Enzos... 100 for tests , with all parts from 100 Enzos we make one... maybe this ?!?! we have 401 Oficial Enzo Runing at Roads?!?

17. rossocorsa13

rossocorsa13 F1 Rookie

Jun 10, 2006
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    M
    Hahaha, tricky, tricky, tricky, NNO; this made me laugh. Haha. Perhaps I am a strange person. I just love illogical weirdness that makes sense. :)

To Mike:

Congrats, sir, on being a part of history with the best of them. With great care I would say that the previous owner would be proud to see his old car renewed for the enjoyment of a fellow enthusiast and, even better, for his family for generations to come. Don't ever sell it.

Enjoy her in good health, and best wishes to you and yours.

Matt

18. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    This is mental, purchasing an Enzo and a Veyron in the same day, now THAT living the dream. Up most respect to you, congrats and have fun with them.

19. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Fantastic car. Very happy for you to get a brand new black Enzo. Killer

20. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    #70 ingegnere, Oct 11, 2008
    Would it be possible to maintain the six digit sequential number (134952) while changing the model year code (10th digit) from 3 (2003) to 8?

This would result in new VIN with the 9th (check) and 10th (MY) digits changed, while keeping the sequential or serial number unchanged.

In any case, congratulations to Iceman and also Forza to the other Iceman, Kimi, and Felipe for tonight's race!

21. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    #71 Napolis, Oct 11, 2008
    The car is not a 2008. The vin# legally defines the model cars year. The 2008 is the date the car was manufactured and the date as NOO points out the Warranty begins.

Different countries obviously have different rules about registration. As Mike points out where he lives DMV accepts date of manufacture. In the US (NY) they don't.

Take P 4/5 for example. NY DMV considers her a 2003 Ferrari. As she was manufactured (Ferrari P 4/5 by Pininfarina) in 2006 both Pininfarina and Ferrari list her as a 2006 in their records.

Best

22. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    I missed that part of Mike's post, thanks.

OK!

Sorry, was inspired by Henny Youngman!

23. farbox

farbox Karting

Jul 4, 2008
    Iceman, congrats on your two new purchases!

As an observation, a lot of times in typing on the forums, all tonality and nuances are lost, therefore genuine questions, valid comments, and jokes, irony etc fly out of the window on reading, so all the above might be misunderstood, as accusations, insults etc....

The story of your car is certainly unique, and all of us here, as enthusiasts, who will argue endlessly regarding the merits of one type of bolt/screw etc over another, will obviously have endless questions regarding every facet of the car, the history, the repairs, and the current status etc. Some will have an informed opinion, others not. Even those with informed opinions, might not be correct, due to local laws, loopholes etc etc. Most of the comments are really questions in disguise, and only you can shed more light on the matter, since you are the one that did the work.

So long story short, please dont be upset becuase of some of the comments. We appreciate your contribution here, and wish you well. Discussions will take place and we welcome (demand ;-))your additional input to whatever degree you wish.
    My 2 cents here...
    Enjoy your cars and keep posting here!

24. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    x1000!!

25. charliebronson

charliebronson Formula 3