Sold - 2008 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano - TDF Blue/Cuoio, Fabio Exhaust, GTO Rims, GTO Grill, 32K Miles | FerrariChat

Sold 2008 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano - TDF Blue/Cuoio, Fabio Exhaust, GTO Rims, GTO Grill, 32K Miles

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Riomaa, Jul 18, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Riomaa

Riomaa Karting

May 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    LP
    #1 Riomaa, Jul 18, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2022
    I bought this car in August of 2021 and I've had an immense amount of fun with it but I'm ready for the next one. Car was purchased from Ferrari Bentley Lotus of Denver then shipped to Southern California. I believe I was the 3rd owner. Previous owner had this car the majority of its life and it was serviced exclusively by FBLOD. I can provide digital records that were provided to me. Window sticker was $343K and is included in the attached photos. Car has a lien with FFUSA. Asking price is $143k.

GTO rims and grill were purchased from Scuderia Car Parts. Michelin Pilot Super Sport K1 tires purchased from Tire Rack. Rims and tires have less than 500 miles on them and are still immaculate. I will consider swapping the wheels and grill for the original ones (wheels have some blemishes and need tires) at an adjusted price. Fabio 6-1 exhaust w/ race pre-cats and Tubi cat deletes purchased from DZ-96 on this forum. Exhaust valve controller is a Forza Componenti. Radio in car is a Pioneer DEH-X9500BHS (original radio on hand). There is a K40 in the car that I've since disabled since acquiring which shouldn't be too hard to re-enable if you choose to. Original car cover and CTEK battery tender is included. The original tire inflator/repair kit was no good and was replaced with one by Griot's Garage.

Serviced/Upgraded at RMT Motorsports in Yorba Linda. Work included valve cover gaskets, spark plugs, spark plug gaskets, annual fluids changed including gear box fluid, brakes and parking brakes adjusted, window adjusted, exhaust and exhaust controller installed. Receipt of work can be provided.

If you've seen anybody's postings regarding the Fabio exhaust, you'll know that the consensus is that the car sounds so much better than stock and that videos/recordings don't do the sound justice. Cold start from about 5 feet behind the car has startup at 120 dB. In a canyon with the window open and the meter just outside the window I was getting readings closer to 130 dB. The pitch is reminiscent of F1 V12s. The downshifts are brutal. Randy at RMT Motorsports likened the sound to that of the F12 Berlinetta. I have the original exhaust parts which can be included for an additional amount.

I've also done 2 cheap mods to the car. I replaced the last 2 shift lights with blue LEDs to look more similar to F1 steering wheels and to make shifting a lot easier without looking down to count red LEDs. The cover for the rev lights has seen better days though. I've also replaced the puddle lights on the doors to ones with the Ferrari prancing horse. I have the original lights still which will be included.

Car was well driven by the previous owner and by me. Mechanically, the car feels amazing. There are secondary air system errors that come up sometimes so consider this regarding smog checks as you might need to time when you go in for them. I've been assured by RMT Motorsports there is no negative effect to the car other than smog concerns.

Body has PPF that was done a very long time ago. Rock chips are present especially on the rocker panels. Debris hit the driver side rocker panel at one point and is shown in the attached pictures. Bottom side of front bumper also has some scrapes from the ground.

Interior is near perfect at first glance. No sticky buttons at all. All the cuoio leather is perfect. Blue stitching to match the body color of the car. Dash has shrinkage.

I've been as thorough as humanly possible in describing the car but additional information/pictures can be provided if requested. I think I've priced the car well based on upgrades and condition. If you wish to make an offer, justify it--I'm very reasonable.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

blkdiablo33 and 550nitis like this.
  2. Riomaa

Riomaa Karting

May 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    LP
    #2 Riomaa, Jul 18, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2022

Attached Files:

3. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Franklin Park, New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    Gorgeous! GLWTS

Riomaa likes this.
  4. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Original to the car exhaust at additional cost? Will you swap them?

Nice example, love TDF blue. GLWS.

5. yudkib

yudkib Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2020
    Gorgeous. Post a proper driving vid so we can hear the 6-1

crinoid likes this.
  6. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

7. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    In the subject line.

8. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sorry didn't read the title!

9. Riomaa

Riomaa Karting

May 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    LP
    I'd rather not. It was really expensive to get put in and took a bit of time. I'll discuss it if someone is super ready to buy I guess.

I don't have a PROPER video at the moment. But here's a lousy one from inside the car, windows cracked an inch, recorded on a s21 ultra for reference:
    Valves fully open, several full stops to WOT and shifting at ~8200 RPM. Cruising between 4000 and 5000 RPM.

I'll try to get some better recordings this weekend

All good! I actually debated putting it in my essay of a listing for better visibility. I should have. 32K miles for anybody that missed it :)

colorfull likes this.
  10. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Love the GTO touches.....the LED wheel is a pricey option too.

GLWS!
    I'd look good in that...:D

11. FerrariFinally

FerrariFinally Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2018
    Roseville, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    The gto grill and wheels do look badass!

GLWS.

12. chris1866

chris1866 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 14, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Beautiful color combo! GLWS!

13. Riomaa

Riomaa Karting

May 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    LP
    Price Reduction: $155k. I'll cut a really good deal if buyer wants the original wheels, grill, and exhaust included uninstalled.

14. SpencerMarks

SpencerMarks Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2017
    Woodstock, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Spencer
    Have you gotten a quote for the dash repair by chance?

15. DBomb117

DBomb117 Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2019
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Dimitriy
    Wow that color looks WAY better than i thought it would on the 599. Spectacular

16. Riomaa

Riomaa Karting

May 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    LP
    A couple thousand is what I remember when I briefly inquired. It was a very reasonable number but it was right after I had gotten all the exhaust and maintenance work done so I wasn't ready to spend more at that time and forgot.

17. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    nice! glws

18. CJA

CJA Karting

Nov 3, 2004
    Palos Verdes Estates
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Beautiful car. Good luck with the sale.

19. gleek

gleek Rookie

Apr 6, 2013
    Nice looking car

When was the last major service with all the belts being replaced?

20. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Best combination for a 599 GTB
    - GTO grille
    - GTO wheels
    - Fabio's 6-1 headers

When repairing the shrinked leather, nice chance to install good loudspeakers.

To what car do you change ?
    F12 ?

@gleek
    what belts ???

21. FerrariFinally

FerrariFinally Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2018
    Roseville, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    How is this car not sold yet?

A bump for a gorgeous 599!

22. SRLC716

SRLC716 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 15, 2019
    Buffalo
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Your car is spectacular and I’d buy this in a heartbeat if I were in an “add to the stable” cycle. Good luck with the sale!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

23. SpencerMarks

SpencerMarks Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2017
    Woodstock, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Spencer
    Bring a trailer prices would be an indication as to why. Cars in much better condition with half the miles are selling for less.

TJsBeer, dhalperin13, APA#1 and 3 others like this.
  24. dhalperin13

dhalperin13 Karting

Mar 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Dan
    @Riomaa

I sent you a private message. Has the car been tuned for Fabio's race cats? Any issue with startup?

25. Riomaa

Riomaa Karting

May 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    LP
    Wow I did NOT get the notification for a lot of these messages. Sorry to those I didn't respond to right away

Unsure what you're considering as the "major service". 2 year service includes hydraulic servo-control pump and alternator control belts. That was done May 2020. Ferrari inspected for sale in 2021. I had all the fluids defined by the 3 year service done earlier this year.

Yeah I have my eyes on an F12 for the next one although the 812 is starting win me over lately. Your 812 looks so good.

Replied. No tune needed. Startup is perfect.