2008 Enzo + ? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

2008 Enzo + ?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by icemanbops, Oct 9, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Not really....but thanks for the explanation anyway. Let's welcome iceman back and hope he doesnt dissapear and that he posts pictures of his great collection.

Let's keep this thread on track guys. Thanks :)

2. pascalt

pascalt Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Pascal
    incredible story and wonderful car! Congrats

If you are near Neuchatel, let me know and I will be the eyes from the forum.. :)

3. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    #78 TOOLFAN, Oct 12, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2008

Right, of course :). I don't think mike will stop posting either way I hope not.

4. OutBenchThis

OutBenchThis Rookie

Sep 23, 2007
    LA & Australia
    After reading 4 pages back and forth, it's still not clear to me whether this car was commissioned by mike (icemanbops) to be built by Ferrari brand new or was a replacement car (using new parts) and using an existing VIN from an Enzo that was destroyed/written-off. Can someone please clarify this for me? Thanks

As many members on here have rightly pointed out, this is a Ferrari forum where speculation is a natural consequence when an assertion (in this case a "2008 Enzo") appears dubious. If you are sensitive to discussion perhaps internet forums aren't your thing.

The reason for my ambivalence, is (in part) due to this comment from icemanbops:

5. Demigod555

Demigod555 Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2005
    SF
    Its a brand new car, assigned its original VIN number and build date, but ferrari considers it a new car for warranty purposes. I think

6. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    See, that is how it is in my eyes. VIN shows a 2004 build year, it's still a 2004. Ferrari's records will show "2008" for warranty purposes which makes sense. But if that car was sold in the USA, it would HAVE to be sold as a 2004 if that is the VIN code. Like I said before, a fellow if I recall in the UK had a 1990 F40 that was totally wrecked totally rebuilt by the factory last year. The car is still titled as a 1990....

7. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Clearly the latter...

8. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Correct.

A minor point, the F40 of which you speak was indeed totally re-manufactured, but by Ferrari affiliate, Michelotto, not by Ferrari SpA themselves...

9. BAM

BAM Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2004
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jeremy
    very very cool stuff. Any info on the tranny and if it is a superfast F1? Coolest street Enzo ever, with a great story behind it. Congrats to you and your son, my Dad gave me a car once....it was a 94 dodge neon though, I think your kid has me beat.

10. icemanbops

icemanbops Karting

Apr 5, 2006
    Gentlemen

Water under the bridge.

On the point of photos in the UK at the moment. Will start by posting pics of my Red/Black 877 mile car. I will also post pics of the bug. Car is being PDI'd tomorrow and I expect delivery tomorrow evening but probably Tuesday. More than happy to post any pictures you guys request. I will also let you know how it drives.

As a rule (might be stupid) I don't drive cars until I own them, dont want to spoil the chase. These are cars I aspire to that is or I dream about. So the first time I drive a bug it will be my bug. As part of the package Bugatti do give you a full day on their test track with a pro driver as well as a full day at the factory. Their own car is taken to the limits of the mere mortal to show you what one day you might be able to do. This should be fun! Any questions or requests, of course no problem. Colour of the car is baby blue and white with cream interior with XL sports seats.

As for the Black Enzo, its in Switzerland. Should be back in a few days and will take extensive photos and try to compare drives between both cars (red and Black Enzo), any requests let me know.

Finally got a call on Thursday, a gentleman has a sub 400km Enzo for sale. It is a distressed and confidential sale in as far as he wants to sell the car to someone in a different country and sell it quickly (credit crunch I guess). Got the contact through my profile Fchat (it works!!), I am flying someone out to see it tomorrow, guys sub $800k. Lets see if it pans out, I guess 3 is a nice number. Also should my wife read this boy am I in trouble.

Will post pics soon.

Regards

Mike

11. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    Mike if you don't mind this time around, I have several photos of finished product (post rebuild). If you don't mind I would be more then happy to post them...............

12. niklas

niklas Formula 3

Apr 25, 2008
    Chilliwack BC
    Full Name:
    N. Olafsson
    congrats on the car(s)! Mike. We are all looking forward to your pictures, as well as detailed write-ups on both cars. You are also looking at purchasing a 3rd ENZO? That is huge! All the best to you sir. Enjoy!! :)

13. farbox

farbox Karting

Jul 4, 2008
    ICEMAN!
    Can you tell us more about the Bugatti purchase?
    I know its a Ferrari forum but im sure people wont mind!
    Seems like you did an immediate purchase, but with factory perks such as the course etc...
    Was it from the factory; a cancelled sale?
    You seem to be a kind of person who likes details like me, soooooo tell us everything!
    BTW if you have the cash flow, go for the 3rd! It makes me happy to see someone living the dream, and gives us something to aspire too, and shows EVERYTHING is possible, so good luck to you, enjoy it all, and thanks for sharing it all with us!

