Auction - 2017 Alfa Romeo 4C Coupe | FerrariChat

Auction 2017 Alfa Romeo 4C Coupe

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by riccardone, May 22, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. riccardone

riccardone Karting

May 24, 2015
    #1 riccardone, May 22, 2022
    Last edited: May 22, 2022
    17k miles, Madreperla white, Tobacco interior, Akrapovic exhaust, located in Fairfield County, CT. $60,000.

Window sticker: https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=ZARBAAA4XHM222424
    • One owner
    • Dealer maintained from new
    • 100% stock, never tracked, never tuned, never autocrossed
    • $5k major service completed on March 25th, 2022
      • Bolt tightening
      • Timing belt
      • Water pump
      • Alignment
      • Oil change
    • New tires mounted October 2021
    • Always garaged, leather dash is tight as a drum
    • A couple rock chips
    • Chin is a bit scraped
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    My absolute fave color for these.
    GLWS

3. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
  4. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    The second sentence of the post shows the window sticker.

Racedrvr and riccardone like this.
  5. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I had the same color. Mine also was all scraped up under the front chin. This color is awesome in the sunlight

6. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    What a wonderful car! Is the most car you can get for $60k? Has to be.

7. xpensivewino

xpensivewino Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2008
    Simi Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Need to know basis
    I’m curious to know why a 17k mile car needs a water pump and a timing belt? Were these recall items, or are these as fragile as Ferrari’s?

8. riccardone

riccardone Karting

May 24, 2015
    The timing belt is part of the 5 year service. The water pump is a common "while you're in there" item that is customary to do with the timing belt.

9. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    It’s great that he did it. I had an early model that had a water pump problem. It was causing a vibration through the pedal system due to cavitation. Took the FCA engineers 4 visits to figure out what it was. It’s like any sports car, needs general maintenance, but you can drive this way harder than a Ferrari and not have to worry about stuff really breaking on you.

10. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Ah....not buying it. Ferrari's are fine service wise....we drive them like the race cars they are.....Afi's going to break just as much as anything else if you drive it hard. Just MHO

11. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I’d say less than 2 percent actually drive their Ferraris like a race car. Most are highly pampered and at most, see cars and coffee events before being put back away in hiding. The only Ferraris I ever see out at the track are usually challenge cars, and if it’s a regular model, they might spin a few moderate laps. Most don’t drive them like race cars. I learned that tracking my Ferrari often when I first got it. There was always something that needed fixed afterwards, mostly broken exhaust brackets. The newer models seemed to encounter lots of cell lights. Especially when driven hard in the canyons. I can’t tell you how many had to drive out in limp mode due to the cats getting to hot. in comparison to a Porsche, they are fragile on the track. Weekend drives, they are fine most of the time

12. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    It’s a testament to Porsche engineering where the entire car as a system is built to a performance standard . The true drive it to , on , and then from the track car.
    All that said … nice Alfa . Killer color with the akrapovic exhaust .
    Have you put it on the 4C forums ?

13. riccardone

riccardone Karting

May 24, 2015
    Yessir, here and the 4C forums are the only two places I've put it.

Car now has 19k miles, still available.

14. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Ive driven a 4c hard on track, it was excellent. Yes they do feel twitchy at the limit and you can feel it hunting about under hard braking, but thats a car thats imply needs to be driven. Unlike pretty much every road car I've tried the 4c was actually stiff enough to really work on track. Number aside it simply tore through the gears and was memorable simply because it was so much fun. yes the motor is a turbo but on track youre basically in the upper half of the rev range and on boost, plus the paddles can keep you int he groove.

I have no idea how reliable they are when driven hard.

Agree with others that Ferraris are not really durable on track, require lots of extra $ to track, and thats before you factor in depreciation from tracking and the basic cost of consumables for a ferrari driven hard. I've seen one 458 being tracked lately, otherwise those with newer Ferraris who track use something different.

Id say a cayman will feel big compared to a 4c. On track a Cayman Gt4 is going to be 2x the money to buy and 50% more to run for slightly faster laptimes and probably not as much fun. Were talking street legal drive to the track cars here.

If you want to go really fast on track in something turn key, a Cayman clubsport is pretty much the way to go amd if you know what youre doign there is no road car that will be anywhere close in terms of laptimes..
    I guess if you have unlimited $ and a dedicated crew then a 296 Gt3is top of the pile, but thats 800K? and you need a similar amount to really run it for a year.

4c at 50-60k drive to track. (maybe 50-75% of porche cost in consumables to run on track.)
    Gt4 at 130-150k drive to track
    Cayman clubsport 200k similar cost to run as a Gt4, but you need a truck and trailer.

Plus a 4c is a car unlikely to depreciate and prob will appreciate long term.
    The only car in the same league being built today is an alpine, and you cant get those here.
    An older elige is maybe going to be a bit more pointy and can be molded to be faster than a 4c, but an elige is less of a proposition for any distance drive to a track, and they're more expensive than a 4c these days for a nice one.

SaifC, 360Tom and k wright like this.
  15. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    Can confirm the 4C is a ton of fun--especially on extremely twisty roads. Really think this one is going to be a future collectible and regret selling mine.

Really nice example and best of luck on the sale.

16. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    I miss Porsche. Today they are a mass producer of SUV's that make some terrific sports cars.

IMHO

k wright likes this.
  17. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

The problem with porches "sports cars" is that aside from the Gt series they're not really great on track. The Gt3 and Gt4 are, but theyre big and get bigger with every turn. Thats what happens when the volume for the platform is the Gt car buyer, and porche is lighter and better than pretty much the rest..

There was talk that Caterham was going to buy the Elise tooling from lotus and make the component car version. Can one imagine and elsie without the airbags and mandatory frippery etc, ie 200lbs lighter elige sporting the new Honda 310hp turbo motor.We know the chassi and aero is fully developed by Lotus so it would be more than a kit car, and we know this platform works on road and track.

LightGuy likes this.