2014 F1 SHELL BELGIAN GRAND PRIX: RACE *** SPOILERS *** | Page 19 | FerrariChat

2014 F1 SHELL BELGIAN GRAND PRIX: RACE *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Aug 24, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Anyone thinking that Nico is not making up for his short fall in out right race pace in beating Hamilton, by using any means possible and now seemingly more obvious underhanded tactic's are IMO just gloating, and bordering on trolling.

Of course the only up side of this, is that the tension between the two is now at fever pitch and it's bare knuckle fighting, thus making it exciting from a viewers point of view, so it is rather ironic that the gloaters that profess the Merc boys and the Mercedes team are clueless in letting them fight, do not realize that they are actually the stars of the show.

2. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes crashing into your team mate is probably the biggest boneheaded move a driver could make.

3. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Yep....Nico wanted to break his wing and potentially put himself out of the race on purpose...........................right?

Lucky his cunning plan worked out...imagine if he'd broken his wing but the tyre didn't puncture...oh no!!!

4. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    If Ricardo takes the title with the magic double points how many here won't be a bit happy despite themselves?

5. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    There is no way on earth Ham should have had a single thought about backing off, he got the jump on Nico, Nico got red mist and on this occasion came out on the better side in relation to car damage, it could have gone completely wrong, it was a stunt in the same league you could expect of Maldonado.

Senna and MS's tactic's of coming ready or not and frightening drivers, probably wouldn't hold sway with the stewards nowadays, since that clown Mosley got booted out.

6. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    Nico beat Lewis fair and square and was entitled to be where he was on-track especially considering he was faster than Lewis. All the NBC announcers [Matchett, Hobbs, Diffey]even claimed so and they are not armchair racers like many on here
    Hamilton needs to stop complaining and race. His laps times midrace were horrendous as he had given up by then

7. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes it's funny really that you have never seen a front wing puncture a rear tyre that easily before, who da thunk it...:rolleyes:

8. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    #458 ricksb, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
    NBC says that, Toto and Lauda say the opposite. I'm going with the team's judgement vs the television commentators, who are well aware of the social media sentiments and just might see fit to stir the pot while interest is high. If Nico wanted to be in front of Hamilton, he should have started better. Making a desperate passing move on lap 2 was just boneheaded.

You really think that was "fair and square"? What would you say if Ham lurked around the back and took Nico out of the race?

9. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I like Dan a lot, and he's done everything right this season, but I won't thrill in seeing Merc implode because they tried to do the right thing and let their drivers compete without team orders. Unfortunately, LdM is yet again being proven right. You can't have two alpha dogs on a race team.

10. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Not having seen the race I can't comment on today but in general two alpha dogs can't share a home. At least not for long.

11. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    #461 F2003-GA, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
    IMO - There was no gap to be had

12. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Absolutely my friend :)

13. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    Lewis IS a quicker driver...however Nico IS a smarter driver

SUPER congrats to Daniel...he is certainly embarrassing his team mate

14. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Totally agree.

I'm hoping for some mechanics taking things in their own hands...

15. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Alonso didn't puncture SV's tyre later in the race, but he sure messed up his front wing!

16. "StormBringer"

BANNED

May 20, 2014
    Greenwich/Malibu
    I guess we were listening to different NBC commentators but the names you mentioned are the same. That is not what they stated at all!!!! Go watch the rerun of the race. They repeated over and over that the accident should not be reviewed and no penalty should be given. Look at all the views Lewis clearly had the line and did not make his racer wide as Alonso did a few races ago.

Also whoever made the comments against Hamilton racing....well all I can say is that don't you think he has literally been racing his wheels off lately.

By the way what did you think of Nico's remark that the accident caused him to lose the race. In reality it caused both of them to lose the race.

Would have loved to be at this meeting!

F1: Rosberg said he did it on purpose, Hamilton reveals | FOX Sports

17. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    I don't think Nico is all that smart IMO his father Keke is advising him on how to get one up on Lewis

18. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Nonsense. This isn't the 70s when setup information was top secret.

19. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Who talking about the 70's ???

20. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

+1

Nico gets my vote!

21. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    As I understand different drivers and their engineers at teams in modern these days, it's not like the 70s where for instance some drivers were brilliant in getting their cars setup well. These days car setup is a group effort between primarily the engineers, telemetry of that particular driver and driving style meaning that is different for every driver, and some driver input (not that they don't know what the tires and telemetry of the car isn't doing already!) so there isn't any communication between the two sides of the garage that is going to benefit the other, other than perhaps studying the others braking points through the telemetry or something, but even then the engineers know more about that sort of thing than the drivers.

22. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    hamilton didn't have an exclusive on whining.
    for the post race interviews will buxton should have had a beach towel to dry all the tears.
    kimi was the best.
    thirty seconds of weepy mumbling.
    i've never seen such a display.

23. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Interesting - But the original poster IMO was talking about turning off data sharing Not race set up.
    Check this link Formula 1 - nonf1.com: Hamilton will study the telemetry Rosberg

24. Axecent

Axecent Formula 3

Oct 15, 2008
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    The narcissism is strong in many of these drivers. No wonders why....I love watching racing but I don't have a shrine in my house worshipping a driver(s). The more the media concentrates on off track shenanigans and petulant frenzies and/or the other side of their bipolar personalities, the less I enjoy 'the show'. I want to see what they get paid to do: Race F1. Seeing what a bunch of simpy little *****es half of them are actually detracts from my attraction to the sport. Next time, I'll turn off the coverage after the flag and watch from when the lights go out, otherwise, I'll fall into this trap.

25. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    It benefits the team to retire a car with damage They can get a new transmission for the next race
    You're from London But no fan of Lewis - How come ?