News

2010 California Yellow Tach Not Backlit

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Matt Fussell, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Matt Fussell

Matt Fussell Rookie

Jan 16, 2020
    Full Name:
    Matt Fussell
    Just brought home a 2010 California. It's incredible, but I noticed that at night only the horse and the center ring is lit. The numbers are not lit at all. Is this normal? I have the yellow tach and read somewhere else that it's not backlit, but it's quite the black hole there in the dark. Could it be a fuse or something more sinister lurking?

2. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed Owner

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
  3. Matt Fussell

Matt Fussell Rookie

Jan 16, 2020
    Full Name:
    Matt Fussell
    Thanks for this. Something must not be right. The numbers are not lit on mine.

4. Andrew Leather-Barrow

Oct 9, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Andrew Leather-Barrow
    HI Matt,
    My tach is also yellow and illuminates when it feels like sometimes its on from initial start up then turn the engine off then back on it will be unlit, its not a lose wire as it does not flicker or goff or on over a bump.
    I asked my local Ferrari dealer to take a look and he said how deep are your pockets? He said it would probably be like looking for a needle in a haystack.
    I have the solution and its a very direct cheap quick fix, i will whilst i refit my dashboard after my radio install retro fit a direct wired bulb (same type inserted into the holder) to the ignition switched wire on the hazard warning switch - probably a 30 minute job

Cheers

Andrew

5. Matt Fussell

Matt Fussell Rookie

Jan 16, 2020
    Full Name:
    Matt Fussell
    Just for anyone else that may come across this...The number lights started to flicker a little at start after driving a little. Plugged the battery tender and hope that this will do the trick. This car has very low miles and I suspect it hasn't seen much action over the last few months. Hoping that this is it. The flicker, I think, is reassuring - may not be the instrument panel - just a low battery. Fingers crossed.

tomc likes this.
  6. ANOpax

ANOpax Karting

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Some of the coloured tachometers light up at night but not during the day. This is to preserve the legibility of the tach numbers in the daylight where the contrast of the black/red numbers is better against a pale background than if they were lit. Our yellow tach on the Cali and white tach on the FF behave this way.