2010 California | FerrariChat

2010 California

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Randbrit, Jan 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Randbrit

Randbrit Rookie

Jun 3, 2017
    Rancho Mirage
    Full Name:
    Darrell Auxier
    I am getting an engine control system failure warning notification. Before I take it to the dealer, just wanted to get a little information, so I have some idea as to what's going on. Is this an emission control problem, and what is it most likely to be? Thanks for any response

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    If you Google

"site:ferrarichat.com engine control system failure warning california"

sSeveral things seem to pop up from bad battery/tender to gearbox failure and lots of things in between.
    I had this message in the spring for an evap leak/loose gas cap. Code cleared by Boardwalk. And, I now make
    sure to screw the gas cap on for a few clicks, and, thus far (knock on wood!) no recurrence.

Is the car running otherwise normally? Is it in limp mode? How old is your battery? OEM tender?
    How often do you drive it? Keep it on tender always?

T

3. Randbrit

Randbrit Rookie

Jun 3, 2017
    Rancho Mirage
    Full Name:
    Darrell Auxier

4. Randbrit

Randbrit Rookie

Jun 3, 2017
    Rancho Mirage
    Full Name:
    Darrell Auxier
    Thanks a bunch for the info. Sure enough, it was the fuel cap. Took the car into Ferrari of Rancho Mirage and Gary confirmed it. The cap was not clicking..That was the good news. Went inside to inquire about ordering a new one..$486. Wow! Guess if you gotta ask, you shouldn't be driving one of these.

5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Great outcome. And an awesome place to drive a drop top Ferrari. Go big and get the titanium gas cap!

https://store.millermotorcars.com/Ferrari-Titanium-Fuel-Cap-p/70001217.htm

T