14. icemanbops

icemanbops Karting

Apr 5, 2006
    Bugatti

I wanted a Veyron super sport and Bugatti told me that the first 40 cars are going to current owners and that first cars will be around from March 09. So I ok give me one know. Looked at a few on the net and my preferred colour combination is always black/black. On this car however it loses all the detail, the curves the power. Looked at a few light colour options and in the flesh they were much better.

They offered me a car that was available immediately in Blue and white (ish). Had a look and it looks great in the flesh the first one that I have actually hand on heart liked! So I bought it and my Grand sport in all white with black polished wheels will follow in 2nd quarter 2009.

First impressions are that the car has none of the drama of the Enzo. The Enzo is the cold start (its an explosion), the absence of any luxuries, the noise when driving it the rawness of it but especially the fact that from any angle you can just stare and marvel at it. It is normally parked outside my office and with a direct view from my office I am for always just staring at it.

My first impressions of the Bugatti are the technical boundaries that it has destroyed, it has set such high and new standards, nothing compares. It is complete in as far as every component had to be newly designed and built as opposed to modified, because the car can do 250+ mph and also I would say sustain 200 mph constantly with no problems or fall outs. Any car that can do 225 mph + does not have this and believe me you need it as your life is in the cars ability to do the speed safely and consistently. No wonder they cost £5m + to make.

On the factory visit, if my son cant make it (school and that) more than happy for one of you guys to jump in. I knows it not a Ferrari but heh!

Regards

Mike

15. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Very striking. Looking forward to pics next Spring/Summer.

16. big.bryant

big.bryant Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2008
    Boulder, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bryant
    +1

Iceman, any chance we can get some pictures of your collection? it sounds spectacular

17. OutBenchThis

OutBenchThis Rookie

Sep 23, 2007
    LA & Australia
    Well it was obviously not clear and that's why I asked..

Thanks Demigod555 for answering my question.

18. OutBenchThis

OutBenchThis Rookie

Sep 23, 2007
    LA & Australia
    Wow! What a car. The factory tour would be interesting and is a very hospitable offer of yours to extend to fchatters.

19. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Not to me... although I understand your confusion.

20. FerrariF1v12

FerrariF1v12 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Feb 14, 2007
    Liberty City
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Great job brother.Trully estatic for you.

21. ThisFlyGuy

ThisFlyGuy Formula 3

May 7, 2006
    SF Bay area
    Full Name:
    Michael
    good lord, you have 2 enzo's and are thinking of picking up a 3rd.............please please please post some photos if you acquire the 3rd.

you sir, are my hero..........LOL.

can't wait for pics.

22. Zahiba

Zahiba Formula 3

Mar 29, 2005
    Victoria, Canada
    Full Name:
    Malcolm
    A BIG CONGRATULATIONS from Canada, you really are living the dream!

2 Enzo's? Veyron? Phantom? etc etc, Excellent taste!

Don't take the haters to seriously, hopefully you've lurked enough to know that Fchat is generally good with introductions, but with such big news (2008 Enzo?!) some things are bound to get choppy.

And please keep posting! Some of us look forward eagerly to your posts! :)

23. enzo360

enzo360 F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Aug 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Jurgen Durand
    icemanbops,
    congrats on the new cars.
    Will the 2008 Enzo be any different from the other Enzos made a couple of years ago? Upgrades, developed parts?
    best
    Jurgen

24. shniven

shniven Rookie

Jul 14, 2006
    Mate you are a dead set champion. Reading threads like these make me somewhat jealous, but only make me want to work harder so that one day i may live the dream also. Congrats on the purchases, looking forward to the pictures.

Thanks for the motivation!

25. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I believe that when pick your car up, you can take it on a very long stretch of road owned by either Bugatti or VW, i'm not sure which and you can take either your car or one of their cars and blast it up 250mph. So that you get a feel of the real speed that the car will do, without loosing your driving licence. Is that something you will take up the chance to do? If so please do let us know how that goes, it would be most intresting to hear about the experience, from someone that isn't a car journalist.