2011 Tulsa Cars and Coffee Thread | FerrariChat

2011 Tulsa Cars and Coffee Thread

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by mrdezyne, Mar 14, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    #1 mrdezyne, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hey Gang!
    2011 is well underway and our first meet of 2011 will be this Saturday March 19th. From 9-12 noon at 61st and Yale in the Kingspoint Village parking lot.

We have over 200 now on our facebook page and many of you have registered on the website for email updates (look for one this week). 2011 has sparked new interest and the word is spreading so we anticipate this year to be very active.

Check the website for our schedule, two drives are planned, and hopefully an end of the year get together with giveaways.

http://caffeineandgasolineu.ipage.com/index.html

See you guys on Saturday...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Still on, even though the weather man is calling for hit or miss rain. Stupid Oklahoma weather... going to be sunny and in the 80's on Sunday though... aaaarrrrrrghhhhh!

3. tcannon

tcannon Formula 3

Feb 18, 2009
    Norman, OK
    Full Name:
    Todd Cannon
    I am in Norman but I am going to try and get to some of your meets this year. I will bring my black 348. ;)

4. Jimi900

Jimi900 Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2004
    Tulsa, OK
    So are there plans for a gathering and drive for 4/16 yet?

Thanks

Jim

5. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Hey guys... anything going on from the 4th through the 11th of May?

I'll be in Oklahoma then for my daughter's graduation from OSU on the 7th...

Mike

6. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    ahhhh, been a busy year. I'll make sure to make a habit of checking in the forum to get this updated more often...

next meet is June 18th. I have posted a vote on the FB site for the location of the next meet. I'd like to get us to meet out at JRP raceway, there is a nice little area in the grass where we can park the cars for the regular meet, BUT, there are also rental Karts that do 45-50 MPH! Its a fun little track for serious karting, not your old bowling alley karts. Check into the FB page and post your vote if you are interested, its looking like that is the direction we are headed this month.

Hope to see you guys there!

7. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    #7 mrdezyne, Jun 17, 2011
    Tomorrow is the next meet, Sat June 18th, from 9am till noon-ish.

We are meeting at JRP Speedway, this is a kart track in Sapulpa, see the attached map.

Karts are normally $35 for a 20 minute race, thats a pretty long race so we will probably be cutting it down to 10 minute races for less $$. Bring your own helmet if you have one, there are helmets available at the track but they are kinda.... well used, clean but have seen some mileage. Hope to start the first race by 10 or so, then every 15-20 minutes thereafter, it will be a loose schedule, when we have a group ready to hit the track we will start another race.

Bring a lawn chair if you have room, this will be a little more relaxing kind of meet than standing around in a parking lot, if everyone likes it we can just continue to meet here if there is enough room.

One new special addition for tomorrow! Alf, the owner of JRP decided he wanted to do something nice for us and will be grilling up some Brats around 10:30 or so, served with cold beverages! Thank you ALF! I will bring a cooler with cold water also.

Look for the banner out by the road and turn in at the first gate, we are parking on the grass and I hope to keep the layout somewhat organized so we can squeeze everyone in.

Hope to see you guys out there!

Curt

8. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    #8 mrdezyne, Jun 24, 2011
    I believe we have a new location for the hot summer months. Alf has agreed to let us park in the shade at his place for our next few meets (if you remember last year we just canceled August meet due to the heat). The breeze and shade from just being outside the city limits makes for a much more enjoyable morning, that plus the extra attraction of have the karts and track at our disposal all morning is great!

The June meet was a hit, everyone had a great time and filled up food and drink provided by JRP, special thanks there!

July meet will be in the same location, JRP SPEEDWAY from 9am till Noon-ish...

now for a few pics...

9. tcannon

tcannon Formula 3

Feb 18, 2009
    Norman, OK
    Full Name:
    Todd Cannon
    Looks like a great time! I was all ready to come up with my 348 when my house was damaged by one of the many storms that have come through our area lately. Still cleaning up the mess but almost done. I am going to try hard to make it to the next meet. Fun stuff!

10. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Hey Todd!

The next meet is July 16th and will be at the same location, JRP Raceway. Coming up the turnpike from Norman this will be an easy location for you, its right at the end of the turnpike as you enter Tulsa.

We will do karts again, last time we had 10 minute races for $20 and I think everyone can tell you that 10 minutes is long enough to get cramps in your arms and legs while wrestling that kart around the track.

