2015 price increase | FerrariChat

2015 price increase

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by gqa, Jul 9, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gqa

gqa Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2011
    NY NY
    I know there is another thread speculating about this but since I just took delivery and have my window sticker in hand I'd like to bring this to others attention and get to the bottom of it.

My window sticker has the base price of my car at $239,340.00 but when I spec'd my car as a 14' model the sticker was $233,509.00 which is a $5,831.00 increase. Plus there was a $1,750.00 TSMG Fee which I have no idea what it is.

So I would like to know who prints these window stickers? The dealer? FNA? I'm trying to figure out who sets these prices. I do not have any additional standard equipment in my car but paid at least a $7,581 in increases. I'm happy to have my car but I don't like feeling like a sucker either!

2. FE458IT

FE458IT Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2013
    Toronto
    At least you got a window sticker, i called my dealer and asked them to save mine and they said the car wouldn't have a window sticker.

Can you post a pic?

3. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    TSMG. My dealer said it is not a profit or commission to the dealership, but is fee that Ferrari charges for their own marketing.

4. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    It's a state law here in Michigan to have a window sticker
    Can't speak to the other 49 states
    I have both stickers from the 2 Ferraris purchased new

5. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    No window sticker? That is Very odd. As for the 7k, sounds it's too bad you didn't get anything for it. I probably would have negotiated some of that off, although I guess some dealerships don't do much negotiating, I've always had good luck..

6. synergy

synergy Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2007
    Austin Texas
    Full Name:
    Chris
    You should have received the two SAT Nav and Radio options -- $8K price increase seems ridiculous.

7. jaa1359

jaa1359 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 1, 2014
    Aside from people opining on here about the inclusion of sat/nav as standard for 2015, I have yet to hear any official confirmation about it. I have a deposit in and a I am currently waiting on an allocation. My dealer still says that FNA has not confirmed anything to them about 2015 pricing, or any new standard equipment.

8. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    It is so great to be in the position of selling cars where there is so much mystic and psychology.

"If I want a car in a color other than red, does that cost extra?"

"So you want to buy a car. Yes. And exactly who are you? "

"I'd like to order my car today. Can pick it up maybe tomorrow or by the end of the week?"

"Sir, we accept payment in cash, or gold bars, or diamonds--preferably colorless,flawless, and larger stones only-- four or five carats."

9. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    Just say "thank you sir, may I please have another!"

10. Speedy2081

Speedy2081 Formula Junior

Feb 8, 2009
    Westchester New York
    Full Name:
    Joe C
    My dealer confirmed today that my 2015 WILL include the Sat. Radio & Nav. These are 2 items I originally didn't order. I'm at status 40 hoping to get in before the August shut down.

11. Zaius

Zaius Formula Junior

May 8, 2014
    Because it is a known fact Remo charges above MSRP sometimes even 15k.

12. Aeroengineman

Aeroengineman Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    I can confirm my dealer said Monday the Sat Radio and Nav were in the base price and it is standard.

I had a chance to asK him what drove the $1684 MIRROIR PACKAGE on to the car and he said it was the FULL ELECTRIC SEAT OPTION. That makes those seats a $8200 option ouch!

Apparently - the mirrors auto dim but the most important thing is they fold in when you park and this is considered good because these cars are a lot wider than my F355. - We'll see.

13. Zaius

Zaius Formula Junior

May 8, 2014
    It's called inflation. Trillions of US dollar units are being conjured up yearly.

14. Aeroengineman

Aeroengineman Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    My dealer just advised my base price for my 2015 delivered is 269,903 not the 263,762 that I signed in the contract? sure I get the Nav and the Sat which I do not want but can they just do that at my expense without my approval??

15. Speedy2081

Speedy2081 Formula Junior

Feb 8, 2009
    Westchester New York
    Full Name:
    Joe C
    Who knows, I'd actually rather have the sat radio before the navigation. Oh well.....

16. FE458IT

FE458IT Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2013
    Toronto
    Probably not.

But they know how bad we want the car.

Put it this way, they offer you a choice of cancelling the deal and getting your deposit back or taking the car and paying the increase, what are you gonna do?

17. FE458IT

FE458IT Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2013
    Toronto
    Sat Nav is indeed standard, dealer e mailed me my invoice tonight and charge for sat nav on the bill shows $0.00

18. RichP470

RichP470 Rookie

Sep 8, 2012
    N California

+1

I was shocked when I got a 15 and happy to get it. Yes it cost more, but it's also a newer model year.

19. jaa1359

jaa1359 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jun 1, 2014
    Yes. My dealer also confirmed to me today the new base price. Thanks for confirming.

20. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Exactly....if he doesn't take it someone will....I was happy just to able to order a new one....