2015 Chicago and Great Lakes automotive events | FerrariChat

2015 Chicago and Great Lakes automotive events

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by F1tommy, Feb 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #1 F1tommy, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
    Time to start a new thread for 2015. We already had the Chicago Auto Show last week, wich I thought was the best for sports car fans in many years.

Her is the list so far:

Ferrari Expo 2015 March 21st at Continental Auto sports

Chicago Illinois Ferrari, Maserati Dealership | Continental AutoSports

The Concours d'Elegance of Chicago presents: An Evening with Peter Brock

Designer of the Corvette Sting Ray and the Shelby Daytona Coupe Thursday April 23rd, 5:30 PM

Events at Cooper Technica, Inc. - Chicago - Restoration of Vintage Automobiles

Their website is not updated but they are planning several more events at Cooper Technica this year.

////////////////////////ROAD AMERICA//////////ROAD AMERICA///////////////////////////////////

This year they will have the Pirelli World sports car Challenge races on June 26th-28th. http://www.world-challenge.com/

Pirelli World Challenge | Elkhart Lake's Road America, Inc.

The Hawk Historical races on July 16th-19th

The Continental Tire Road race (Old ALMS) on August 6th-9th.

Check their website for more races:

Elkhart Lake's Road America, Inc.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Will post more info on the Milwaukee Masterpiece and Geneva Concours coming in August later.

Please feel free to add more automotive events you know about.

2. mobiledev22

mobiledev22 Karting

Feb 20, 2015
    Boston
    #2 mobiledev22, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2015
    March 21st: 2015 Ferrari Expo
    Sunday July 12th: Ferraris on Oak St
    More information: FERRARISONOAK.COM

April 18th: Ferraris and Coffee
    Locations: 8:00am at 1301 Half Day Road, Bannockburn, IL
    August 8th: Ferraris and Coffee
    September 13th: 18th Annual Ferrari Festival

3. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #3 F1tommy, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2015

Good one !!

4. mobiledev22

mobiledev22 Karting

Feb 20, 2015
    Boston
    Can't wait for the snow to go away so I can drive my car!!... one more week... hopefully.

5. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    In your dreams, LOL. This is Chicago!

6. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Where did that come from?
    I thought the event is on July 12 and is organized by FCA?

7. mobiledev22

mobiledev22 Karting

Feb 20, 2015
    Boston
    ferrarisonoak.com says june 22nd

8. Davisvehicles

Davisvehicles Karting

Aug 10, 2013
    Brew City/Windy City
    Full Name:
    Ben Davis
    Where is the RUUD garage in Racine? I'd love to see it, but I am in Wisconsin already.

9. matta72

matta72 Rookie

Dec 26, 2003
    Racine, WI
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Me Too. I'd love to check out the LaFerrari in my home town.

10. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    From FCA website:
    Mar 21. The 36nd Annual Art, Literature & Model Expo at Continental AutoSports. 420 E. Ogden Ave, Hinsdale, 9am-4pm. There will be more than a dozen vendors and an excellent selection of Ferraris being shown off in their service area. Load up on your Ferrari gear and regalia. Info: Hugh Ruthven, email: [email protected].

Apr 18. Ferraris and Coffee. Location change! 8am at The Bannockburn Green (1301 Half Day Rd., Bannockburn). At 9:30am we’ll head north to Racine, meet up with the North Central Region, tour the Ruud Racing garage and view their new LaFerrari and other Ferraris. Please RSVP for the drive and garage tour. Info: Greg McKibben, email: [email protected].

May 9. Spring Drive/Rally to Lake Geneva. Meet at Ambrosia Euro America café and then rally to the Geneva Inn for lunch in Lake Geneva. $50 p/p. Info: Hugh Ruthven (847)382-3020, email: [email protected].

May 16. “Ferraris So Fast You Will Freak.” Tour of Jimmy John’s car collection. A joint event with the St. Louis and Indiana Chapters. Our Chicago contingent meets at Continental AutoSports at 8:30am and caravans down to Champaign. Jimmy will serve us a knock out spread of food. Must RSVP! Info: Greg McKibben, email: [email protected].

Jun 6-7. Central States Track Event at Gingerman Raceway. Two full track days at one of Michigan’s finest road courses. We have helmets for beginners and race fuel for track junkies. Continental AutoSports will be hosting their annual beach house party on Saturday night. $545/weekend. Info: Dan Harrison, email: [email protected].

