2016 T sells for 165 at Mecum | Page 2 | FerrariChat

2016 T sells for 165 at Mecum

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Juan-Manuel Fantango, Jul 23, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. douglas360

douglas360 Karting

Nov 7, 2016
    SoCal
    Yes, you can. I believe you have to have the magneride option to do the complete HS retro-fit though; otherwise you can just do the exhaust mod. Not sure if you get the little armrest plaque (says Handling Speciale).

2. James cln

James cln Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2015
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    James cline
    How much for HS package installed?

3. James cln

James cln Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2015
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    James cline
    How much for HS package installed?

4. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    The HS package when ordering the car is around $8500, but this price includes the Magnetic suspension, which alone is $5500, so you're effectively paying $3,000 for all the other benefits: proper exhaust, better handling, quicker shifts, etc... for a Ferrari, that's practically nothing.

To have it retrofitted, I believe it's around $12K, but I could be wrong, perhaps others can chime in.

5. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    anything firmer than my non HS and id opt for a 458 or 488.

6. douglas360

douglas360 Karting

Nov 7, 2016
    SoCal
    Hit the "bumpy road" button to take the edge off the CaliT HS?

7. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    As mentioned above, hitting the bumpy road mode on a HS Cali T I didn't feel was substantially different than the standard Cali T I test drove, that's the amazing thing about it... it made the car more Ferrari like without much in sacrifice.

That is a huge reason why standard Cali Ts are having tough times being sold, on top of the fact it isn't the "coveted" Ferrari to have, although I truly mine.

8. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Although I have traded in the Cali T HS for a 458, I still think Cali T is such a great car and value, even without the HS, for those who don't mind the turbo noise, which was the only reason I traded the car for. I miss the hard top, the classy and timeless contour and presence on the road. The car can also be stupidly fast. That really is a Ferrari. Of course, I am sure the replacement is going to be very nice too.

Plus different age groups want different things from a car. I think Cali T can provide many to many different groups. I am sure there are some who hate the screaming noise of a na engine.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

9. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    buyer pays additional 10%? seller pays 10%? the auction makes 20%?

10. R CALI

R CALI Rookie

Jul 13, 2017
    Keller, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Segel
    Yup! That's how it works at auctions. The percentages may vary a bit but the major auction houses are all at 10% on both sides. That's how they pay for the carnival atmosphere.

Buyers and/ or sellers may win or not but the auction company ALWAYS wins.....

11. PhantomCypher

PhantomCypher Formula Junior

May 25, 2014
    USA
    This car even had CarPlay!!

If anyone knows a 2016 Cali T owner with similar miles and MSRP I'm a willing and ready buyer with $165k cash right now.

12. Nautilus1

Nautilus1 Karting

Apr 24, 2011
    NYC
    That price seems fair but not a steal. I saw a late 2015 Cali T with 3k miles on it for sale for just under 180k fairly well kitted out. I guess with the Portofino coming these will not hold as the new new thing is here. Meanwhile...i still like the body of the original Cali/Cali30 better. It still evokes the original cali. I know many think its an ugly duckling but i think its really beautiful and still special to drive.

13. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

I'm with ya!
    T

14. Tides

Tides Karting

Sep 5, 2015

Me too !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

It's official, the official F-chat avorio Cali posse says - stop griping, and give the Cali some love!

T

16. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Don't forget me !

17. crazedboutcars

crazedboutcars Karting

Dec 14, 2018
    Dubai, U.A.E.
    Full Name:
    Madhav Kanchan
    Over here in UAE, only 25 Californa T's in the market with one being from the dealer and none HS; does it mean California T HS will hold the values better and perhaps even appreciate ever so slightly a few years down the line?

18. boobernackle

May 28, 2016
    No, it's not a limited production car and was the eaisest car to get. Cali T cars have the worst depreciation.

19. Jeff3545

Jeff3545 Karting

Sep 4, 2018
    SF Bay Area and South Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff Nolan
    your local dealer isn’t going to sell that car.

I bought a 2016 Cal T with 1,300 miles on it, MSRP was $272k, for $177k just a few months ago. There are a lot of Californias for sale and the market is soft. I could have negotiated the price down if I waited but I really just wanted to get the car... and in the weeks following my purchase, several of the cars I was tracking (all 2016s, low mileage) were having their price cut.

20. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    One thing is for certain these cars dropped in price pretty quickly especially once portofino’s started getting delivered. There is even a red/tan 2015 T 27k miles CPO qualified at Ferrari Long Island around 140k so prices have come way down. Heck there is one I’ve been watching in Texas at a non Ferrari dealer that’s dropped to under 130k for a 2016 with over 30k miles. Definitely a buyers market.

21. Wreck111

Wreck111 Rookie

Aug 23, 2018
    Hilton Head SC
    Full Name:
    Alan W
    Last week's Manheim report. This is fir low mileage 2016. Add shipping recon and dealer profit and your 170 plus for a 2016. 180 plus for a 17. Mileage has to be single digits.

Attached Files:

22. Jeff3545

Jeff3545 Karting

Sep 4, 2018
    SF Bay Area and South Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff Nolan
    I don’t think you can chalk it up to the Portofino when 458 prices have held firm in the wake of the 488 launch. The California and the Portofino are daily drivers and as such they are less exclusive than the other models. It’s still a Ferrari and I’m happy to own one, in fact my preference was the California T over the other daily driver, the FF/GTC4.

It’s not uncommon; the Porsche 911 holds up pretty well in the secondary market while the Panamera drops like a rock the minute you drive it off the lot. I think another factor that affects the California pricing is the fact that Ferrari has made no secret of the fact that they want to build as many as they can sell. Either way, in spite of being a daily driver many owners treat them as garage queens and that is good news for buyers like me.

azlin75 likes this.
  23. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    California’s also appear to require far less in the way of maintainance over other models, early model DCT and top failures aside. But it’s also fair to say better reliability and ease of maintenance has reached the rest of the models as well.

24. Wreck111

Wreck111 Rookie

Aug 23, 2018
    Hilton Head SC
    Full Name:
    Alan W
    Last week's Manheim report. This is for low mileage 2016's. Add shipping recon and dealer profit and your 170 plus for a 2016. 180 plus for a 17. Mileage has to be single digits.