2012 Ongoing Connecticut Gathering | Page 6 | FerrariChat

2012 Ongoing Connecticut Gathering

Discussion in 'New England' started by Saint Bastage, Dec 31, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    With the limited space will you still be welcoming all Italian cars. If so, you could be displacing Ferraris with Fiats.

2. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The space is not that limited. We had 130 cars last year. This space will hold 170 cars. If we Max out at that, next year we will have the option of closing down a portion of Farmington Ave. In West Hartford. Then we could fit as many as will come.

The event is going to be open to all Italian cars still. If we do start to run out of space this year which I would be ecstatic if we did, then it would be a first come type thing or we may have to limit the number of models to allow for other cars. (Example: only 10 great quality 308 instead of 30) but we are not at that point.

3. FJS961

FJS961 Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2008
    West Hartford,, CT
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I am looking forward to it.

4. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I am so glad I sold my 308... I always knew I was an outcast! LOL... only kidding. I hope to be back in a F-Car by summer... but if not hopefully some lowly 328 owner will let me ride shot gun. :)

5. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    Don't feel bad Joe. I'm wondering if my DD 308 will qualify or get the boot. And I've been driving the TR in the snow and it may be next on the list of outcasts.

6. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    No one is an outcast gentlemen. What I am saying is we may have to limit. If that is so, it would only be for this year as the option to expand to Farmington Ave is there for next year. That can hold easily 300 cars.

7. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    Pretty sure they are just playing Mike. The Gatherers will be there en mass.

8. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I was only busting your stones... no ill intent was meant. We are all excited about the West Hartford venue.

9. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Oh I know you guys are just busting my chops. Just didn't want you guys to think I was trying to alienate anyone.

10. StreamlineGT

StreamlineGT Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2010
    Marlborough, CT
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    I guess the Mustang is out....... balls.

11. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    Joe want a ride. Oh wait, scratch that, I can't get in. Maybe we can all ride with Peter, that GT4 has a back seat!

12. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    Mike,
    Me too... just kidding. I should have added some more smiley faces !!!!

13. dipstick1

dipstick1 Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter Lombardo
    #138 dipstick1, Mar 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Please see the attached flyer for the 2012 Karting Challenge to Benefit the CT Special Olympics. This 4hr endurance karting event at Limerock is put on with Endurance Karting. CT gatherers Team Forza (Mike D , Mike D, Mike S and Peter L) Challenge all Fchatters to get a team of 4 together and enjoy a great day of racing. No experience necessary, they supply everything including lunch, plus it benefits a great charity. May 22nd
    Please contact Sharon Pelkey at [email protected]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. mj_duell

mj_duell Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    S. Glastonbury, CT.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #139 mj_duell, Mar 1, 2012
    Team Forza Rocks! Can't wait to do it again. It was a fantastic event last year.

--Mike

15. Deutsch Marques

Deutsch Marques Karting

Jun 18, 2008
    Feeding Hills MA
    Full Name:
    Eric J
    #140 Deutsch Marques, Mar 2, 2012
    The kart enduro looks like fun. If I wasn't scrimping, I would be interested.

Speaking of scrimping, I forgot all about this. If you want a brand new Ferrari for under $5,000, you can get one up at Kringle Candle in Bernardston MA. We were up there for brunch a few weeks ago and then browsed the store. This Ferrari peddle car was in the "toy shop" department. I want to say the sticker price was somewhere around $1,700. But it seemed sturdy and well made. They actually had quite a few peddle cars, some of them able to accommodate adults!

Here's a pic:

16. Deutsch Marques

Deutsch Marques Karting

Jun 18, 2008
    Feeding Hills MA
    Full Name:
    Eric J
    Oh, speaking of Kringle Candle... they do a Cars and Coffee event one Sunday morning a month during nice weather. I know it infringes upon the Gatherers' GBury time, but it might be interesting if the Gatherers decided to take a ride up there one weekend. The one time I went, they had an interesting mix of cars; classics and muscle cars, rat rods, bikes, euro and exotics, etc. The coolest thing the day I was there was the Morgan!

They have a nice store to browse (not the campy, commercialized, theme park that Yankee Candle has become) and their restaurant The Farm Table is top notch for brunch or dinner. Oh, and there are some great roads and scenery in the area. Check it out:

https://www.facebook.com/KringleCarsandCoffee

17. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    If I'm going to buy a car with peddles its going to have a gate
    shifter to go with it.:)

18. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    I'll only buy a Ferrari with three pedals so I'll pass.

19. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    OK Gatherers, time to pitch a hissy fit with those ***holes who claim to represent us. If we don't do it, know one will. The general public couldn't car less about this issue.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2012/TOB/H/2012HB-05405-R00-HB.htm

House Bill 5405 will be increasing the time to be considered an antique from 20 years old to 30 years old (a 50% increase) and increasing the value from $500 max to $2000 (a 400 % increase). Also note there is no "grandfather" clause meaning if your car is 21 years old now and you qualify as an antique, your tax bill will increase to actual assessed value next year.

Please call your representatives and complain.

20. mj_duell

mj_duell Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    S. Glastonbury, CT.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hmmm..so instead of the $15.00 I pay now it will be $60.00???? Wow! where is my pitch fork? LOL Oppps..need to edit.

I did not let the 20 to 30 year thing kick in, WOW. Now that is crazy! Time to register in another state or by a 30 year old Ferrari!

21. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    yea Mike...For you and me we can plan on giving our government approximately $5000 more than we planned. ($500 per year x 10 years). Instead of $15, you should plan on ~$500 depending on values.

22. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    Thank you for this information. I wasn't aware of this. I'll be calling this week. I'm willing to pay more, but not hundreds more. I'll drop the CT registration instead. They have to be careful or they may end up losing tax revenue.

23. StreamlineGT

StreamlineGT Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2010
    Marlborough, CT
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    Time to buy a car dealership.

24. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    #149 Saint Bastage, Mar 5, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
    does anyone think this issue needs it own thread? Not sure if it will reach more people there or here.

25. dipstick1

dipstick1 Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter Lombardo
    Hard to read the mumbo jumbo, but I would think you could still reg your 20 year old car with antique plates up until the law change, would that then qualify as the 2k flat rate I could not determine.

"provided any motor vehicle for which special number plates have been issued pursuant to section 14-20 shall not be required to provide any such documentation"