2014 F1 SHELL BELGIAN GRAND PRIX: RACE *** SPOILERS *** | Page 22 | FerrariChat

2014 F1 SHELL BELGIAN GRAND PRIX: RACE *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Aug 24, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  2. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Exactly. This is all a Lewis thing as he has larger and more obnoxious fan base. The media sees $$$$ signs and nothing else folks.

3. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Do you think all those fans booing in Spa were all Brits, because I don't, unless we invaded them over the weekend ;)

That alone spoke volumes to me, and I'am glad that this happened, yes it's a sport, but no one likes a dirty tricks campaign, especially when involving a certain amount of trust between your own team mate, Nico has sunk to the bottom of the barrel in that respect IMO.

4. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I do hope you are not referring to me.

However yes £££'s the juxtaposition, Bernie will love it and yes he is a Brit.

It's all about the show folks.

BTW, it matters not to me what country Hamilton or any driver other comes from, my stance would be the same on this issue.

5. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    fixed for you

6. Ferraripilot

Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    No sir. I point that to the booers at Spa. Jordan was a class act up there, said what needed to be said.

7. Ferraripilot

Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Where are all his penalties then? Nothing to see here, moving on

8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    To be fair...a LOT of fans from the UK go to Spa (and rightly so). No I don't think they where all Brits that where booing, but the majority surely where Lewis fans. Irrelevant though, as my comment was more for the British media and can now use cheap headlines again.

I'm sure he didn't, as you actually use your head when commenting. I'm sure he actually meant the guy that so beautifully posted the comment straight after yours (the ''fixed for you'' comment!)! Couldn't have done it any better.

9. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    It is a fallacious argument to assume that penalties flow from all wrongdoings. It's not always the case. I can see why the stewards saw it as a racing incident but in light of rosbergs admission (saying he did it on purpose) anything less than a penalty would be a failing IMO.

Moving on sounds good... I've posted far too much on these forums today

@bas

No point me being logical around here because nobody answers logic with logic. I might as well stick to trolling and be obnoxious. Might get a few laughs.

10. Ferraripilot

Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Nico held his line on purpose, as he was allowed to, and as many drivers have gambled on doing in the past. The media is twisting this fact. Had Nico actually hit him on purpose he would have a penalty. The best on the business have reviewed these actions and have found no wrongdoing, just extremely aggressive driving, which no one believed Nico was capable of and now here we are. As I said, moving on, nothing to see here.

11. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime

One question, why is KEKE "not worthy"? Because he only won 1 race on his 1982 Championship year? If that is the reason, I believe it is a misguided assessment of KEKE.

12. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    A billion dollar sport filled with two bit fools.

13. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

From SKY --FIA unlikely to launch investigation into Nico Rosberg-Lewis Hamilton clash at Spa
    Governing body believed to regard incident as closed; Wolff threatens to get tough after Hamilton scoffs about Rosberg receiving a 'slap on the wrist'

14. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I suppose that all his overtakings during his career never took place, that his wins were stolen and that each pole positions were time keepers errors too?

For the first time, Nico has a good car this year, and makes good use of it. I wouldn't read too much in what most consider a racing incident. Strangely the FIA stewarts agree with that. Where is your proof that Rosberg "cheat" ?

Nico Rosberg is a good racer, in my book, and would certainly deserves the tittle, just as much as his father did at the time.

15. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Keke Rosberg won his tile on regularity in an atmospheric car against a gaggle of turbo cars that kept breaking down.

His car was slower than the opposition but allowed him to gather points at most GPs that year. Should he be blamed for that?

16. gsjohnson

gsjohnson Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    GS Johnson
    It was widely opinioned that Keke won the WDC by default.

17. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

This type of statement suggests that Keke was just standing around, then somebody fell down and Keke won. That could be true in any single race. Remember Indy when 6 cars ran? If Schuey and Rubbens has both blown their engine, you could have had a Minardi on the podium.

That kind of quirk of fate is a once-in-a-lifetime occurrence.

A world champion is a different matter. To be a world champion, one has to be consistently good over a whole season. A fluke is not possible 15 or 16 times.

Please, Keke is a world champion. Let's not detract from it.

I don't like Lewis Hamilton, but I respect the fact that he is a world champion and I take nothing from him for it.

18. rotaryrocket7

rotaryrocket7 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2011
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Didn't read the whole thread, but Rosberg has given quarter in the past, look at the Bahrain race again, going into 4 Rosberg nearly left the track to make sure they didn't collide, no such movement from Hamilton. I think Rosberg had to prove a point, that he wasn't going to give quarter anymore, that racing was going to be very difficult for them when they're near each other. Was he truly next to him, debateable, he pull very closely along side, backed off and Hamilton closed the door. Racing incident.

19. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    They have already turned Nico into the arch villain, just as they did with Alonso in 2007 and Schumi basically his whole career.

20. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Third point intrigues me - I didn't know nico was Lewis's illegitimate child? Hahaha.

21. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #546 kraftwerk, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
    Fair enough :)

Ok point taken, however lets put it another way then irrelevant of nationality, Nico certainly did not win over any fans with his actions, in fact probably lost them.
    Is there a joke in there somewhere about my head, you do know I lost a bit of it ;)

LOL obviously you were busy on a tread mill.

Now this is where we differ.

Nico being the one heralded as the boxing clever calculating driver, put his car/life at risk sticking it where he knew Hamilton wouldn't back off, remember Ham was told by the team to let Nico by the race before, and he ignored it.

So this in itself leads me to believe the fact Nico was taking matters into his own hands with scant regard to the teams wishes, of not taking your team mate out.

You admit it could have gone wrong for him, as it happened it didn't, but the fact Nico has pointed out he was proving or making a point to Hamilton, near enough confirms it to me he made premeditated decision to make contact with his TEAMMATE to prove a point, you me and every man and his dog knew Hamilton would not yield, so that's where I draw my conclusion from.

And yes, the you were not there sat next to him how do know what was in his head brigade, can carry on bleating, it makes no difference to me it's my opinion which I do not think is far off the mark, regardless of what the cemented minds of the spineless stewards made or thought of it.

22. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Forza Nico......... Teach sky sports and all the rest that Lewis is a tool!

23. gsjohnson

gsjohnson Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    GS Johnson
    Pretty close...The 1982 Championship season saw Keke win one race. The only time since 1958 that a driver won the WDC with only one win. It was also the same year that Gilles was killed and Pironi had a season ending crash that caused the amputation of his leg. Both were Ferrari drivers that were favored to win the WDC and the Constructor's titles. Renault was the quickest but had reliability problems with their new engine rules Turbo package. It was also a Boycott season where one race was canceled and some races had as few as 14 cars. There were several driver changes during this season as a result. Keke's Williams team only finished 4th in the constructors championship behind Ferrari, McLaren and Renault.
    Now you decide...

24. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Astonishing insight there Sid, silly me and I thought the purpose of education was to learn to think for yourself.

A maternally crazed gorilla would come in handy at this very moment. :D

25. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    So, because Villeneuve and Pironi were eliminated from the championship through accidents, and the Renault teapot kept blowing up, Keke Rosberg was to blame?

Because Keke had a more reliable car, he kept banking up points whilst others were self destructing.

The championship was rightly attributed to the driver who accumulated the most point, I have decided.