2010 CALI subsension joints problem | FerrariChat

2010 CALI subsension joints problem

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by fcefalu, Jun 27, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fcefalu

fcefalu Rookie

Oct 25, 2012
    Hi all,
    car just back from service at main dealer and i have been advised that " a Play was noted in both left and right hand rear lower suspension hub joints, and these will require replacement soon"....

cost quoted was in the area of 5000£, was wondering if anyone has experience on this and if you guys think that a good independent car shop could fix the problem at a cheaper cost...

Any thought?

Ths

Frankie

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I've seen mention of engine mounts here, not sure I've read about suspension hubs...T

Google

site:ferrarichat.com suspension hub joints

Or something similar,

& see if any of those threads describe symptoms similar to what you're experiencing.

3. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Haven't come across this problem before. How many miles are on the car? What year-model is it?

I also suggest you first request a BREAK DOWN OF COSTS in the quoted price. You must know how many hours of labour, the labour rate and the cost of each part. Otherwise, you cannot properly compare quotations with other shops.

Never accept a lump sum quotation because unscrupulous people can hide huge markups by mixing labour and parts costs together.

Always ask for the replaced parts back if they are expensive.

You need to know how complicated the repair is and how much you are actually paying for each cost item. It helps to know exactly what the mechanic has to do to perform the service. You can then judge the number of hours of labour being quoted. Pretend you are both an accountant and a master mechanic. ;)

4. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    You might want to give an idea of your location - for example whilst the Ferrari Centre in Kent have considerable California experience that is no use if you live in Scotland