2016 California T Fuel Guage Stuck on Full | FerrariChat

2016 California T Fuel Guage Stuck on Full

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Wild76, Jun 21, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wild76

Wild76 Rookie

Sep 6, 2021
    Full Name:
    Christopher Wilding
    New Ferrari owner here, purchased a certified 2016 California T about 5 months ago from a Ferrari Dealership in the Mid-West and have driven it around 700 miles so far. The fuel gauge is still showing full after filling up last week and having driven 60 miles since then. The range keeps increasing as I burn more fuel. Suggestions / help ? The car did have a brand new battery installed 5 months ago and I keep it on a factory trickle charger every day & night when not in use.

2. bb2thdr

bb2thdr Karting

Dec 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    Scott Bialik
    Plug the car into an OBD2 reader. If you dont have one, any AutoZone will do it for you. Under standard diagnostic codes you will see a fuel level. That will be a percentage rather than the bars on the display. If that shows 100% then you have an issue that needs to be addressed by Ferrari because the fuel level sensor is shot.

If it shows75% or less and your display shows 100%, then you have an issue with the display or the can bus receiver for the display.

If it is at like 91% or higher, then it may be working just fine. The display for the fuel isnt really that great.

Carbon Bits and tomc like this.
  3. Snewton94024

Snewton94024 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2015
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Steve Newton
    This doesn't answer your question but simply a note.
    The gauge on my 2016 T was not at all accurate once it got to 1/4 tank remaining. It was always a guess.

Andrew Pour likes this.