2012 Ongoing Connecticut Gathering | Page 12 | FerrariChat

2012 Ongoing Connecticut Gathering

Discussion in 'New England' started by Saint Bastage, Dec 31, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    LOL... too funny. I was debating stopping by and thought I heard Steve's Viper rumble out of the neighborhood, but thought the rain was supposed to start early in the morning.

2. Mikety

Mikety Karting

Oct 26, 2009
    CT
    Does anyone have a spare Ferrari car horn that they would like to part with for a reasonable price?

3. bman6074

bman6074 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2009
    Farmington
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Looks like Sunday is going to be a nice day. Who is going to be out there?

4. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    Headed to NH tomorrow but I'll be back in the evening....I'm in.

Want to go for a cruise. I'm real curious about "the Spot" in Groton.

5. bman6074

bman6074 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2009
    Farmington
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I'm up for a cruise how far is groton? Whats there?

6. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    About 45 miles from GBury on the highway. We might search for alternate routes but that will make it substantially further. The "Spot" is a restaurant owned by a gentleman who has just returned to this area after serving in the service department at Boardwalk Ferrari in TX. He has a nice intro thread around here somewhere.

7. Saltie

Saltie Karting

Apr 23, 2008
    Silverdale, WA
    Full Name:
    Olin
    I'm game. The Spot is a little past my apartment, so probably closer to an hour southeast from where we meet via Route 2, then 12. It's not a bad drive, though. Hell, my old TR makes the trip most weekends.

-Olin

8. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    Wow...looks like its going to be "roof on" so I don't freeze to death. Not so sure about a cruise to the coast in that weather. (very uncomfortable ride for me)

9. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Lane if you can store the top you may only need it for the morning drive.
    I have plans for noon so I'm out, but will stop by for a while. Bring a winter hat or even better wear a helmet to keep your head warm.:)

10. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    #285 Saint Bastage, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Didn't make it again today. In the morning I play tennis and by noon I was on the road again with Jeanne and the 308. South east CT tour today. Came within 13 miles of rolling it over to 30k miles. Guess that will have to wait.

But here is the reason I am posting. While stopped at a Dunkin Donuts a woman (Muriel)came up to me and asked if my car was a Lamborghini. I said, sorry, it is a Ferrari. We struck up a conversation as to why she asked. Turns out a child with brain cancer somewhere in SE CT would really like to take a ride in a Lambo. Kind of a Make a Wish deal I guess. Anyway, I got her name and email and said I would pass it on. I also suggested that if the child could travel he might enjoy the annually Concorso Ferrari and Friends which is supposed to be in West Hartford this year.

So, if anyone with a Lambo would be interested in making an effort for this young man please drop me a PM and I will forward the info I have to you so you may contact this Muriel and try to take it to the next step.

TIA,

John k...

12. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    If you have her info email it to me at [email protected] and I can see what I can do about getting the child a ride.

Mike

13. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Hi Mike,

email sent.

Thanks.

14. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    John I would happy to help. Why not see if they can come to a Glastonbury meet, this youngster will more than likely get more than a ride in only a Lambo.

Mike C. , let me know what your thinking so I don't spoil any idea you may have.

15. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Let's see what results from Mike's communication with Muriel. As I said, she was a complete stranger to me and I'm not exactly sure how she is involved other that some chain of frendship that leads to the child. Don't know at this point what the child can or can not do. If trip to Gbury would work it may be a good idea. But it might be necessary to go the the child.

I guess what we need to to get hold of the parents directly. I hope Mike will be successful at that and get back to us here. If we don't hear from Mike in a couple of days I'll see if I can make contact.

If I can be of further help I'll do what I can. For now I'm just happy to have put the ball in play.

16. Borca

Borca Rookie

Jan 7, 2012
    CT
    Full Name:
    PLM
    You guys are class acts for trying to help this kid. Class acts.

17. mj_duell

mj_duell Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    S. Glastonbury, CT.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Agreed. She could get rides in Lambo's, Ferrari's, Porsche's and many others. That is a great idea.

18. SlickMurphy

SlickMurphy Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2004
    Essex
    Full Name:
    David
    If we can't make this happen organically, I am happy to pitch in on a Gotham rental for this specific request. Otherwise, I am more than pleased to assist with rides in my Spider, GTB, M3 or Porsche TT. Granted they are not Lamborghini's, but they can be made available in SE CT whenever, wherever.

Best,

David

19. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    I don't see a reason the Gatherers can't bring the show on the road. Like Peter said, Mike C has first option.

20. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Lane that is a great idea.

21. Borca

Borca Rookie

Jan 7, 2012
    CT
    Full Name:
    PLM
    What a great idea, to bring some cars to him. What an impact something like that would have on this boy. And it would say alot about you guys as well. I would very much be interested in joining a road show like that.

22. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Lot of great suggestions but I guess we have to wait and see if Muriel gets back to me or Mike.

23. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I emailed Muriel today and am waiting to hear back. My thoughts is to do a huge Make A Wish dream come true if they are linked with Make A Wish. Let me get some info from Muriel about the situation and we can go from there. Will definitely keep you all updated here!

24. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    At this time I have received word from a local Gallardo owner also willing to grant a wish.

I sent an email to Peter K's list of owners, this will happen, and I feel in a big way .

25. guygowrie

guygowrie Formula 3

Sep 19, 2011
    ct
    Full Name:
    guy s
    any more/closer pics of the Gt4 on the Campy Chairs and Flares Dino type rims? Love that look.
    I am itching to have my Gt4 back on the road and getting up to these meetings.