2012 FF more issues vs later FFs? | FerrariChat

2012 FF more issues vs later FFs?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by efes9, Oct 27, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. efes9

efes9 Karting

Oct 22, 2014
    Anyone have first hand experience with both an early production (2012) and later production FF? I am told by a high end used dealer that 2012s have multiple problem areas that later years did not have (electrical, AC, underbody harness, AWD system were the ones he mentioned). 2012 prices are now settling in my "comfort" zone, but I wonder how much extra grief I will have with an early production car?

of2worlds likes this.
  2. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    The story is always there. Not sure it is true. My chassis number 185428. Jan 2012 delivery. Transmission repaired under warranty only.

My suggestion is to find one with service records, good price and get the New power warranty. Drive it to your hearts content.

My only regret is I did not buy one sooner.

ScottS

yamashek likes this.
  3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    look at my thread about my 2012 which was one of the first delivered to the usa. 28k miles and no issues

of2worlds likes this.
  4. kenwidmerpool

kenwidmerpool Rookie

Jun 17, 2016
    California
    Approaching 28k miles. Transmission speed sensor failure at 26. Expensive repair.

Favourite ever car.

5. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    Any other problems with the car thus far? 28k Keep enjoying.

6. kenwidmerpool

kenwidmerpool Rookie

Jun 17, 2016
    California
    The electrical harness (not sure of term) that operated the power passenger seat failed. About 10k miles ago. Had to be replaced.

Seems to burn through tires or I just fall for the upsell. Harry ('s Garage) mentioned in a video on the 550 that it used also to go through them. Not sure if related .

Excuse phone typing.