2014 Camaro Z/28 | Page 8 | FerrariChat

2014 Camaro Z/28

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by joker57676, Mar 27, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Vinny Bourne

Vinny Bourne Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2011

central nc -- smooth, lightly traveled roads, where nascar spirit lives

2. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Weight means brakes and tires once you start lapping. For the street even if you go really fast its hard to use up those items. But I have seen z06 vettes go through pads in 1/2 a day at the track and a Zl1 is 1000lbs more.

Now the Z28 has cermics so fade wont be an issue, and pads migth last a day depedmnign on what you use, but those tires are going to take a hammering.

As to steering I base that on what I have read, and slao experience in a SS rental, lest just say its not a standout feature. With 305 fronts and PS system to handle that is going to filter out a lot. Still many cars have lifeless steering these days, the 458 comes to mind.

3. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    And the Nascar spirit lives in the Z28, perfect car for those roads, although for the street a Zl1 is probably better still and costs less. Driven through a few times, nice place.

4. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    Agreed....actually any other model is just so different from even the ZL1....the tires, MR suspension, tremec short throw 6speed, rear axle is a beast with cooling there and everywhere else. The rotors and brakes are quite large brembo 6 piston with brembo/ferodo pads. The 5-PTM modes are excellent. Once you set the car to PTM3 (which is the 1st of the track modes) the steering tightens up quite a bit as does the suspension. PTM5 turns the car into a rock for suspension, super tight steering, and instant access to full power...... That was one reason I changed to it from the GT3RS....wanted a change yet still track, autox or mt drive...etc. Had one weekend HPDE at Road Atlanta so far since owning and she did quite well. Brakes were great....drivetrain great....my only complaint are the crap GoodYears they put on the car. The need heat. The Z28 reminds me of GT3 to GT3RS where "stuff" is removed, engine lower due to dry sump....But the price (as if 60K for the ZL1 is not high enough) will be interesting.

5. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Interesting to hear your feedback re-steering, esp comming from a Gt3.