2008 F430 Radio Question | FerrariChat

2008 F430 Radio Question

Discussion in '360/430' started by fga4, Jun 29, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fga4

fga4 Karting

Jan 2, 2017
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Jerry Cellilo
    Hi, I need to pull out my radio (to get the serial # for a radio code) and ordered the 2 keys on eBay to do it. I noticed that my radio which is a Becker has only one slot on the right for removal vs. 2 slots for other examples I have seen. (see image) Image Unavailable, Please Login Can I assume that one key will work? Also, I read that I should switch off the battery isolator but is it really necessary if I am only pulling the radio out 4 inches to see the serial #? Any advice is appreciated

2. KBR54

KBR54 Karting
    Owner

Sep 23, 2017
    Sylvan Lake Alberta Canada
    Full Name:
    David Garratt
    Trying to remember but I believe you slide the Ferrari in the bottom center to the left...or right and the panel with the arrows and left knob and button will pop out, your slot for the left side removal tool is behind that panel along with the slots for SD cards

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Do not isolate for this and once you have s/n ask Little Daz for the code in the dedicated thread

4. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    This. Slide it to the right and the left sided key will pop out. There you will see the SD card IIRC and the slot for the key.

5. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Suggesting, this is a great opportunity to add an iPhone or USB cord to your Becker. They are available online, plug in the back and thread the cord under the dash and back out above the center tunnel. That is what the 430 Scuderias can with from the factory. Then you have charging capability without using your cigarette lighter, and you can use the "aux" input for using music apps, or audio from a GPS app.

chenglo1 likes this.
  6. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Yes, you should disconnect the battery when you pull the radio. The re-start procedure is pretty painless for the 430 and it is better to disconnect than take any chances. When I had my dash apart to fix stickies, I disconnected the battery as a precaution and never had any issues.

7. fga4

fga4 Karting

Jan 2, 2017
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Jerry Cellilo
    Thanks for all the tips? Got the radio out and a call to Becker with model, serial and date got me the 5 digit code for free. One thing I noticed is that sliding the unit back in requires lifting the back of the unit a little by tipping the front down a little. Happy camper.