2017 FORMULA 1 SINGAPORE AIRLINES SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS *** | Page 5 | FerrariChat

2017 FORMULA 1 SINGAPORE AIRLINES SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Sep 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    He will just go flat out at the start,has nothing to lose,desperate for a win.Any sign of the slightest gap he will throw it up the inside/outside.

2. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    WilyB and tifoso2728 like this.
  3. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    The pole is great and the distance back to HAM is wonderful!!

4. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Makes the WDC more exciting :)

5. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    About freaking time they got their act together.

6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    That's how I see it too. He doesn't care about other people's WDC. He wants to win. Should be interesting.

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Glad to see that Diffy will be back and replace the lame Varsha.

8. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Wow I was thinking the opposite.

tifoso2728 likes this.
  9. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    daytona355 likes this.
  10. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Those two guys will be the future of ferrari, le clerc in particular . Nice that vettel acknowledges the team right down to guys back at base.... humble guy not afraid to admit it isn't all about him

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  11. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    I'll be starting a Leigh Diffey Sucks thread.

12. davebuchner

davebuchner Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Dave Buchner
    Loved that comment from Seb and I loved that he took the time to inspect the competitor's car in parc ferme to gain some insight into their speed today. It reminds me of his predecessor and fellow German - someone by the name of Schumi !

moretti, F2003-GA and daytona355 like this.
  13. davebuchner

davebuchner Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Dave Buchner
    .... and well done to SV and KR on getting the better of Mercedes today - looking forward to a clean start tomorrow and a great race for the Scuderia. I was worried after Monza that our championship challenge was unravelling but it seems to be strong again.

daytona355 likes this.
  14. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    Ferrari's Championship challenge is strong on this circuit because it is a high down-force circuit that suits the Ferrari better than the Mercedes (as nicely demonstrated by how well the Red Bull and McLaren cars went today).

Come Malaysia and the roles between Ferrari and Mercedes could easily be reversed once more (hopefully not though!)

As for: "looking forward to a clean start", I'd say: "hoping for a clean start" would be more accurate, especially with Mad Max alongside Seb!

Max has little to lose unlike Seb, so there's a good chance he will try to go wheel to wheel with Seb into turn one/two, and he won't worry too much about running into the Ferrari if need be (let's not forget that there is little love lost between Seb and Max!)

If Seb makes a good start tomorrow and stays ahead, both Red Bull drivers are going to push him hard and try to get him to wear his tyres out early or make a mistake.

If Seb makes a poor start and drops behind one or both Red Bull's then he's going to struggle to get back to the front.

Whatever happens, Seb is in for a tough race tomorrow!

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  15. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    If Max makes a good start and has himself on the inside, Vettel's best move is to think of the championship and not fight it! :D.

I want Vettel to win because he needs this win badly with the upcoming tracks are more of an advantage to Mercedes. The last thing I want is him to DNF...

ypsilon and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  16. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Forza Ferrari.

17. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Verstappen ready to attack Vettel at start http://www.thisisf1.com/?p=79230 via @ThisisF1

Max has expressed that he will attack and strike pole-sitter Vettel at the start. The kid is ball-sy, he thinks with his bottom pair instead of his head at times. Ricci will sit back and let the drama unfold.....weather permitting of course.

18. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    I think all Max is saying is that he knows Seb has a Championship to think about, making him vulnerable at the start, and he knows that his best opportunity is to attack Seb at the start, and so if there's a chance to attack, he is going to go for it - As I've posted, he's got nothing to lose, whereas Seb has.

The strange thing with F1 fans (especially on this site), is that they are forever moaning about drivers who just sit behind another car and never try an overtake for the worry of getting it wrong. They bemoan the fact that no one overtakes in the same manner that is seen in MotoGP, and then when we get a driver like Max, who does give it a go when it comes to overtaking, and is prepared to just: "jam it down the inside" MotoGP style, then the complaints are that he's brainless and doesn't think!

Personally, I don't expect anything less than Max to try to attack Seb at the start - in fact I'd be disappointed in him if he didn't.

With a bit of luck, Seb will make a great start, and Max and Ricciardo will be battling each other into turns one and two, holding up everyone else for a bit.

We'll find out tomorrow!

ypsilon likes this.
  19. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yep exactly. And when someone turns in on Max it's suddenly his fault, lol

20. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    He really has some bad luck that everybody is crashing into him, like the guy on the motorway having 100 ghost drivers at the same time coming towards him ;)

21. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I hope max gets a **** start, and catches it just as elton throws it past him, and takes him out properly, a DNF for elton would be perfect

moretti likes this.
  22. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    If Ricci. improves his qualy's, he's getting outgunned by the kid at almost every race this year, he'd be less dependent on other drivers misfortune.

tifosi12 likes this.
  23. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Exactly

daytona355 likes this.
  24. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Max is the real deal. DR is overhyped. The one year he beat Seb is meaningless. He is a good driver but no super star like Max will become.

ricksb likes this.
  25. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    I think Max can BECOME the real deal...one will see how he will drive when he is really in the competition for a WDC, whether he can balance his driving between full attack and getting most points or whether he will throw it all away with overambitious racing. Right at the moment it does not care as it actually does not make a difference whether he is 3rd of 6th in the WDC...Max is as dependent on the car as the others are and so it depends whether he is in the right car at the right time or whether he does an Alonso...