2015 Hellcat makes 707HP | Page 6 | FerrariChat

2015 Hellcat makes 707HP

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by Staylor33813, Jul 1, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DoctorV8

DoctorV8 Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Sanjay
    such as Mr. monaroCountry.

2. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Hellcat is not for road course. Its a.5 passenger daily driver that can be taken to drag strip and run in 10's! I say job well done srt!

3. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    How long will it be before someone shoehorns a Hellcat engine into an Alfa 4c? You know that someone has already though about that at FCA.

4. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    I bought the Hellcat to be my daily driver. It replaces 2 previous SRT8 Chargers that I really enjoyed. The extra power/performance coupled with the new 8 speed Auto makes for a more exciting daily driver. Add in the great sound track and its a fantastic package for about $65k. Yes although it's mission in life was not to be a super track performer it does very well on the track as evidenced by the several videos that are out there. On the street you have all the cornering power you will need. It could use larger rear rubber than the 275 it comes with. Rumor is that Dodge will offer 305's soon. Dodge just reported that they have sold out this years allocation.

5. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I want a Hellcat engine shoehorned into a 2 door Jeep Wrangler!

:eek:

6. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Mercedes will build you a special racing jeep ;).

7. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
  8. ForzaV12

ForzaV12 Formula 3

Sep 15, 2006
    Laguna Niguel
    Full Name:
    Steve
    BS ,non-verified, anecdotal data is worthless. The Sube is so far down the performance scale these days that its laughable. Check out its lap times from sources with a little bit more consistency and you'll see just how slow it is.
    The Hellcat is no road racer, but place someone competent behind the wheel and it will outrun the Sube. Heck, there is a vid of one of the magazines that shows a standard SRT8 Challenger outrunning a Lotus Elise around big willow. Does that mean the Lotus is a joke? Those that practice professional Internet bench racing might think so?