Taken Off Market - 2013 458 SPIDER TDF | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Taken Off Market 2013 458 SPIDER TDF

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Chupee, Jun 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chupee

Chupee Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2009
    Between Trust funds
    Full Name:
    Blair
    So perhaps Technomn3 will share this awesome offer with all of us please.

Much appreciated!

2. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    thanks for the rude PM by the way today. That was a great way to start the day. Can't imagine why you are having a hard time selling your car.

It was in your PM on June 17th.

IloveGT and P_RSR like this.
  3. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Lol. You are a real treat.

4. Chupee

Chupee Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2009
    Between Trust funds
    Full Name:
    Blair
    Yep it was AWESOME and here it is again in all its GLORY!

an offer on a car that was missing all his much needed options.

technom3 said:
    Id be at 190. let me know!

Car seems has some great equipment, but is also missing some important stuff like lift, camera, park sensors etc...

None of those are on anybody’s serious 458 list I assure you. Perhaps on a Lexus but not a 458.
    As far as 190 I would suggest the auction house.

Thx Blair

and that is what was the big mysterious offer. I can sleep easy now knowing i missed nothing.

5. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Jaguar36 and BOKE like this.
  6. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin

Well thanks for posting our private conversation without my consent. But since you posted it.

Here is the conversation so people can see who said what. Just so there is no confusion.

So I'm glad you did this because it proves that I was being honest and that I offered a fair amount of money more than 180.

What's funny is you take such a pissy attitude towards everyone that you don't even realize that when I posted that I was trying to help you /your sale that the car was worth a fair amount of money MORE than that. I was trying to be discreet.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Jaguar36 likes this.
  7. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
  8. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    you arent disagreeing with me - u are disagreeing with the market...but somehow i'm sure you disagree with that.
    you do this for a living - u put food on the table by buying for less than you can sell. how this got personal is silly and irrelevant.
    if i were in the market as an owner id pay 195k all day...if i was a seller and this was stopping me from my next toy id let it go at 190k all day.
    If i were you id be a buyer at 185 and i think you can unload it for $193 all day.

BOKE likes this.
  9. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    I am not trying to make it personal. Infact I was trying to keep this from being personal. I never called him a name and I never blurted overstatements and I never PM'd someone with profanity

Yup. Its my opinion from experience what wholesale is or isn't.

Although this doesn't matter much as the Chupee/Blair is not interested in wholesaling his car. He wants to retail it. And retail pricing these days is ANY MANS GUESS. So i haven't made any comment on if he priced his car too high etc...

I made him an offer.

He turned it down.

I only chimmed back in when people said the highest offer was 180k. So I just tried to correct and help Chupee by saying that I offered a fair amount of money more than that.

I have commented only on wholesale price

I have not said anything derogatory about his car or his pricing

I have not brow beat him into taking my price. I have not insisted or called him a name for not taking it.

Its his choice. He said no. Its all good

10. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    @technom3 Justin, you made what I feel is a fair offer. You also made good points on the options. No front end lift is a deal-breaker for me on a 458, period.

@Chupee Blair, You offered a car with "OBO" in the OP. You shouldn't be offended at offers that you feel are too low for your car. Probably best to for you to set a firm price and advertise elsewhere for more exposure. YMMV GLWS

Everybody please put a stop the back and forth bickering. Let some of the other ads spend some time at the top of the thread.

11. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    190 back then was a good wholesale offer. I can understand him wanting retail, which I suspect was $210+ at that time. I imagine getting a wholesale offer of $190 also put the seller to a mind of not giving it to a retail buyer at that price (I've been there). Which, in a long-winding way gets back to, selling Ferrari's at retail as a pp is hard!

BOKE and technom3 like this.
  12. Chupee

Chupee Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2009
    Between Trust funds
    Full Name:
    Blair
    s hx
    You will need to make up you rmind on which position you will stand behind:

Well thanks for posting our private conversation without my consent.

or

I'm glad you did this because it proves that I was being honest

I posted it since you thought you would jump on the " but what about my offer train" so it is allways important to show whats behind those statements as we see we have some conspiracy fans on Ferrari Chat, hence the AMISS comment.

13. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    The first part is called sarcasm.

But again, once you turned me down. I tried to help by letting people know that it was worth more by saying I was willing to pay more and it was turned down.

It also seemed like you were extremely doubtful that I made an offer let alone one over 180. SO MUCH infact that you sent me a rude message and doubting that i even made an offer.

ITs all good man. I genuinely have nothing against you and wish you the best of luck on your sale of your 458. Like I have said before its a beautiful car. I love the color combo and I hope you sell it for whatever number makes you happy.

Id say lets stop this back and forth that way you can concentrate on those people who are interested in your car and you can get your car sold.

Have a great day

14. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    There’s some strange forces (egos) at work here. Enough already.

IloveGT, technom3, dustman and 2 others like this.
  15. jferrante

jferrante Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2016
    Lol, that's all

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

16. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
  17. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    LOL

Chupee likes this.
  18. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    This is a great thread for gauging the 458 Spider market. Seller won’t take $190k and the car still hasn’t sold after 5 months.

19. Banzairacer

Banzairacer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Sanjeev Thohan
    I was reminded the other day that cars and businesses are bought and not sold. One person's $190 is another person's expectation of $200.... its OK - fractional changes are perception ad not reality. If the car has not sold in 5 months - then obviously the seller has the time to wait or to keep the car. May folks here on FChat have done that with target pricing. Market fluctuations make us flexible or demonstrate our inflexibility. The level of personal discomfort people cause and feel is entertaining to read - its a very human thread.

Suffyk likes this.
  20. Chupee

Chupee Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2009
    Between Trust funds
    Full Name:
    Blair
    ealers
    Before you make a market statement it may be a good idea to add 1 important fact!. The car was listed ONLY with this crew for 4 months . It was on Ferrari Westlake for 5 weeks at 212. It is now on Auto trader for $199,800. I beleive there it will get viewing from a real buyers crowd. Maybe you did not know that most of the Ferraris sold in the world are not sold on Ferrari Chat! There would be no need for dealers accoording to your perspective so dont start a Ferrari newletter anytime soon!

21. Chupee

Chupee Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2009
    Between Trust funds
    Full Name:
    Blair
    One of the best replies to date! Thanks you! The car is AMAZING in EVERY WAY! I was just looking for a change as stated about 5 months ago.... This car as it sits canot be bought anywhere for that "190" end of story. Thx again

22. Banzairacer

Banzairacer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Sanjeev Thohan
    No worries. Glad you liked the context.

23. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    It’s true. There are dozens more 458 Spiders listed for sale on Autotrader than on Fchat. 45 to be exact. Good luck

SCKOMS likes this.
  24. Alexcle

Alexcle Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex D

Spoken like a true gentleman. You will find a car at your price. With 190 and winter coming with a year passing by, you have the leverage. it seems to becoming more of a buyers market for luxury cars especially with volatility of stock market and geopolitical dynamics creating uncertainty for some buyers.

This post is like the energizer bunny- going and going. Very entertaining though!

25. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Techno was at 190 in june - hes at 175k now

IloveGT and BOKE like this.