Sold - 2010 Ferrari California 4700mi Immaculate!! | FerrariChat

Sold 2010 Ferrari California 4700mi Immaculate!!

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by jm348, Feb 22, 2018.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    Pristine California finished in Nero over Cuoio with only 4700 well maintained miles. Well specced and beautifully appointed this car has been pampered by its meticulous owner. See build sheet for full options list. Both keys, books and car cover present. Asking 119K. Call Jeff 310-880-8785 to arrange a test drive and inspection. VIN ZFF65LJA6A0172492. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

anunakki likes this.
  2. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
  3. fossilfuel

fossilfuel Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2011
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Great looking car! GLWS

jm348 likes this.
  4. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    Thanks, She is practically brand new and not a garage Queen despite the low miles. The 2nd owner did not drive her much. We are thinking the price is correct and will consider all reasonable offers. Thanks for looking!

5. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    great looking ride!

jm348 likes this.
  6. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    Reduced to 109K

7. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    We have had many inquiries from dealers with competitive prices. Call me at 310-880-8785 if you are seriously in the market for a low mile pristine California. This car may be traded in soon and you will see it again but this time from a dealer. Thanks for your interest.

8. bigapple331

bigapple331 Rookie

May 9, 2018
    Seattle
    Where is the car?

9. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    Manhattan Beach, California

10. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
  11. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    We think it's priced correctly....had an offer of 102.5 but buyer couldn't get financing. Market changing? Thoughts from F-Chat?

12. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    I actually emailed you about this car a couple of months ago. Since you are “looking for thoughts” I’ll let you know a few big of the reasons I passed on it.
    According to my notes :
    it does not have magna ride or the LED lights on the steering wheel.
    I figured that having those two would make it tougher for me to eventually sell it when I am done with it.
    Lack of service records( very important to me ), too many previous (leased) owners, a big gap on the Carfax between April 2014 and September 2016.
    Please correct me if I am wrong on any of this.
    It’s a very nice looking car though !!

Col. Kurtz likes this.
  13. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    Beautiful spec. GLWS.

14. hyena1994

hyena1994 Rookie

Jun 3, 2018
    California
    Interesting...the Carfax is definitely something I would be wary of, but the car does look fantastic!! Wish I was in the market...price is right

15. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    With the extremely low miles the only records are the annual service's done by Scottsdale, a and couple of batteries through the years. TCU was replaced under warranty by Scottsdale. The 2nd owner did purchase and trade in from Scottdale so they may have additional records. The car had 3 owners and was never leased. Putnam and Woodside structure loans as "leases" and when they hold the title it shows on car fax as a lease. As for the gap on car fax the 2nd owner only had it for 800 mi. Fortunately the car hasn't needed anything so records aren't extensive and it looks and runs like absolutely new. New mileage is 4900. PPI is not needed but we will bring to any Ferrari dealer or shop of a buyers choice. I've been on F-Chat for years as an owner of 3 Ferraris and I am 100% comfortable and confident in this car as it's amazing! It will pass any PPI with flying colors. I appreciate everyones thoughts and hope we can find a happy home for her.

16. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Appreciate the update. So, is Magneride a big of deal as everyone seems to make it out to be?

17. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    Not to my knowledge.....??

18. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    The consensus that I've seen on the Cali forums here on F-chat is that it's a great plus for the Cali...T

19. fossilfuel

fossilfuel Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2011
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    Also, FWIW, I have seen very few Cali's with LED steering wheels. My opinion is that this is an "enthusiast" option and a lot of California original buyers were more GT than sport buyers (or that was the assumption on dealer spec'd cars as well). Now that they are in the secondary market (and more "affordable"), more "enthusiasts" such as f-chatter's are getting into the game. I like the LED wheel, but generally don't drive to red-line often if ever---even when "spirited" so I'm not sure I miss it much.

As to service records, I agree with the OP here--- I have found my California to be pretty bullet proof and don't have a bunch of service records---just Ferrari annuals (and tires :)

They are a great car---open top, V-8 noise, no F1 clutch paranoia and very usable (near) daily driver. Yes you give up a small bit of "edginess" over some other models, but at least for me, the ability to enjoy it a LOT more often has been well worth the trade-off.

GLWS.

-mark (aka fossilfuel)

Testarossa Lover and jm348 like this.
  20. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    thanks for the feedback Mark! Would lack of Magneride ever prevent you from buying a Cali?

21. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    I agree with LED steering wheel option 100%. It's necessary on my buddies 488 as the car hits redline so fast. The California is more of a GT.

22. fossilfuel

fossilfuel Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2011
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    @Parnelli I have magride on mine, and truth be told I can't feel a ton of difference in the different manitino settings. I hear the exhaust valves, open up more, but can't feel huge delta in the rest of the settings (others will probably disagree--- but for my "butt-dyno" and "butt-g-meter I just don't feel a world of difference).

To answer your question--- If I found a car that was well cared for, from a trusted seller, that turned me on to look at and drive and made me feel good (cuz THAT is really the point of a Ferrari), and could afford it, yes, I'd buy it. It really depends on budget, too. You can talk yourself anywhere your wallet will go. If a 2010, why not a Cali-30? If a Cali-30, why not a Cali-t? if a Cali-t, why not a Portofino?

I am 56 and have learned not to get obsessed with re-sale potential. Get the one you like and can afford, drive it and let the market do what it'll do. Trust me, when the NEXT thing you must have comes along, you'll bite the bullet and dump this to get the next hit of adrenaline :) On the flip side, if the California becomes THE car you love and hold forever---who cares what its resale is? The only value that matters is how much YOU value and love the car. I hope that makes sense and isn't too philosophical.

Also, If I were looking to tip the scales of a California a little more towards sport from GT, I'd look at Novitec springs and new sticky tires. At the end of the day its a Ferrari---its gonna be fast and sexy !!!

Good luck.

-mark

HalWoods, jm348 and tomc like this.
  23. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian

Very well said...

Solid Seller, Solid Car, Great Price.

I also agree with your market approach. (who cares what its resale is? The only value that matters is how much YOU value and love the car).

This is not a collector, it is simply a beautiful and fun toy to drive.

jm348 likes this.
  24. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Thanks for the thoughts, guys

25. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed