Taken Off Market - 2013 458 SPIDER TDF | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Taken Off Market 2013 458 SPIDER TDF

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Chupee, Jun 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alexcle

Alexcle Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alex D
    Even better- I would be patient and get one with a few thousand more miles save 10-15k.

I think we will all be interested to know what the car ultimately sells at. Hopefully seller shares.

2. cab2u

cab2u Karting

Nov 19, 2003
    NYC
    I have been looking for a 458 spider for some time now. As time passes, it is becoming harder and harder to rationalize buying a 458 spider when 488 coupes are pretty much as the same price. Now 488 spider prices are dropping. I see some price corrections coming. (hopeful thinking?)

VAF84 and Viper830tt like this.
  3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    #203 ttforcefed, Oct 17, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    488s will trade below 458s soon enough...2016 488 coupe and 2015 458 coupes are within 10K of each other wholesale.

IloveGT likes this.
  4. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Inaccurate. (And don't take that as a personal jab tt I'm just trying to clearly communicate... I'm not calling you out or anything... More of just correcting the record)

I am not at 175 on this car I'm not sure I actually every said that I was at 175 on the car.

I WAS at more than that but I believe the relationship between buyer and seller has gotten to a point to where a deal will never be had.

5. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i was inferring from posts 116 and 128, my bad if i concluded incorrectly.

6. cab2u

cab2u Karting

Nov 19, 2003
    NYC
    If 488's sell for the same as 458's, i cannot see myself buying a 458. I think the "last of the NA's" thing will wear off, as did the 6-speed 430's.

VAF84, technom3 and Viper830tt like this.
  7. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    thats ok - there are exceptions to every rule. buy what you like. but the market is the market.

8. cab2u

cab2u Karting

Nov 19, 2003
    NYC
    I agree that the market will always dictate. Now that I made my point, will someone sell me their low mileage 458 spider for $150k?

jehu999 likes this.
  9. Chupee

Chupee Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2009
    Between Trust funds
    Full Name:
    Blair
    Cheap entertainment for sure!

10. Chupee

Chupee Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2009
    Between Trust funds
    Full Name:
    Blair

He should SHORT the Ferrari market!

11. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    a black 16k mile 2012 sold for $161k in march at the riverside manheim auction and its rated a 3.6 out of 5 which is a pretty crappy car. i think 170K is the low end of wholesale for sub 10k mile cars.

12. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    This is the strangest ferrari for sale ad ..reminds me of the old ads....to the op nice car
    Strange sales approach.....

Cigarzman and BOKE like this.
  13. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
  14. Chupee

Chupee Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2009
    Between Trust funds
    Full Name:
    Blair
    I Love it!
    You either want to drive the car or sit on a couch and talk about the amazing deal you are gonna get which by the way you may be too old abd ****ed up to even get in & out of! Life is simple. Get what you want and do what you want. I am perplexed about the the arm chair pleasure junkies on this site. To stop your self from having an amazing auto experince beasue the 488 market is collapsing is hysterical and pathetic a the same time.

15. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    The same statement could be made for you. You'd rather spend 5 months arguing about your car on the internet as opposed to countering the $190K offer and being done with it. All to save probably no more than $5K (you're probably $5K apart). I'd have sold that thing 4.5 months ago. Ha.

Themaven, VAF84, Avia11 and 11 others like this.
  16. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    Blair, who are you to say what potential buyer should look for and want in their 458? The buyer should offer how much your car is worth to them as much as you think the car is worth to you despite the market.

The attitude you have displayed in this thread so far reminds me of the owner of one of a kind collectibles who would easily get offended, yet your 458 spider is not a collectible, and the fchatters know it's value, whether or not you like it.

There is an expected etiquette from the buyers as much as the seller.

17. Chupee

Chupee Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2009
    Between Trust funds
    Full Name:
    Blair
    You seem to forget the most important fact genius! I'm not trying that hard to sell or I would not have just spent $2,100 to flash the ecu to get the exhaust perfect or only list on this site. The car only went to Westlaske as someone asked aboutit AFTER the consignmnet was over and I wanted to dirve it. A world of differance between someone who HAS the object of desire and the someone who HAS NOT the object of desire! Thats is todays lesson grasshopper! Touche'

18. Chupee

Chupee Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2009
    Between Trust funds
    Full Name:
    Blair
    Agreed, and I told him in my experience those were not deal breakers and he woul be more succesful hitting the auctions with the $190 budget. Short and sweet with mutual respect!

19. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Cuckoo for cocoa puffs !

technom3 and gmo28 like this.
  20. Chupee

Chupee Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2009
    Between Trust funds
    Full Name:
    Blair
    HELP REQUESTED

How come the 46 458's on AUTO trader are all a good bit pricier then my car except the 15,000 milee car. Perhaps nubody else arounf the country knows that these cars are about to freefall and they would be lucky to firesale them to any offer they can get!

Hysterical!

Somebody let their 12 year old have the PASSWORD.....

21. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I've never understood the logic of listing something for sale with the disclaimer "I don't need to sell". "Need" doesn't have to be part of the equation. Do you "want" to sell the car or do you "want" to argue with strangers on the internet over a few thousand $$? A person who "doesn't need to sell" would not do the latter. Actions speak louder than words.

You have a beautiful 458 that is unfortunately dropping in value with every passing minute. So are all of my cars. Good thing you and I don't "need to sell". Ha.

22. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I know I've qualified an ad like that once, maybe twice. Very rare and I wouldn't usually, but I think it translates to... "I am very conflicted over selling and it's going to take someone who loves her as much as I do making me an offer I can't refuse".

Thecadster, Avia11, Chupee and 3 others like this.
  23. Chupee

Chupee Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2009
    Between Trust funds
    Full Name:
    Blair
    OOOOOHHHHH theres that "BY THE MINUTE" fear monger! The last 3 Ferraris I sold here are alll UP In VALUE SNCE I SOLD years ago. THis is proof positive that your're take on the market is useless. By the way Im not arguing, this is 5 minutes of wak- a -mole with people who arent even in the market for a 458 so perhaps you should stop raising your hand baby! HA!

24. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    lol...this thread cracks me up - chupee - you are a little nutty but i find it funny and enjoyable actually. this is one of the most analyzed 458s on the market. if you end up keeping it i think it was worth the journey!

omdehoek and BOKE like this.
  25. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    This tactic might work if you were selling something rare. You don't see car dealerships advertising "we don't need to sell".