2010 F1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GP: FINALE RACE *** SPOILERS *** | Page 28 | FerrariChat

2010 F1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GP: FINALE RACE *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Nov 14, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wolfgang5150

Wolfgang5150 F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    It's fascinating to re-read this thread now; you can really undestand & appreciate the prediciment Ferrari was in. Almost everyone posting here during the race were commenting on Webber's status; Vettel was pretty much ignored until it was too late. Unbelievable how it played out. Also to note; Schumachers crash played a huge role in denying Alonso the tilte. It was his crash that allowed Petrov & Rosberg to pit so early....
    An amazing sequence of events. Mateschitz said they did 480 different calculations on race scenarios, and the one that won the race wasn't one of them....

2. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    All true but bear in mind we tend to comment on what we're seeing. If the TV feed spend more time on Seb I'm sure there would have been more talk about him.

3. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    That's it in a nutshell. Ferrari got unlucky this race. Also nobody could predict that the soft tires would hold out long enough to get Vettel and the Mclaren boys back in front after their pitstop.

Too bad for Ferrari, so close. But I just saw Alonso's reaction towards Petrov after the race. Once again he shows his true colours. They should sack him instead of Luca et al.

4. Wolfgang5150

Wolfgang5150 F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Agreed; I should add that I was just like everyone else; more concerned about Webber than Vettel....

5. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    I was looking for something else, and came across the above. This weeks S.I. has a little "they said it" segment wherein Jim Calhoun (Connecticut basketball coach) said:

:D

Cheers,
    Ian

6. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Ah. Morality ;)

7. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    I couldn't believe Alonso didn't come in for tires during the SC period for Schu. It seemed to me it was a natural and opportune moment to grab an advantage (posted at the time). Guess the team knew what was best .. ;) .....20-20 hindsight is a beautiful thing...;)