2011 458 Italia in Giallo Triplo Strato f/s | Page 8 | FerrariChat

2011 458 Italia in Giallo Triplo Strato f/s

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by diSCUDsted, Aug 10, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. abedh

abedh Karting

May 12, 2013
    Woodinville
    Full Name:
    Abed Husseini

I hope that your sale goes through! Congratulations! I am of the opinion no offer is an insult. As a buyer you never know until you ask. I have never considered anyone's offer an insult, I also respectfully replied to each offer made.
    I also understand that not everyone sees it that way and did not mind that you did not respond.
    As to your assertion as to spring being a better market than winter for sports cars, that is true all things being the same. If I recall correctly, the spring of 2009 saw serious declines in all luxury items compared even to winter 2008 pricing, especially luxury sports vehicles. I got a sweet deal on a brand new zero miles Porsche that spring as a result. :) The dealer lots were flooded with unsold inventory that year.

2. diSCUDsted

diSCUDsted Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2010
    ILLinois
    I caught his "hidden" innuendo there as well Kevin. Just tired of trying to rationalize with people on what the obvious is.

3. diSCUDsted

Feb 23, 2010
    ILLinois
    No hard feelings here Sir.

Best of luck in your search if you're still looking for a car!

4. abedh

abedh Karting

May 12, 2013
    Woodinville
    Full Name:
    Abed Husseini
    Thanks diSCUDsted. I seem to be always looking for another car. I still have 4 more open spots in my garage that I can fill.

5. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    #180 JSinNOLA, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
    The market and whatever transaction takes place is the only fact that matters, so I don't understand where you are coming from as my comment is nowhere near beyond the pale. Fortunately AND unfortunately passion gets interjected. That's why we all appreciate these things in the first place.

In case I wasn't 100% clear, the car is worth what it is worth. That can vary from person to person and will ultimately become more obvious as time passes. Admonish it all you like, but what part is so callous about me opining that there might be a problem of expectation if it doesn't sell after considerable time?

The "obvious" is such a weird way to describe things because if this deep value was so "obvious" then wouldn't this have sold yesterday? Or 5 months ago?

Who knows, maybe someone will come across this and see the "obvious."

Again, I really hope that the seller finds that person. They very well may exist.

But save me the melodrama please :rolleyes:

6. diSCUDsted

Feb 23, 2010
    ILLinois
    Rather anyone chiming in that doesn't have interest in purchasing my car, I'd appreciate them keeping comments on pricing to themselves. It's downright rude and ignorant.

7. Fiorano57

Fiorano57 Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 23, 2010
    Bump for a beauty...

8. diSCUDsted

Feb 23, 2010
    ILLinois
  9. diSCUDsted

Feb 23, 2010
    ILLinois
    Just wanted to take a moment to thank a member here.

Thank you for verbally agreeing to buy my car at an agreed price.
    This after nearly TWO WEEKS of being nickel and dimed to death.

Committed to flying out to see the car, leave a deposit, then returning the following week to pick the car up.

Suddenly something turns up last minute and claims he will have to reschedule to come out the following week (this week) as long as car is still available (I had another possible pending deal if he couldn't beat the other guy to the punch).

Being Saturday evening now, (maybe technically he meant he'd contact me by Sunday?... hence his next "week" statement) I still haven't heard a peep from this guy.

As mentioned at the start of my post.......... Thank you Sir. Thanks for wasting my time. Thanks for being a man of word. And most of all, thanks for giving the opportunity for someone else to own the cleanest, nicest spec'd, amazingly rare in color 458 in existence.

I'd come to expect this from a newbie member. But not somone here for nearly 13 years with over 6,000 posts!

Class act to say the least.

10. Fiorano57

Fiorano57 Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 23, 2010
    DOH LOTS of time wasters and dreamers....Sorry to hear that Tommy....PM me his F-Chat name. No-one should be treated that way..His loss..

11. PbPedis

PbPedis Formula Junior

May 6, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    I had lots of these guys when I was selling my GT3 RS. Several were ready to pull the trigger only to seemingly drop off the face of the earth, never to be heard from again with no response to further emails. I had at least 4 that I remember who did this. It's the nature of the beast unfortunately, but I know how aggravating it is.

Hang in there. The right buyer will come along eventually.

12. diSCUDsted

Feb 23, 2010
    ILLinois
    Thanks. This guy took it to the next level though. One thing money can't buy is class; that's for sure.

13. Fiorano57

Fiorano57 Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 23, 2010
    I STILL HAVE MY 2 CARS TO TRADE,LOL BEAUTIFUL COMBO

14. Domer

Domer Rookie

Feb 6, 2015
    Beautiful

15. johnd87

johnd87 Rookie

Dec 27, 2006
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    John
    I have seen a Murcielago with that color a few years ago and it was stunning!!! Must look amazing in person on the 458. Good with the sale you will find a buyer it just takes time, longer then we hope sometimes.

16. bshah

bshah Formula Junior

Jun 28, 2011
    Chicago
    Tommy....might sound crazy, but maybe wrap it to White and prob sell in a week...what do you think?

17. Fiorano57

Fiorano57 Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 23, 2010
    Yes, wrap a 20K+ paint-job that makes alot of sense:( After you wrap it some tool will complain about the interior.

18. diSCUDsted

Feb 23, 2010
    ILLinois
    I would leave that to the new owner to do if wanted. But I personally think anyone that would wrap a color of this magnitude would have to be crazy! The color is so rare and just incredible on any modern day Ferrari. Have you seen it on a Speciale', F12, or the latest LaFerrari yet? It's just captivating.... takes these cars to a whole other level.

I've had the car sold 3 x now. Only problem is nobody has FOLLOWED through!

The last guy that is a longstanding member here took me for the best "ride" of them all.
    Starting to wonder What TF is wrong with people in general.

19. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Wrap a $20K paint job? I think not.

20. abedh

abedh Karting

May 12, 2013
    Woodinville
    Full Name:
    Abed Husseini
    At the risk of getting your wrath DiSCUDsted, my offer still stands, cash, no hassles, no games, no gimmicks. Would love to have your car in my garage.

21. Benternet

Benternet Formula Junior

May 4, 2014
    TN
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Can't believe this hasn't been scooped up.

22. bshah

bshah Formula Junior

Jun 28, 2011
    Chicago
    Clearly I am an amateur here - did not realize the paint job was a $20K option. Now I understand...

23. Stevenb

Stevenb F1 Rookie

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Steven
    I wish I had the budget for it. just how I would spec from factory :(

The perfect 458

24. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
    That is no compliment!

Sorry for all the time wasters and tire kickers, I would call them out here on their bad deeds. A gentleman's word should be his bond