Sold - 2009 Aston Martin DBS 6-Speed | FerrariChat

Sold 2009 Aston Martin DBS 6-Speed

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Jboz, Mar 7, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jboz

Jboz Rookie

Oct 11, 2019
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Justin B
    Ferrari Chat members,

I’m offering for sale my rebuilt 2009 Aston Martin DBS, which features a 6-speed manual transmission. The color is lightning silver. The car currently has 23,750 miles but that will slowly go up since I enjoy driving the car. Asking $129,000, but I’m more willing to negotiate if the buyer is an F-chat member.

This car was previously salvage and now has a blue rebuilt Texas title. I rescued this rare Aston Martin from an insurance auction (I believe it was State Farm who sold it). I absolutely love these manual v12 cars. I have worked meticulously to restore this beauty to its former glory, with my goal being to ensure the already scarce supply of these phenomenal cars in the US does not dwindle further. The VIN is SCFAB05D09GE00241 and you can run a quick google search to see the damage.

All parts (including the smallest bumper clips/screws/bolts/arms) were newly acquired from scuderiaparts or directly from my local Aston Martin dealer here in Dallas. The car has recently undergone several multi-point inspections at Aston Martin where they addressed a number of minor and major items, the most notable being (i) installing a new clutch, (ii) replacing all four shocks/struts and (iii) installing new leather dash and binnacle hood pieces.

I might consider trading up for other exotics. Specifically, I'm looking for an FF but would be willing to consider other options.

I’ll post a couple pictures here, including pictures of the engine bay, but I’m also including a link to my autotrader ad with additional pictures.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=633673656&allListingType=all-cars&zip=75229&makeCodeList=ASTON&modelCodeList=DBS&state=TX&city=Dallas&dma=&searchRadius=50&isNewSearch=false&referrer=/cars-for-sale/all-cars?zip=75229&makeCodeList=ASTON&modelCodeList=DBS&clickType=listing

View attachment 3296578

Attached Files:

Yassa and sherrillt like this.
  2. yudkib

yudkib Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2020
    2+2 or 2+0? Also was there an airbag deployment?

3. Jboz

Jboz Rookie

Oct 11, 2019
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Justin B
    It’s the 2+0 configuration.

The steering wheel airbag did deploy. The airbag has been replaced (which is why it looks so nice) and so were the seatbelt and seatbelt sensors found in the bottom of the seat. If I recall correctly, both driver and passenger sensors were replaced even though the passenger airbag did not deploy because the passenger seat was empty.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. yudkib

yudkib Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2020
    Alas, I’m only willing to stretch my budget for a DBS if it’s a 2+2. Best of luck on your sale, she looks like a beaut

5. Jboz

Jboz Rookie

Oct 11, 2019
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Justin B
    Thanks and no problem. Good luck with your search!

6. cjpatel

cjpatel Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    NYC
    When was the clutch replaced? Also, do you have before pics?

7. Jboz

Jboz Rookie

Oct 11, 2019
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Justin B
    The clutch was replaced in January of 2021 when the car had 21,588 miles (roughly 2k miles ago). I'll upload some pictures from the auction and that we took ourselves when pulling the front end apart.

8. Jboz

Jboz Rookie

Oct 11, 2019
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Justin B
  9. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Gorgeous car. Good on you for taking on its resurrection. Good luck with the sale, and I've totally enjoyed your pics.

375+ and sainthoo like this.
  10. Jboz

Jboz Rookie

Oct 11, 2019
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Justin B
    Dropping price the asking price to $120,000.

It's also due for regular service, I'll drop the car off at Aston Martin next week and post the service receipt when complete.

11. WJC

WJC Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe C.
    1) Love the tag.
    2) What part of Dallas are you in? I live in Georgetown.
    3) Interior is black? How is the A/C during summer months? Any tint on it?

12. Jboz

Jboz Rookie

Oct 11, 2019
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Justin B
    Haha thanks!
    I live in Preston Hollow

The AC has performed much better than I could have hoped given the age and sheer amount of heat that big V12 puts off. Admittedly I haven’t had to test it in a true stop and go type traffic jam in 100 degree heat though. The car got a new radiator and a bunch of related cooling parts when we fixed up the front end so I suspect that’s why I’ve had good success with it.

WJC likes this.
  13. Jboz

Jboz Rookie

Oct 11, 2019
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Justin B
    Also, the windows were already tinted when I got the car. My guess would be they’re “legal” for Texas but not by much if they are.

WJC likes this.
  14. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    Gorgeous!!!

Pathetic they totaled the car for minor and totaly repairable damage.

These cars are truly rare and it is to your credit that you've saved this very nice example.

nicholasn and Jboz like this.
  15. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    stunning!

16. Jboz

Jboz Rookie

Oct 11, 2019
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Justin B
    Thank you all for the kind words, not saying I'm a hero but I hope to still see many of these cars on the road in 20 years (at which time I'm sure we will need to have gas delivered to our houses and stored in our own tanks).

As promised, I picked up the car from the Aston Martin of Dallas service center today after they completed the 5-year annual service (see the receipt attached). I also wanted to include some fresh pictures since I haven't posted many exterior shots on here (just the Autotrader link).

Cheers.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

17. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    Justin,
    On the service receipt, what is the $1700 CPA charge? Just curious as the rest of the service was quite reasonable, even with the CPA charge that isn't bad for a 5 year.

18. yudkib

yudkib Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2020
    @JoeTSI looks the labor. Not sure what it’s short for

19. Jboz

Jboz Rookie

Oct 11, 2019
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Justin B
    @yudkib that's correct, it's for the Labor. If you look at the "TOTAL LINE A" just below the breakdown, to the left show's $1716.75 in Labor and $548.70 in parts.

JoeTSI likes this.
  20. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    That makes perfect sense and you can tell I'm not awake yet as I should have caught that. Thanks for answering and GLWS, she is beautiful!

21. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    One day ban for Mario Mandaric for trolling pricing in an ad. Take any of that discussion to the model forums.

Robb

Yassa, Jboz and JoeTSI like this.
  22. Jboz

Jboz Rookie

Oct 11, 2019
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Justin B
    Price dropped to $110,000.

The new house is going to be done soon but we're like $150k over budget, so now the Aston funds that were going towards an FF are now being used on furniture and my golf simulator....sigh

23. janus1

janus1 Rookie

Apr 6, 2022
    Full Name:
    Janus
    Most of us find ourselves confused with your frustration. Is it a literacy issue? "Salvage" and "rebuilt" are clearly spelled out early on in the ad with several before and after photos.

Car looks amazing.

Gh21631, scudif1, sainthoo and 2 others like this.
  24. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    The seller has been exemplary in his disclosure and offered pictures of the damage long before you arrived with your unreasonable criticism.

I'm applying a permanent thread ban and a 1-month site ban for repeated trolling of this paid advert and flippant response to moderation.

Regards,
    Andrew.

montegoblue, nicholasn, MHawk and 8 others like this.