2012 Ongoing Connecticut Gathering | Page 4 | FerrariChat

2012 Ongoing Connecticut Gathering

Discussion in 'New England' started by Saint Bastage, Dec 31, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fastradio

fastradio F1 Rookie
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 26, 2006
    New England
    Full Name:
    David Feinberg
    Thank you. Puppy's are great, although a lot of work. Beau's nickname...El Diablo. Well deserved, to say the least!

2. AbsolutFerrari

AbsolutFerrari Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2009
    Rocky Hill
    Full Name:
    Rick S
    Great looking pups guys.

3. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Great shots Dave! Yeah puppies are great...but indeed more work than kids to raise!

4. FJS961

FJS961 Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2008
    West Hartford,, CT
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Maybe more work for the first year. At this point though, our 3 year old mini Aussie is more obedient and has more sense than the kids sometimes :)

5. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    remember when I told you guys I was headed out to pick up the new puppy in SC? we decided to leave Wednesday evening....OMG. What a friggen adventure.

We departed at around 6:30, headed south on I-95 and ran in to this:

http://www.thehour.com/story/518954/tractor-trailer-accident-closes-i-95-southbound-in-norwalk

Got through that trouble, hit a major pothole and blistered a tire badly. Decided I wasn't going to make it to SC and stopped in Newark NJ to rent a car. I'll deal with the tire when I get back.

Then we stayed over in Harrisburg PA and continued on down I-81 into this:

http://www.wset.com/story/16664288/locals-react-to-truck-wreck-traffic

In Charlotte NC now trying to sleep it off. 13 hour ride is 19 hours so far with 2 more hours driving until we finally see our new baby. Then all over again but backwards......Yippee!!!!!!

6. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Wow, Lane, that simply sucks the big one! Hope that you have used up your quota of bad traffic luck and that the ride home with the new pup is fast and smooth!

7. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Yup, I'm just fine having no winter! Had the Firebird out stretching it's legs today...might see if I can talk it into a drive to GB tomorrow.

8. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Yup. I knew if i spent $1,500 for rims and snow tires for the S4 we would have a non existent winter and that is A OK with me. I hope to swing by GB for a quick visit as well.

9. mulo rampante

mulo rampante Formula Junior

May 31, 2011
    Terra Incognita
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Did the same thing with the Subie (for a little less money), thus assuring a mild winter. I won't be at "church" this morning as I just got back from a rather exhausting flight. Good news is that there's no more travel on the horizon for me. Now I really need to get into the garage and start working on the Mondial.

I hope to see everyone next week.

10. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    Just arrived back home with our new Baby. The drive home wasn't much better. I got hold of some kind of 24 hours thing and was nauseous the whole way. Lynn did most of the driving and I slept between bouts of .... well... you know. Feeling much better now that I'm home.

11. Enfield Joe

Enfield Joe Karting

Oct 19, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #86 Enfield Joe, Feb 5, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
    Oh my, what a lousy time you are having as of late. Sorry to hear about that ride home, but glad to hear that the pup kept it's lunch down. Good luck with your new addition and hope you are feeling better soon.

12. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    With the impending snow, and the fact that I'll be working both Sat. and Sunday, it looks like I won't make it to GB Sunday. So whose going to be the stand-in and provide at least one F-Car? Hate to miss it as I had a six week string going to start the new year.
    See you all next week........

13. fastradio

fastradio F1 Rookie
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 26, 2006
    New England
    Full Name:
    David Feinberg
    Phil...surely you jest. Snow? Here in New England? This year? (Of course this is the year that I purchase 4 new Blizzaks and a snow blower...

14. Deutsch Marques

Deutsch Marques Karting

Jun 18, 2008
    Feeding Hills MA
    Full Name:
    Eric J
    No kidding. Last year I was trying to manage with 5 year old winter tires. This year I put a brand new set of Dunlop Wintersport 3D tires on the wagon, and I fear I'm burning down the tread!

15. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    We drove up to Massachusetts and back today for a college visit and the much forecasted snow storm turned out to be a real fizzle. It's just too bad that there is all kinds of salt on the roads now that was put down as a precautionary measure before any flakes fell.

Praying now for a good soaking rainstorm to wash away the salt.

16. Adrenalin Junkee

Adrenalin Junkee Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Zach
    will anyone be making the ride up tomorrow? what time do you guys normally meet around?

17. StreamlineGT

StreamlineGT Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2010
    Marlborough, CT
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    9am to 11am normally.

18. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    #93 Saint Bastage, Feb 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Little Bennie has been home for 2 weeks now and is really starting to take over the place. I went through a bunch of pictures to post and found no action shots at all. I just realized the only time we can catch him in a reasonably focused shot is when he's sleeping and yes he is sound asleep in this pic. What a little shark. My skin now contains many more pores than before.

Anyway...The knee is getting better but still not 100%, I get depressed every time I walk through the garage and see the plain gray cover, and I miss the wonderful warm mornings spent with you guys.

I need 65ºF

Time to raise a glass and pray for an early spring.
    Cheers.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Pups are great, tons of fun.
    Lane with the knee getting better, does this mean the Lime disease is in check?
    +1 for the warm spring mornings, they'll be here before we know it.
    I'll miss another c&c morning this week, hopfully next week is free.

20. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    I still not sure the entire thing is being represented correctly. Differing opinions from each and every doctor I see including arguments about simple stuff like the prescription and strength. It really makes me think twice about this so called "best healthcare is in America" discussion. Some of the doctors still claim its not Lyme but cant explain why the Rx seems to be working....Who knows? Perhaps it was a little Lyme and some other issue combined (tendonitis?).

21. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Well Lane, that's why they call it a 'practice' when you go to the doctor! Sorry docs, couldn't resist that one!

Anybody have experience with plastic garage flooring? I'm moving into a new bachelor pad in a month or two and of course first on the list is a proper garage :D :D :D And fortunately through the whole experience I was able to hang onto all the cars :D

I've heard RaceDeck is one of the best...but a lower cost option would be great (but I don't even know what RaceDeck costs right now, just heard it was pricey).

22. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Jay sorry to hear the situation.
    Peter K who has the blue Countach ceramic tiled his garage floor. It looks great but I'm not sure that would be practical for you, meaning if this will be a garage for full use the wrong choice of tile could be very slippery if wet. That may also end up a more expensive option, but wanted to offer the digestion.

23. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    I've seen some outstanding results with Polished Concrete but perhaps your looking for something more temporary.

24. mj_duell

mj_duell Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    S. Glastonbury, CT.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hey Jay,
    Have you looked at epoxy flooring? Its cheap and looks good.

Lane,
    The pup is a beauty.

I am having a bad week. Drove to my parents in NY to drop off the kids. Everything was great until something failed tragically on the Land Rover, lol. Heard a few clunks and some grinds from underneath toward the rear and then nothing. Its doesn't move just spins the prop shaft inputs..bad transfer case I fear. I was in NY so I had no choice but to tow it to a stealer (cringe). I drove one of my parents cars back to CT last night . I called the stealer today and I am waiting to hear what the damage is and the price. We will be headed back next week to pick up the kids and collect the truck. I have a feeling the repair is going to be in the high range as far as price. Oh, well ;)

--Mike

25. Deutsch Marques

Deutsch Marques Karting

Jun 18, 2008
    Feeding Hills MA
    Full Name:
    Eric J
    Philip, You've recommended G&A Import Auto Repair before at past gatherings, and also in other threads here on the forums. I gave them a call and am considering bringing the M3 to him for its 60K mile "Inspection II" service, which is the BMW equivalent of the "big one". If I use him, any recommendations I should know about? Bring a box of donuts when I drop the car off? Tip after the service is done? Nothing? Something else?