2014 FORMULA 1 JAPANESE GRAND PRIX - RACE ***SPOILERS*** | Page 11 | FerrariChat

2014 FORMULA 1 JAPANESE GRAND PRIX - RACE ***SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Oct 4, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Agreed, but I'd still live with it.

2. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    ;)

I freely admit, he drove a masterful race. Very, very, impressive. No hate here! ;)

Ian

3. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    While anyone else is worrying about Bianchi the two Hamilton Fanboys are listing lap charts...
    Enough said, anymore questions?

4. Dino Chang

Dino Chang Guest

Dec 29, 2012
    It was mentioned by Brundle in the Sky coverage that some marshals were running towards the crash track side and not on the safe side of the tyre wall.
    Which was a risk considering that cars were still coming down that part of the track.

5. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    +1

Despite some claims to the contrary, and that it's ok to crash deliberately, it's a dangerous sport. Unforeseen **** will, fortunately rarely these days, happen.

There's absolutely no 'guarantee' that a closed cockpit would have made any difference. It may have, but I'm certain that at some point some bad **** will happen, and the debate will then be 'why on earth did they go to closed cockpits?'.....

Get well soon Jules,
    Ian

6. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    So obviously today you are wearing your tunnel vision blinkers, I didn't think you were that daft, it was my first line in this thread, sorry Pete I know it must hurt seeing Hamilton shine but please, give credit where it's due eh.

Otherwise .... I fear no comments are needed between the two of us.

7. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Those guys & gals are the unsung hero's of the sport! They regularly put their own lives at risk to try and help a car/driver in trouble. From what I saw, it was faster for them to get to the accident that way - They trust that the waving yellows are sufficient to 'protect' them.

Ian

8. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface

I mentioned that incident where?

Mark

9. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    You absolutely understood nothing at all. Today nobody really cares at the end of the day whether Hamilton was faster or not, maybe not even himself. But for you and toil that seems to be all that counts...And to your comment that "it must hurt seeing Hamilton shine" you still did not understand that I give a **** whether Nico or Lewis is faster, even on a normal race weekend...

10. Dino Chang

Dino Chang Guest

Dec 29, 2012
    Yes I know all that. All I was doing is saying what Brundel was saying, he's on twitter so anyone can take that up with him:)
    However the waved yellow flags were not sufficient to stop a second car visiting the crash site. The Marshals were lucky this time.

11. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Yep.

I wasn't trying to argue, I think we're singing from the same hymn book..... They put their lives at risk even without leaving their post. Remember the wheel thru the fence at Monza a few years back. Another terrible, and probably unpreventable, accident.

Ian

12. Mulehead

Mulehead Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2012
    So lucky that no marshals where hurt . Fia needs to make a rule to slow guys in yellow flag area Impo they need to give the car and driver a 5 race suspension if you don't maintain control of your car in a yellow flag area with safety crew working in the zone . They can have yellow flag with red X in a area where safety team is working . You can't pass in a yellow zone guys are trying to hard to maintain the gap too other cars . The sport has to protect the marshals in these areas and the young driver's Impo don't have as much experience to understand how fast they and how close they are to being out of control

13. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    It's unbelievable the depths some will sink to go, to hate on Hamilton, I'm done. T12 was right :mad:

14. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    I do not hate Hamilton, but I do not really care about him. I do not understand what you are reading into my posts...

15. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    To be fair, I believe that Jules was caught out by new falling rain and his car hydroplaned off the track and into that area. There was a yellow flag there already so I doubt he was driving recklessly.

I think it was just a really unfortunate, unforeseen incident.

16. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Exactly.

Aren't all accidents 'unforeseen'? ;)

Unless you're a fat ****ing cheating slimeball anyway. :(

I really don't want to labor the point until we know Jules is going to be OK at least, but I think this terrible situation completely affirms my point.

Ian

17. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Ferrari is disputing that report from L'Equipe....

Ferrari have denied speaking to L’Equipe and have said that the previously reported statement attributed to them regarding the condition of Jules Bianchi has not come from them. “That statement was never said,” the Ferrari spokesperson Renato Bisignani has told the Guardian.

18. Mulehead

Mulehead Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2012
    You are right . There is alot of pressure on the young guys to go fast so suspend carAnd driver 5 races

19. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    An ion from Ian, there is a joke in there somewhere.

20. Mulehead

Mulehead Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2012
    And some people on the Internet need to get a life talking lap times is a joke right

21. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    The thing is: This isn't the first time we've seen multiple cars slide off the same corner in the rain.

Remember the "citizen crane" corner, where half a dozen cars fetched up ... and one driver rode the crane out?

And an earlier Japanese GP where Schumi and several others were parked against the same barriers?

I've been thinking about a movable catch net, like they use on aircraft carriers, except triangular, that could be deployed at recovery areas.
    There'd be two anchors in embedded hooks at the edge of the track and the outside of the runoff, and the other corner would be held aloft by a mild steel pole inserted into a slot behind the barriers.
    If a car ran into the net, the steel pole would deform, softening the impact, possibly allowing the net to catch the second car before it plows into the course workers and crane.

Not sure it's practical, but it's a thought.

After all, the drivers knew the job was dangerous when they took it.
    But the corner workers aren't getting big bucks to stand in harm's way.

Anyone who's driven rallye has recurring nightmares about plowing into crowds.
    Not something an F1 driver should have to cope with.

22. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    #272 texasmr2, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
    I am slow thus run-on sentences with no punctuation confuse me

peese

23. Fast_ian

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Understand what you're getting at.

They pretty much almost tried that back in the day - 'catch fencing' that would slow them down before hitting the wall. Makes a lot of sense until a guy gets trapped in it and they can't get to him quickly. Bad idea.

Ian

24. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Huh! okay lets talk about a 3 legged wooden rocking horse winning the Grand national then, maybe that's more suitable for you, in the F1 section :rolleyes:

25. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Catching on, you having a giraffe, he couldn't catch a cold.