Taken Off Market - 2012 Ferrari FF | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Taken Off Market 2012 Ferrari FF

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by njcycleguy, Nov 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. monacojoe

monacojoe Rookie

Oct 25, 2016
    is adding a Ferrari factory warranty ~6k/year for up to 12 years?

2. njcycleguy

njcycleguy Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    I'm not a dealer, but I believe that's close to around what it is, maybe $6500.

3. Metastable

Metastable Formula Junior

I was offered Ferrari warranty for my 2006 F430 this past summer. I forget how much they quoted me.... but those numbers sound about right.

4. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    Update - new price $129,900. This is a tremendous car for the money. 95% of a Lusso and arguably better looking. Similar experience to an F12 and those are $100k more. Ferrari spring fever will be here soon and all F cars will start to sell fast. I know because I've been one of those guys kicking himself that I would wait it out for the spring and regret not purchasing when the market was slower in Jan-Mar. (plus the $10k bump that naturally occurs in the spring when the cars are "hot" again). PM me with any questions you may have.

ryalex likes this.
  5. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    First day of spring is officially here. Getting close to trading it in for the tax credit. Make an offer, worst I can say is no.

Fabate87 likes this.
  6. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    Couple of people have expressed interest but car is still available.

I took it out yesterday and started having second thoughts. There is nothing quite like a Ferrari V12.

Fabate87 likes this.
  7. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    #58 njcycleguy, Apr 4, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    FWIW - I own this car outright, but an interested party needs a $70k loan to purchase it. He said his payment would be in the high 9s. And he owns the car, no balloons or leases. I'm not a big financier of my exotics, but I found it interesting.

Fabate87 likes this.
  8. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Did you mean he wants you to finance the $70K? "And he owns the car", meaning you give him the title now? I wouldn't do that deal.

9. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    No, traditional bank financing.

10. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Oh, OK. When you wrote "I'm not a big financier of my exotics" I thought he was asking you to finance the purchase.

11. Raydog9379

Raydog9379 Karting

Jan 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ray
    So he's putting $55k or so down depending on what you settle on $ wise and the rest as a loan. He'll have no problem financing through a number of places with solid credit history. I refinanced my Cayenne this way. Dealer gave me a deal for using their financing at some joke high rate, and then I waited till I got a loan number and refi'd for a low rate through Lightstream. Basically I could make way more $ on having the cash available to invest vs. the cheap interest rate I got. I've done similar deals w/ Penfed before as well. He'll have the $ in a matter of a day or 2 (in my case it was wired into my bank in a few hours). With Lightstream, the bank doesn't even hold title...its basically like a personal loan for up to $100k (though they'll loan more if you ask and credit is excellent).

Only reason I stumbled upon this thread is that I'm thinking about doing something similar to get my first F car vs. laying out all the cash (could do either, but rather be smart about it). Just now need to settle on which car and then convince the wife. I started throwing cash into a mutual fund account as my Ferrari fund, now that it has grown a ton over the last year or so she's trying to say that we could use that money to either move or remodel the kitchen, etc.. I'm like no... that's my Ferrari fund.

12. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    My mother, who grew up during the Depression, used to tell us a story about the next door neighbors. Not many people owned a car then and the husband wanted to buy a car. The wife wanted to buy living room furniture. So of course the wife prevailed and they bought the furniture. Then that summer it was brutally hot and they lived not too far from the ocean. The wife said she wanted to go to the beach. So the husband said, "OK Myrtle, load the kids into the furniture and we'll drive to the beach". :D

willrace, Monsieur Yoge, rob and 4 others like this.
  13. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    A few folks have inquired as to the wheels - they are the original optional forged wheels just finished in black. They are not aftermarket.

14. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    New price, $128,990.

ACE2 and FerrariTexas like this.
  15. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    Still available.

16. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
  17. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    wow only 2300 cars built - amazing and sad at the same time. your car is really nice - seems like a keeper at the price ur asking.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  18. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Really nice cars, aside the led missing on steering wheels which is like to have it’s a nice spec.
    Regarding
    Financing
    It’s really easy with good credit : Penfed, pfs,Putnam,woodside, lightstream etc.
    I prefer cash though;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    New Price $127,500

20. Chen J

Chen J Rookie

May 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    William J
    I know you mentioned you are not up for a trade, I am currently selling my 997.2 cab, once it is sold I might contact you regarding the FF, I have been looking for a well spec'ed for a while, would prefer the carbon steering wheel for sure but yours looks pretty solid even without it.

21. Thebabydoc

Thebabydoc Rookie

Jan 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ron Yunis
    Still available? My wife's FF Grigio 2012 w/ 17K miles just got rear-ended and we wholesaled it out. Depending on the final settlement
    could make you a cash offer, we should be almost at your number...

njcycleguy, Piper and darth550 like this.
  22. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    Yes, it is. I sent you a PM. Feel free to give me a call.

Piper likes this.
  23. njcycleguy

Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    Updated price, $125,900.