Jul 12. Ferraris on Oak. The finest all-Ferrari concours in the Midwest. Expect Ferraris from a 166 MM to a LaFerrari, and winners from Pebble Beach to Ville d’Este. Awards given and space is limited. Register early to ensure space is available to show your car. Must RSVP. Info: Greg McKibben, email: [email protected].

Jul 16-19. The HAWK, Road America Historic Races. Always a highlight of the summer for racing fans. For those that are going up, email Greg if you want to coordinate a caravan with other members. Info: Greg McKibben, email: [email protected].

Aug 8. Ferraris and Coffee. 8am at the Labriola Bakery in Oak Brook. Info: Greg McKibben, email: [email protected].

Aug 23. Geneva Concours d’Elegance. A spectacular multi-marque concours in downtown Geneva, IL. We’ll have Ferrari parking at Fiora’s on 3rd Street in the center of the show. Info: Drew Massa, email: drew.massa @freemanco.com.

Sep 13-18. Annual Ferrari Festival at The Italian Village. One of our longest and best events. The Italian Village will be serving food for all members. Info: Neill Osgood, email: [email protected].

Sep 19. Fall Drive to Autobahn Country Club. Info: Neill Osgood, email: [email protected].

Sep 27. Coffee and Classics in East Downtown Winnetka. 9–11am. Info: Steve Stitle, email: [email protected].

11. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    You crack me up!

12. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Can't wait for my car to be finally finished, stuck at LFSC forever (dash wrinkle repair, sticky switches replacement etc....)
    Weather does not bother me.

13. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Well don't feel bad, it snowing in Dallas today and Atlanta/Charlotte have also had some real nice weather/snow in the last 30 days. And don't forget the east coast and Boston.

I predict it will have a few days in the 70's by late March in Chicago. Get the cars ready. We are close to finished with winter. 2 more weeks :)

14. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    So Oak St is june or july?

15. speedsport

speedsport Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2013
    IL/WI
    Full Name:
    Michael

man i hope you're right. Just got my italia near the end of last summer. ....this winter is killing me!

16. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    I contacted FCA and they say July.
    I tend to believe rather what they say, since THEY organize the event.

17. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Absent which car is yours at LFSC? My latest toy is there for clear bra etc (2015 Cayman GTS)

18. mobiledev22

mobiledev22 Karting

Feb 20, 2015
    Boston
    Thanks for the clarification!

19. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Fixed previous posts.

20. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    G. Silverstone 575SA

21. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Here is what the email from FCA said today:

May 16th - Ferraris so fast you will freak! - Jimmy John's garage tour and party. Jimmy throws legendary parties and is rolling out the full spread for our Illinois, Indiana and St. Louis members.

•June 6-7th - Gingerman Track Weekend in South Haven, MI - The highlight of the year for many of our members both track junkies and beginners alike, including the Saturday night party at Continental AutoSport's beach house.

•July 12th - Ferraris on Oak Street - The finest Ferrari concours in the Midwest held on Oak Street in downtown Chicago. Cars shown will have participated in Pebble Beach, Cavallino and Ville d'Este.

•August 16-19th - FCA National Meet in Monterey & Laguna Seca. We are scheduling trucks to haul cars round trip for the event. Register at Ferrari Club of America 2015 Annual Meet. Please email me asap if you want to reserve a spot.

•August 23rd - The Geneva Concours d'Elegance - One of the better multi-marque concours around. We will have our usual FCA parking and lunch at Fiora's.

•September 13th - The Ferrari Festival at the Italian Village - Always one of our best attended events of the year on Monroe Street downtown.

22. mobiledev22

mobiledev22 Karting

Feb 20, 2015
    Boston
    March 21st is around the corner... :)

23. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    and no rain in the forecast. Too bad the salt will still be on the roads.

24. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #24 F1tommy, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Update from Cooper Engineering in Chicago on the Chicago Concours 2016 to be held in June 2016 on Northerly Island, Chicago USA.

The photo below shows the layout planned. They will have a car club parking area by the Adler parking lot on Sunday the day of the concours. The island should be completed this year, but they still have to build the bridge and the Lucas Museum:)

Also photos of the Alfa Romeo 2500's under restoration at Cooper along with a Bugatti Type 57 in for service. The Alfa foam body form was made so that they could fabricate new body panels. The 224 numbered car did run in the Mille Miglia

By the way, Pete Brock will be in town on April 21st for the Cooper Engineering open house. They hope to have a Cobra Daytona on display.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Tommy the third photo is Northerly Island completed? Is it just going to be a park then?