Alf treated us to food and brew last time so I think its fair that we feed him this go around. I'll bring something to grill up and might ask everyone else to bring drinks of their choosing. Hint, Alf is authentic Bavaria so any special brew to remind him of the Deutschland would be cool.

11. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    After a little break from the heat in August we are back on schedule for September. I apologize for only giving a days notice for tomorrows meet but we will be back at JRP Speedway tomorrow morning from 9-noon.

Looking for new faces and old friends, everyone welcome!

October will be our fall drive so mark your calendar for NW Oklahomas version of the "Tail of the Dragon".. ok, its not even close but its all we gots...

Hope to see you tomorrow, the weather will be perfect and you know you are looking for an excuse to get your road toy out and stretch its legs...

12. m.roberts

m.roberts Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2009
    USA
    Curt,

I promise I will start coming sometime soon. I really wanna check out JRP.

You gotta coordinate better with OU game days... I love exotic cars and get togethers, but tailgating and OU football... well, you can see where my allegiance lies! :)

What do you think about polling everyone and seeing about Sunday meets? Maybe mid afternoon?

I haven't met up with you guys in forever!

13. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    HA! I hear ya, I actually made it down to the game Saturday night but didn't have time for any pregame shenanigans... You have the right idea, that IS the way real fans do OU, all day long...

I've been trying to figure out a way to schedule meets so more can attend or would be free to participate, especially once football season starts. Sunday afternoons might be a good option.

We had a good turnout, a little bit of everything was represented, Lambo, Ferrari, Porsche, NSX, BMW Z8, GTR, Maserati, Vette, Nissan 370... The group even got in a couple kart races to get there track kicks.

I grilled some brats so after the races were over everyone had a little snack and we headed out right around noon... Great day, perfect weather, and good friends to share some car talk with...

Next month is a drive, would you guys rather do a group cruise down to OKC via RT 66 to the Euro car show at Bricktown, OR do a little twisty drive up through Spavina to Jay and then down to Tahlequah for lunch on hwy 10? Both options seem great to me, just looking for input.

14. m.roberts

m.roberts Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2009
    USA
    I'm up for a drive ANYWHERE! The better the roads and the faster we can drive, EVEN BETTER! :)

15. tcannon

tcannon Formula 3

Feb 18, 2009
    Norman, OK
    Full Name:
    Todd Cannon
    I am hoping to participate myself this time. I am up for a drive anywhere. ;)

16. Jimi900

Jimi900 Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2004
    Tulsa, OK
    Hello Curt,

My father and I had a great time on the drive on Saturday. We were in the black BMW Z4. Thanks, for getting that together.

Jim

17. Masher44

Masher44 F1 World Champ

Jan 15, 2008
    Sorry I missed the run. Have back surgery this week and didn't think I could make the long run. By spring I'll be ready :)

18. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    #18 mrdezyne, Oct 18, 2011
    We had a great turnout this past weekend for our Fall Drive! Almost 40 cars in attendance for the meet early Saturday morning and 30 of those followed (and I use "followed" losely)us on the drive to Tahlequah that afternoon. 30 is a lot of cars to keep on track headed the right direction but we managed pretty well without incident (actually I was the only one that got pulled over, took one for the team as they all waved and giggled at me as they passed me and the patrolman on the side of the road in Locust Grove).

Pics and video are posted here:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Caffiene-and-Gasoline-Tulsa/369311772902

Thanks for coming out Jim, spoke with your dad briefly today at the gym. Glad you guys had a good drive.

Todd, we ended up with a 355 Spider, 348 Coupe, and a 430 Spider from the Fcar scene, you would have been right at home. I bet you had a good time at the Euro show in OKC though...

19. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Reminder to all,
    Next meet is this coming Saturday NOV 19th. We are meeting back in Tulsa again at the south parking lot of LaFortune Park (by the ball fields) from 9-noon.

The Starbucks is across the street in the shopping center so grab your cup of joe and then come over and join us for a while.

Curt

20. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    #20 mrdezyne, Nov 22, 2011
    November was another good meet! The wind must have been gusting 30mph at times but the sun finally came out and it was nice warm day.

Next month we will join the PCA Cimmaron chapter for a Toys for Tots Fun Run, not actually running but driving of course... :) Last year we had over 50 cars show up and we plan to increase that number significantly this year. Mark your calendars for Dec 17th. I will post meeting place details and times as they are firmed up. If you make one meet this year, THIS is the one to be at, and its for a good cause, helping kids in need.

Now for a few of the highlits from Novembers meet...