2013 cali30 tranny crash | FerrariChat

2013 cali30 tranny crash

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by BUD STONER, Jun 26, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BUD STONER

BUD STONER Karting

Apr 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    BUD STONER
    HEY GUYS, THOUGHT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE WHAT WAS REQUIRED TO REPLACE A SPEED SENSOR IN MY CAR'S TRANNY. MILLER MOTORCARS DID A FANTASTIC REPAIR AFTER IT HAPPENED. I HAD DRIVEN THE 10,500 MILE CALI ONLY 500 MILES WHEN IT HAPPENED. I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT THE POWER WARRANTY FROM MILLER WHEN I BOUGHT IT AS IT WOULD HAVE BEEN COVERED. HOWEVER, THEY PAID ABOUT HALF OF THE EXPENSES OUT OF GOODWILL. THEY ARE A CLASS ACT SO REMEMBER THEM WHEN YOU WANT TO BUY ANOTHER FERRARI.
    BUD IN SC

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ^Good Lord, I get a knot in my stomach every time I see these threads and pics like this. Hope your Cali is up & running ASAP...T

3. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    What's the latest percentages on casualties? Curious my odds.

4. BUD STONER

BUD STONER Karting

Apr 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    BUD STONER
    HOPE TO GET IT NEXT WK...............

5. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Someone tried to collect this data in a poll for DCT F-cars, but it is way too small a sample size to say with any confidence. I would guess only Ferrari SpA knows, if even they do...T

6. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Hope everything goes smooth, Bud. Miller is great...T

7. BUD STONER

BUD STONER Karting

Apr 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    BUD STONER
    MILLER SAID THIS WAS A FLUKE OF NATURE ON 13 AND UP, SO WHO KNOWS? YOU CAN BET I GOT A WARRANT THIS TIME...........

8. BUD STONER

BUD STONER Karting

Apr 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    BUD STONER
    FORGOT TO MENTION, THE TARIFF ON THIS PROCEDURE IS 45 HRS @ $199 PER AND $2100 FOR THE SENSOR KIT............

9. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    Wow $12000 clams hurts! Good thing they split the cost with you though. Sure shows how much the new power warranty could have saved you though had you opted to purchase it at the time
    You also purchased the car. Thanks for the cost info though.

Are you having the inspection done at the same time the DCT is being repaired for the new power warranty? Hopefully you won’t need it with the DCT being repaired but better safe then sorry.

As far as the poll for DCT failures goes it is a small sample size but there have been a half dozen or so people post about issues here (and a few individuals had multiple failures unfortunately) and I have seen a few complaints on other various sites. I would say the problem is indeed worthy of note, yet no guarantee it will happen to any and every car at some point. It’s kinda like roof sensor failures might happen or might not. No reason to fear a purchase though, it’s not like 50% of the cars failed.

Hope you are back together and enjoying your car soon.

10. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    That's reassuring. Thanks.

11. BUD STONER

BUD STONER Karting

Apr 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    BUD STONER
    THANKS! THE INSPECTION WAS DONE BEFORE I BOUGHT THE CAR SO IT WAS COVERED. JUST LEARNED TODAY THE FERRARI SENT OUT AN URGENT AIRBAG ALERT ON 11-13 CALI'S AND CERTAIN OTHER MODELS. MILLER CAUGHT IT AND IS DOING MINE RIGHT NOW. PASS THE WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Miller are good people. They emailed me a few months back, even though I bought my Cali 2+ years ago from them. Got it fixed at my last annual service...T

13. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Boy, that's unfortunate after only 500 miles. I've been lucky so far but I also do not plan drives during the peak temperature hours of the day. Even though I love the sun and was born into a very hot part of the world, I dislike heat. I prefer the early and late hours when it isn't hot or sunny enough to do me damage if I drop the roof for a couple of hours of driving.

I also try to remember to warm up and cool down the car on every drive but I do wonder if I will still have to deal with a DCT issue at some point. I hope you are soon reunited with your baby... to enjoy new adventures. ;)

14. BUD STONER

BUD STONER Karting

Apr 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    BUD STONER
    THANKS! ME TOO...……...

15. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  16. BUD STONER

BUD STONER Karting

Apr 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    BUD STONER
    BECAUSE I AM 77 YRS OLD WITH AN ESSENTIAL TREMOR WHICH MAKES IT DIFFICULT FOR ME TO HIT THE SHIFT BAR. SORRY IF IT BOTHERS YOU.

17. fedcoin

fedcoin Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 11, 2017
    Sharp pictures, looks like a very talented, organized, clean and competent shop. Thanks for posting.

tomc likes this.
  18. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I'm sure it doesn't bother a soul here. Great community. Appreciate you sharing.

19. BUD STONER

BUD STONER Karting

Apr 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    BUD STONER
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH! THEY ARE GREAT FOLKS TOP TO BOTTOM. I HAVE DEVELOPED A NICE RELATIONSHIP WITH RICHARD KOPPPLEMAN WHO OWNS ALL THE DEALERSHIPS AT MILLERS. I TOLD HIM ABOUT A CLASSMATE OF MINE WHO HAD A FAMILY OF COMPANIES (PORSCHE, AUDI, MB, VOLVO) IN SEATTLE (BARRIER AUTOMOTIVE) AND SOLD IT TO AUTO NATION FOR $107 MILLION. WHEN I TOLD RICHARD THIS COULD BE HIS EXIT STRATEGY, HE SAID I'M STAYING IN THE GAME BECAUSE I LOVE CARS AND MY CUSTOMERS. THAT'S GOOD NEWS FOR US FERRARI GUYS!

Avia11 likes this.
  20. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Richard is a great guy. The old adage is that a fish rots from the head down, and so the reverse must also be true. Keep the faith, Bud, you'll be out some dough, but you'll be back riding in style in your gorgeous Cali soon enough...T

21. BUD STONER

BUD STONER Karting

Apr 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    BUD STONER
    SUPPOSED TO GO ON THE TRUCK TO ME TOMORROW T. REALLY MISS THE GARAGE QUEEN! BUD

tomc likes this.
  22. action-ant

action-ant Karting

Nov 16, 2015
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Hi Bud,

Thanks for sharing! How and where did they source the new speed sensors? Are there any part markings or manufacturer info?

Thanks!

Anthony

23. BUD STONER

BUD STONER Karting

Apr 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    BUD STONER
    THE SPEED SENSOR KIT CAME FROM ITALY, FERRARI PART # 70004182. HAPPY TO SHARE! BUD

24. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Garage queen?!?
    Bud...Drive the heck out of that sexy Cali when you get it back. And, with the top down so people can drool over your gorgeous interior! Trust me, you'll thank me. ;)
    T

25. BUD STONER

BUD STONER Karting

Apr 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    BUD STONER
    T, I ROAD RACED PORSCHES ALL OVER EASTERN USA FOR 20 YRS SO I KNOW HOW TO DO IT! I'LL JUST HAVE TO GET OVER THE TRANNY JITTERS FIRST...……………...LATER

tomc likes this.