2013 FF at Ferrari of Austin | FerrariChat

2013 FF at Ferrari of Austin

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by LeoBRK, Nov 26, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    Asking $139k, Missing a key, missing all the books, plenty of miles on it, not overly optioned. Does anybody know this cars history or have seen it in person? I believe 1 owner from Cali.

2. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Yes, doesn't look like there are any options on it. However, it's a nice color combo of G Silverstone with cuoio. That's mileage is nothing. Is it CPO?

3. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    Agreed, not many options at all. It can be eligible for CPO. I understand few minor things needed for it to pass, new tires, alignment. It would then be possible to purchase a 1 year Power warranty ($6100) I was told. Im thinking within the next 60 days or so this is really a High 120's / 130k car max?
    Would love to hear from someone who has actually viewed the car in person.

4. TurboDoc

TurboDoc Rookie

Apr 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    BKB
    Hopefully helpful information:
    I paid 175 for my 2015 6 months ago which had a new sticker of 335. However, it was still under warranty with 9000 miles.
    It was off lease with 1 key and I insisted on a second key which took 2 weeks and over $1,000.
    Definitely get the warranty. I did the new car 2 year full warranty extension.

5. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    At least it has the forged wheels. That is the only option that truly enhances the driving dynamics. That means it will drive as well as any other FF! Hey, it has the color combo of what I was looking for. If I don't already have a FF, I'll definitely check it out. Then I'll be driving down there to trade in and returning with it!...It's a little far but still reasonable distance from where I am.

6. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo

Sound like you a pretty good deal! color combo?

7. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    Forged wheels a must for me, and really the biggest option on this car. Everything is pretty basic. IMO this car for year, miles, and lack of several options, I feel is worth 130k max if not now, but likely in the next few months. Nonetheless, the dealer is really not overly anxious to sell it seems. I have been speaking with them for several weeks now and really have gotten nowhere.

8. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Walk. Many out there less miles better options and more on the market daily. Look at the preowned website or stalk your favorite dealers. That one wouldn’t get my attention at all if they wouldn’t move. Try dealers now in snow and cold. They’ll move because despite these cars utility, most sit in cold weather. At that price/miles I expect warranty to be included as necessary for sale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

otakki likes this.
  9. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Check for sale individuals. There’s a better version for sale starting lower-same colors. In NJ.

No relationship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

njcycleguy likes this.
  10. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    Scott totally agreed! There is no rush for me to purchase now, living in NYC in the winter, the car for the most part will sit likely for the marjority of the next 3/4 months..

11. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Let the dealer sit for 5 months with it.

otakki likes this.
  12. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    5 months is exactly the timeframe i actually "need" and can use the car. No doubt this car will be for sure less money. there will be many more options in 2019, and much more aggressive pricing for 12/13's.
    In 30 days this car is another year older. I am not opposed to purchasing now, but would have thought the dealer would be interested in selling after he has been sitting on it for quite some time now...

13. njcycleguy

njcycleguy Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    I've got a similar FF (Color combo) right here in your backyard (NJ). Lower priced than the car you are looking at.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/2012-ferrari-ff.587947/page-2#post-146331055

14. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    Beautiful car! Thanks for bringing to my attention... I have been keeping my eye on it actually. Perfect spec, and obviously very well taken care of! Would save me considerable money in transportation and traveling for sure. I am looking to drive an FF as a 3/4 day week daily driver, anticipating putting at least 7k miles per year. So in my case every mile counts and I would prefer to have really no more than 15k on a purchase. If I acquire a car with 20k +, within the first 48 months I will easily have 35/40k on it. Surely the FF is more than capable of handling this, however I am looking in the very near future and I will be stuck with a car that will have 50k+ miles on it only within a few short years. I am very concerned just in general maintenance and upkeep after 50k miles.

15. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Indeed, I also wouldn't move if the dealership is not motivated to move it. Let them sit on it for months, while I check for offerings at other parts of the country.

16. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    Yes....Its seems the majority of the FFs sit around a very long time? Probably mostly the 12/13's?

17. Eric360

Eric360 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I think most used cars at $150k+ aren't sold all that quickly. But I've seen lots of FFs sold recently. They may sit like most cars, but good ones with popular colors and options probably move at realistic prices. Most Ferrari dealers price their cars higher than the market. And you pay for the possibility of the extended warranty.

18. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    I see many for sale in Black and white exterior colors. Was that the more popular color for and FF? I like the FF in most colors and certain colors have their advantages and disadvantages. I dont see many silver/greys/blues..

19. Eric360

Eric360 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Maybe the silvers/greys/blues were sold quickly?

20. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    Good point......Well sorted and optioned car will sell quicker. Im thinking perhaps many FFs where ordered predominately in white or black?
    Having the possibility for the extended warranty is a benefit. If you purchase a vehicle privately, can it still qualify for the extended warranty if brought to a dealer and it passed their inspection?

21. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    I dunno about originally sold, but the vast majority of FFs hitting the used market are Black/White with a good chunk of grey too. Just seems to be following the general trend for cars really. I don't think it really effects selling time much. If a car is priced right it will sell quickly if not, it will sit.

22. Eric360

Eric360 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Yes, I believe it can qualify for a 1 year extended warranty, but there are no guarantees unless it's inspected beforehand. I think it's $6500 per year. And thereafter, you must have it inspected yearly and pay each year. Lots of whites and blacks as you say. FF is mainly a neutral color car.

23. TurboDoc

TurboDoc Rookie

Apr 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    BKB
    Regarding the warranty: call a dealer with the VIN before you purchase. I bought my FF while a few months from the end of the warranty from a non Ferrari dealer and called my nearest dealer with the VIN before finalizing the purchase. The dealer ran the history on the car and although they will not share much with you, if there is an obvious problem that would prevent a warranty extension they will tell you that.

I purchased two years of new car extension for about 12k. You have to get the car to the dealer before the warranty expires if you buy it outside the Ferrari dealer network. It's not possible to buy the car from an independent and then extend the warranty after the initial 3 years has expired.

24. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    Good information thanks