2017-2018 Silly Season | Page 17 | FerrariChat

2017-2018 Silly Season

Discussion in 'F1' started by vinuneuro, May 14, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

2. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Any bets on how Ericsson and Leclerc will compare?

tifoso2728 likes this.
  3. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    I'll bet a 120/76 308GTB brochure that Leclerc prevails . . . .

375+ and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  4. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Ericsson better prepare his excuses early for next year

5. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    The stakes are too high. How about a 199/80 Mondial 8 brochure?

6. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    So GIO gets put aside as the back-up driver for Alfa-Sauber.

7. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Let's see how Ericsson compares to Leclerc. If Giovinazzi is significantly faster than Ericsson, or if Leclerc is scoring points and Ericsson isn't I would expect the team to put Gio in the race seat.

Bas and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  8. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Pffttt . . . . I would pay you to take one from me. Sorry Mondial 8 owners, but they just don't sell.

375+ and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  9. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Is it Alfa-Sauber, or Sauber-Alfa? It's important who gets top billing.

May one assume now that the Alfa logos will disappear from the Ferraris?

10. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yep I agree, depends how big the Swedes that took the team over stake (still) is or how much they sold off, but if their interest is small I bet that by summer break GIO will be in that car.

11. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel

Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 Team

12. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    DECEMBER 4, 2017

Kvyat in talks over Formula E move

Daniil Kvyat could revive his motor racing career in Formula E.

After a tumultuous couple of years, the 23-year-old Russian lost his place not only at Toro Rosso, but in the entire Red Bull programme.

But Formula E is now regarded as a viable alternative to F1 for drivers, manufacturers and sponsors.

Ex-F1 drivers including Jean-Eric Vergne, Sebastian Buemi, Kamui Kobayashi, Nelson Piquet jr, Andre Lotterer, Lucas di Grassi, Jerome d'Ambrosio and Nick Heidfeld all race in Formula E today.

Felipe Massa is expected to follow soon, and the Russian news agency Tass says Kvyat is another potential Formula E driver of the future.

Tass says Kvyat has "held talks with at least two teams" and could take part in test drives in January.

13. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    DECEMBER 5, 2017

Haas closes door on Ferrari's Giovinazzi

[​IMG]

Haas appears to have closed the door completely on Antonio Giovinazzi.

Since July, the Ferrari junior driver appeared in a Haas cockpit on seven Friday mornings at grands prix.

"I don't think it helped us or our drivers," Haas team boss Gunther Steiner told Ekstra Bladet newspaper.

"I cannot say how negative it was, but it was not positive. We will see what we are doing next year, but we have not talked about it yet," he added.

Italian Giovinazzi has been left out of the Sauber race lineup for 2018, even though Ferrari's other junior, Charles Leclerc, was accommodated.

Ferrari also tried to accommodate Giovinazzi at Haas for 2018, but the American team said no.

"They asked," Steiner said, "but if you don't ask you don't get what you want.

"They did not pressure us. We quickly clarified that we have two drivers next year. It was pretty straightforward."

For now, Giovinazzi has six Friday practice outings lined up with Sauber for 2018.

"We understand his desire to race but at the moment there are no places," Ferrari president Sergio Marchionne told Italy's Autosprint.

14. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    DECEMBER 5, 2017

Kvyat to attend NASCAR test

[​IMG]

Another potential opportunity has opened up for ousted Toro Rosso driver Daniil Kvyat.

The Russian was dropped from Red Bull's F1 programme, but we reported this week that he is in talks with "at least two" Formula E teams.

And now, the Autodromo di Franciacorta circuit in Italy has confirmed rumours that Kvyat, 23, will be at the "recruitment tests" on Tuesday for the European NASCAR series.

15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Haas is a car that needs full development by it's regular drivers, not serve as a rookie test vessel....so I fully understand Steiners' point. I'm not sure of the testing capabilities of Grosjean and Magnussen (though from what I see and heard from insiders, Grosjean's capabilities are less than impressive). What's best for Haas is a strong veteran driver to work to improve the car, much like De la Rosa was for instance. A rookie is not their answer, they're not going to be at the top any time soon.

16. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Unfortunate end for his career at the top. Fundamentally he's not a bad driver at all, just suffered an enormous streak of sheer bad luck, and when it finally did go right he made the odd mistake himself...Ultimately this wrecked his confidence. Now it's for him to look which drive (almost certainly outside F1) pays him the most, really. I think Formula E pays quite handsomely.

17. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    A Russian driver in NASCAR? More FAKE NEWS!

18. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
  19. DF1

20. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
  21. DF1

So titles affected by the stupid engine rule and now they think they should maybe alter tracks to make racing better. Do not need updates to tracks if penalties are in force !!!!!!!!!!

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/133455/todt-no-going-back-on-2018-engine-rules

FIA president Jean Todt says there is no going back on the move to three engines in Formula 1 next year, despite fears it will result in a flood of grid penalties.

Red Bull boss Christian Horner has tried several times to get the regulations changed, because he thinks it is "barking mad" to be cutting back on engine usage with manufacturers having struggled to get through this year with four power units.

But with not all teams in agreement that the rules need changing - and Ferrari president Sergio Marchionne giving short shrift to the idea in a recent Strategy Group meeting - there is now no hope of a change.

Horner remains unhappy about the situation for 2018, but is well aware that with Ferrari so adamant it won't consider a rule change, there is little he can do.

"Sergio shot it down last time. There is no chance for next year," he said.

When asked how worried he now was for 2018, the Red Bull boss said: "There will be plenty of grid penalties next year and what you would hate to have is a championship decided on grid penalties.

"We are getting to the point where with 21 races for three engines - it is nuts really."

Responding to comments from Mercedes boss Toto Wolff that Red Bull only had itself to blame for the three-engine limit because it had campaigned so hard for engine costs to come down, Horner said: "Whatever Toto says - his non-executive chairman [Niki Lauda] was arguing for four engines earlier in the year because it is a false economy.

"Those [additional] engines go on a world tour, they are here anyway."

22. DF1

23. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Let's see:
    Since the formula change in 2014 Mercedes has won 78.5% of the races;
    New regulations implemented in 2017 reduced overtaking by 50% from 2016;
    In 2018 we go from 4 to 3 engines for a 21 race season, guaranteed to increase grid penalties;
    And Ross Brawn sees Mercedes getting stronger in 2018.
    Formula 1 is certainly headed in the right direction, I can't wait for next season!

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  24. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    and more tyre compounds!!!!! Tis the season to be silly!!!