2010 Ongoing Connecticut gathering | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2010 Ongoing Connecticut gathering

Discussion in 'New England' started by Saint Bastage, Jan 1, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EcoAutoCT

EcoAutoCT Rookie

Aug 15, 2009
    Full Name:
    Morgan
    You've all got 50 more weeks in this new thread with an opportunity for cooperating weather on a Sunday. Good luck to the group, hope you get as many in as you can in 2010.

2. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Best wishes to everyone for a great 2010 !!!

Yes, I've been solicited. I received a promotional mailer card last week attempting to entice me to participate in a new reality tv series to air on NBC. "Drivers will get the chance to test their driving skills on 10 closed public roads in 10 states." For the mere sum total of 5,000 Dollars U.S. you can participate as well.

The only list that I'm certain that I'm on is for jury duty. Did anyone else get this advertisement or am I the only one on this list as well ???

- Ed -

3. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #28 gurslo, Jan 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
    Buyer Beware....NBC had a story regarding this "post card" type mailer. The story was brought to light because an employee of NBC received the card, and asked about it at work. The card mentions a reality show that will air on NBC, and NBC knew nothing about it. There is a clip on the NBC web site but it only shows a part of the story. They don't come out and say this organization is a scam, but they have nothing good to say.

EDIT: AVFPolo, does the card mention a show called "crash course". I am trying to find the story and haven't found anything. I don't believe this is the same story, can you post the " .com " on the card.

http://www.realitytvfans.com/2009/07/23/abc-announces-new-automotive-competition-reality-show-crash-course.html

4. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Hi Peter,

Thanks for the information. No mention of "crash course". I didn't, and still don't, have any intention of signing on for this project but I always wonder how I end up on the mailing list. I have the dot com address and I'll send it to you via pm (I don't want to help them spread their message). I have NOT even looked at their web site. When I get a chance I'll scan the card and send that as well.

- Ed -

5. FJS961

FJS961 Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2008
    West Hartford,, CT
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I am on the guy's email list

Stephan Condodemetraky was partnered with Skip Barber forming the "club at lime rock park", thats how I met him. I believe they parted ways this past summer. I googled and tried to research the guy. He is an aggressive entepreneur. He tried to start a motorcar club in NH, his home state, and was apparently forced out of that project from the press release I read. The Lime Rock project was next. I put a small deposit and was courted by him to join but I never did. However I did get my money's worth with multiple trial track days and VIP attendance to lime rock events. Next he got involved with Millbrook ventures / silo ridge in armenia NY trying to develop a luxury residency retreat. I got invited to an information session for that and learned they were looking for 3-5 mil from investors.

this "robin hood rally" has been in the works for some time. He tried to do it last year asking 50K from participants (you thought 5K strange) where they supplied exotics to drive - surprise, surprise it didn't fly. Now its being pitched as you drive your own car.

looking for a real thrill? The ferrari driving experience at Mt tremblant will feature seat time and instruction in a fleet of new 458 italias, 599 GTB with HGTE package, 430 scuderias and california. its open only to ferrari owners, need to have VIN in hand while calling and registration opens tomorrow, tues, 1/12 at 11am ... more info on ferrari website ... or try searching ferrari experience

6. FJS961

FJS961 Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2008
    West Hartford,, CT
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I am curious how people wind up on these mailing lists though. I am on the email list because of my involvement with the club at lime rock park.

One of the items I came across with my search was a thread from a year or so ago (diff forum) with folks asking who this guy was and why had they been solicited for something from him ... this is not new

7. FJS961

FJS961 Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2008
    West Hartford,, CT
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I dont' know how to link threads but there is a recent thread by others who received the postcard. Its in the silver section under "sounds fishy..." last post was 1/05/10 FYI

8. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
  9. sam231

sam231 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2004
    RI
    I am on his email list too, PITA. Probably through FCA/NER position. Don't fall into what I call the BJ syndrome...lights, camera, spend ridiculous money. He claims 25 signed in 1 week, but then goes on to say the website about the event is "currently password protected" and only he can give you entry....so pony up $5K....I don't think so.

10. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
  11. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    #36 davem, Jan 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. AbsolutFerrari

AbsolutFerrari Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2009
    Rocky Hill
    Full Name:
    Rick S
  13. Tom(Atl)

Tom(Atl) Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2006
    USA
    Full Name:
    Tom
  14. Deutsch Marques

Deutsch Marques Karting

Jun 18, 2008
    Feeding Hills MA
    Full Name:
    Eric J
    Is it spring yet? I finally got the wheels I ordered back in July! Just need some warm weather to take the car out of storage.

15. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I'll be there tomorrow morn, STi freshly polished with calendar in hand :D

16. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    I attended a presentation that he gave 5 or 6 years ago to the VSCCA winter meeting at KTR Motorsports in Ayer, MA about the Tamworth, NH track memberships. I asked him about the financing and permits to build the track and he was very evasive about both. I feel badly for those who joined and have been hanging out for the past 5 years while it goes through its various legal challenges.

Last summer he made a presentation in New York City to the Chowder Club about the Millbrook motorsports country club. Very slickly produced glossy real estate brochures but not much evidence of substance behind it. They hadn't even purchased all of the land yet.

He seems like a pleasant enough guy but I have not been impressed with either of the two ventures that I have seen him selling.

17. FJS961

FJS961 Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2008
    West Hartford,, CT
    Full Name:
    Frank
    doesn't look I am going to make it tomorrow... :(

18. Mikety

Mikety Karting

Oct 26, 2009
    CT
    depending on hoe late I stay up tonight I should make it tomorrow.

19. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I will not be able to make it tomorrow... downside of having the house on the market. I need to get the house clean before the open house starts tomorrow afternoon. Can't wait to get into the new house though... will all be worth it in the end.

20. dipstick1

dipstick1 Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter Lombardo
    Oh darn honey while at the home depot in the morning I stopped over the starbucks and wouldnt ya know the guys were there , ( just working on my excuse to delay my house list) for Sunday Morn... I be there

21. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    Save a space for me. I do believe the TR is up for the trip.

22. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    I need a better one...The home depot is far closer than SBucks. Any suggestions? I'd try the "Yo B**ch, I'm going to see my freinds and you can't stop me" but I'm still recovering from last week when I tried it. Hopeing to get the stitches out this week.

Hey Mike...Was that a freudian slip...you got a Hoe tonight?

23. mj_duell

mj_duell Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    S. Glastonbury, CT.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'll be there...in the 348 no less. Been dying to get the car out on a nice day. The morning weather report looks really good. Should be a very nice day.

--Mike

24. mj_duell

mj_duell Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    S. Glastonbury, CT.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Where did you find a house Joe? I didn't know your house was on the market already. Good luck on the sale!

--Mike

25. Mikety

Mikety Karting

Oct 26, 2009
    CT
    Haha yes, well more like dyslexia of the fingers. :D